Goodyear Tyres Germany/Poland

Just had 4 new Goodyear tyres fitted at a very good price......but 2 are made in Germany and 2 in Poland also both the 2 German tyres have jun 17 manufacture date but the Polish tyres were made nov 16 and mar 17
So the question would that bother you or am worrying about nothing and what is acceptable for tyre manufacture date ie one tyre is almost 1 yr old

Comments

• vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The recommendation is that tyres are no more than 5 years old. An average car will wear a set of tyres in a year so no problem.
    The man without a signature.
  • ilikewatch
    ilikewatch Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    vikingaero wrote: »
    An average car will wear a set of tyres in a year so no problem.

Really? I have a fairly heavy right foot, and would be disappointed if I didn't get 20K out of a decent set of tyres. I believe that on average a car in the UK covers about 8K a year.
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,330 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The recommendation is that tyres are no more than 5 years old. An average car will wear a set of tyres in a year so no problem.

I think you need to get your wheel alignment checked.

The only time I've ever got through a set of tyres that quick was when the wheels were hopelessly out of alignment.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ectophile wrote: »
    I think you need to get your wheel alignment checked.

The only time I've ever got through a set of tyres that quick was when the wheels were hopelessly out of alignment.

You can't say that is the issue though. Some people do a lot of mileage, I do 17k a year in my main car so go through a set roughly every year and a half, although I have gone through a set of fronts in a year. I also have a sports car that I cane the absolute hell out of and that eats through tyres too. In both cases there is nothing wrong with the alignment.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Really? Are you running super soft track day tyres?

My wife's SUV tyres lasted nearly 50k miles and 5 years. My car, a near two ton saloon lasted 4 years and 30k + miles.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    You can't say that is the issue though. Some people do a lot of mileage, I do 17k a year in my main car so go through a set roughly every year and a half, although I have gone through a set of fronts in a year. I also have a sports car that I cane the absolute hell out of and that eats through tyres too. In both cases there is nothing wrong with the alignment.
    Neither of which is "average", which is what was being discussed. My last set of tyres on my Bmw 1 series lasted well over 35K before I sold the car on and they still had about 3-4mm left.
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    gardner1 wrote: »
    so 2 made in poland and 2 in germany is ok as well

Is there a forum for your car where you can ask?

My suzuki came with Bridgestone duellers.

Half the boys in the suzuki club reckoned they were real ditchfinders. The other half said they were fine.
    Turned out thepeople who claimed they were ditchfinders had tyres that said "made in Spain" on the side, and the fine ones said "made in Japan", but were otherwise absolutely identical.

Wouldn't like to guess with yours, I find that German made Continentals grip the road, but wear out in weeks, and manage to develop cracks all over even before that.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    Back to the OP's question, the fact that 2 were made in Germany and 2 were made in Poland will not make a jot of difference, they will both be manufactured and tested to the exact same standard.
  • I can't believe anyone would bother to worry about something like that.
  • neilmcl wrote: »
    Back to the OP's question, the fact that 2 were made in Germany and 2 were made in Poland will not make a jot of difference, they will both be manufactured and tested to the exact same standard.

Agree with this, the manufacturing process will be the exact same
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport