Willis Towers Watson

Just found out the administration of my FS pension is moving to this company this year
Any one know if I will be able to view say Transfer value online?
And what service is like?
Albeit I don't have a choice in the matter .
Thanks

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We started using them at Lloyds Banking Group last November to administer our staff pensions and so far I have been impressed.

It's a great easy to use portal and very easy to see fund performance. I can clearly see the value of all my funds.
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    fjh wrote: »
    Just found out the administration of my FS pension is moving to this company this year
    Any one know if I will be able to view say Transfer value online?
    And what service is like?
    Albeit I don't have a choice in the matter .
    Thanks

CETV was sent by post and took about eight days to arrive the three times I needed one.

Lots of good online functionality but not instant CETV.
  • craig1912
    craig1912 Posts: 52
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My Wife is with Lloyds and has nothing but problems with them. They have been shocking- taking weeks to respond to any FS query. Last time it took a complaint for them to respond. Latest has taken six weeks to give her some options at an early retirement date. Very poor
  • GSP
    GSP Posts: 873
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Peacefulwaters, I am able to get a CETV quote online from the system each day.

Could be there are different sites depending what institution you are in, but if you see "select an event", it will be in there after a few clicks.
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The only quick response I have had from them is when I requested a CETV. Otherwise they are painfully slow to respond to any enquiry. I find there is more chance of getting a helpful response if you phone. I have also been misinformed by them several times about details of benefits. Seems especially bad when trying to pin down accurate info about DB scheme. I get the distinct impression that their administrators are trying to deal with multiple DB clients at once and sometimes get the details mixed up between them.

My company is in the process of moving scheme admin across to Mercer
  • TcpnT
    Forumite
    My DB pension is deferred and it has never been possible to get an online CETV from WTW
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,704
    Forumite
    A very reputable and long standing company.

Willis were the insurance brokers for the Titanic :-)
  • agarnett
    agarnett Posts: 1,301 Forumite
    They are very big and ugly and no doubt rub shoulders with Goldman Sachs and others who are also extremely interested in manipulating our pension funds from all angles imagineable.

WTW employ a mixed bag of humans (I can say that because I plug in to them via a number of diverse teams handling different pension schemes in which I have an interest).

Some of those humans are nice people who behave in pro-active and caring ways when they can get away with it against the prevailing corporate cultural trends (generally at the lower levels of course), but no doubt WTW will be running those types down and in preference employing Artificial Intelligence more and more in order to manipulate funding strategy for their corporate principals using such things as "requests for CETVs" as movable dials - meaning that depending on the scheme and whose motives it serves most, you'll get access to info quick or slow, and you'll get CETVs which are generous or not generous, and you'll find your pension gets used as a comfy cushion and flak-jacket for corporate and other big-money protection when markets get wobbly.

Yer pays your money and yer takes your [STRIKE]choice[/STRIKE] chance
  • GSP
    GSP Posts: 873
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Found out from them if you can get access to their online system and run off the CETV figure with supporting papers, this is also good for 3 months.

Saves requesting a pack and paying maybe £300 a time if you request a year before your last figure.

Obtaining the figure daily and saving the report, you can also choose the highest figure to be used for when the transfer goes through.
  • TcpnT
    Forumite
    They obviously provide a range different online facilities to different clients - for my scheme all I can see is the original deferred value of my DB pension but no other useful options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure