PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have been studying the Challenge stats and our thread is now 7 STONE LIGHTER than we were at the start of the year. Well done everyone and keep up the good work!
    :T :) :T :) :T :)
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • JBD
    JBD Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    ragz wrote: »
    Have been studying the Challenge stats and our thread is now 7 STONE LIGHTER than we were at the start of the year. Well done everyone and keep up the good work!
    That's brilliant, well done everyone.
    need2bethrifty, that's great news, it must be a massive weight off your mind. It's a reminder to me not to take my health for granted, and to do everything in my power to look after it. That is the most important thing, being able to buy smaller jeans or whatever is just a bonus [though that feels great too:D].
  • Room for a late starter? :j

Ive set my goals into short term ones. I need to lose 7lbs by april and i aim to take it slow and steady!

After recovering from recent op ive just started up exercising again. I got the Jennifer Ellison DVD and Im quite impressed with it, i know im going to have abs of steel when ive finished it! :D
    Sealed Pot Member 1269 :D VSP... TO UPDATE!
    No more toiletries challenge..... Making progress! :T
    GROCERY CHALLENGE £100 January 2012 :j
    I MUST RESIST CHOCOLATE! WELL SOME OF IT ANYWAY!
    :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun
  • ragz wrote: »

woo hoo, that's brilliant! well done everyone :beer:

nearly had a heart attack today! i had stored my cross trainer in the garden, covered with 2 tarps, to make room for the xmas tree. i knew i had to wait for my knee injections, so it made sense.

i've had it back in the house for the last week or so, ready to go, but when i plugged it in, today, nada... there was no life from the computer display :eek::eek:

anyhow, after taking it apart and looking at all the power connections and opening up the computer panel to check for loose wires or condensation, i finally managed to find an alternat DC power cable (my daughters old laptop cable) and... phew, the thing turned on and i got my first real workout of the year :j
    it was only 15 mins but i thought it was best to start off slow :A
    NDS Feb 2012 - 17/17
    Feb 2012 GC - £97.63/£380
    SPC # 1584 & Frugal Living Challenge 2012
    £2012 in 2012 £120/£2012
    £365 in 365 days 2012 - £56/£365
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 January 2012 at 4:50PM
    Welcome theonlynuttytart, imho the best way to lose is slowly. I've lost 2 stone in a year, it's only half a lb a week which a lot of people would get fed up with, but it's workinmg for me. Hope it does for you too :)

Excellent news Need2bthrifty :T, and well worth a bit of bruising
    7 stones in 17 days - we're brilliant :j. Thank you ragz, for keeping the thread going :D

B - missed
    D - chilli chicken, pilau rice, WW fat free mousse-type pudding
    T - 2 ricecakes with yogurt, 1 with vegemite, 1 with lf philly
    Snacks - fruit
    Exercise 1 hour pulm at class.

Have a good rest of the day. On that note I'm just going to have a late siesta :p
  • Dragoncry
    Dragoncry Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wow 7 stones in 17 days is great !

I am resisiting the urge to weigh myself until Friday on my new scales ;)

Breakfast: dorset cereals muesli + ss milk
    Lunch: thin steak slice, onions, broccoli rissotto , peas and carrots
    Dinner: scotch broth soup, 3 oat crackers with lf philly and a small lf strawb yogurt
    Snacks: 3 small plums
    Drink: water

DC xx
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Intake today:
    b - apple and blueberry oatmeal - 198 calories
    l - 2 waffles (210) yogurt (110) small orange (15) - 335 calories
    s - hula hoops - 95 cals
    t - quiche (410) salad (30) - 440 calories
    Total: 1,068 calories.

Not pleased nor displeased with today. I haven't hit my target for fruit and veg though, so need to look at that again tomorrow. I'm fed up of the food I have in for lunch, but we can't really afford for me to get lots of expensive stuff in at the moment.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • sparrer wrote: »
    Welcome theonlynuttytart, imho the best way to lose is slowly. I've lost 2 stone in a year, it's only half a lb a week which a lot of people would get fed up with, but it's workinmg for me. Hope it does for you too :)

thanks Sparrer!:D

Breakfast: Fruit
    Dinner: Subway (low fat)
    Tea: home made broccoli and cheesy pasta bake

Had a few chocolates from my box of Hotel Chocolat xmas box. A few months ago i might have eaten the whole box! :rotfl:

Keeping up the exercise every other day religiously.

Aiming for moderation approach as if i deny myself and live on salad i start to feel resentful!

Doing so many challenges im starting to feel a little dizzy! :D
    Sealed Pot Member 1269 :D VSP... TO UPDATE!
    No more toiletries challenge..... Making progress! :T
    GROCERY CHALLENGE £100 January 2012 :j
    I MUST RESIST CHOCOLATE! WELL SOME OF IT ANYWAY!
    :EasterBun:EasterBun:EasterBun
  • Thanks LavenderBees, CCP, JBD & Sparrer for your kind words.

I tried to be good today but did revert to a bit of "comfort eating", at least I cant now be tempted by the biscuit tins as they are all empty :D.

B - poached egg on toast
    L - Lentil Soup. Orange
    D - Pork chop & Veg
    Snacks - 4 shortbread triangles, last 2 slices of Christmas cake.

Tomorrows another day and I will be good.
  • Hey everyone :) hope everyone's ok.

Haven't posted for a few days. I started my phased return to work yesterday and it really knocked me out. Because of the hours I'm working it kind of messed up the times I'd normally eat. I didn't get any lunch til 4pm yesterday.

I've been a bit more organised today which has helped :) DH made me up a nice healthy lunch that I could fit in eating at my desk (I know I should get away from office, but I'm only working 4 hours so don't really get proper lunch break).

Feeling much better today. Had hoped to go for a swim after work but didn't really feel like it. Got inspired by you lovely ladies when I got back and read through the posts while I was having my brew so decided to do my fitness dvd :p
    :j

Sealed Pot Challenge #1505

'you wouldn't worry about what people think, if you realised how seldom they do'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure