Experian CreditExpert reclaiming article

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Complete BS.

Take it to the FOS now. They are looking at a lot more than 4 complaints, so that attempt to misdirect you should be reported as well.

Every new complaint the FOS get will help.

Every person must ignore Experian's crude attempt to discourage you from taking it to the FOS.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    myns one, had a reply from the fos saying its fair
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=67771676&postcount=22
    .1xp wrote: »
    I just thought I'd update you all.

My complaint to the Financial Ombudsman had 2 stages.

It was upheld at the 1st stage - Experian rejected the findings.

It then went to the Ombudsman for the final decision and was upheld again.

the Ombudsman advised Experian had to refund all the insurance premiums (additional £5 in the standard membership fee) plus 8% interest - all in all, over £100 back.

Experian have agreed to refund - however, in his letter he does state that they do not agree with his decision and are refunding as a gesture of goodwill.

It's taken a while, but I'm getting the refund of all the premiums I've ever paid to them plus the interest.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    A final ombudsman decision is legally binding on Experian if you accept it, so not entirely a gesture of goodwill.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Hi all,

We're really keen to hear about any responses from the Ombudsman on this so we can make sure our article is up-to-date.

Many thanks,

MSE Rebecca
  • James0101
    James0101 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Newshound!
    I too have a case with the Ombudsman regarding the Experian insurance I paid for almost two years.

Complained to Experian towards the end of Summer last year and basically got fobbed off and was told they were correct and the product was not mis-sold. Off to the Ombudsman I then went...

Anyways, to cut a long story short I received an email from the Ombudsman last week saying the first few complaints regarding the Credit Expert insurance have now been resolved and I should have an update on my case within the next 4 weeks.

Will keep you posted.
  • Mojohobo
    Mojohobo Posts: 5 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Experian wrote to me some time ago rejecting my claim and asking me to await the Ombudsman decision on existing cases.

Having seen somebody got a positive Ombudsman response, I fired off my chaser email to Experian and I am assured they will "review" my case
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    No take it to the FOS NOW.
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • James0101
    James0101 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Newshound!
    Well, I had a call from the Ombudsman today regarding my case.

Experian are apparently now "willing to make an offer of settlement" on my case - and this is before the Ombudsman have investigated it! How their tone has changed eh?! Oh, but the offer is a "goodwill gesture" - how so kind of them!!

Basically offered to refund all of the premiums I have paid plus the 8% per year.

I've accepted this and now have to sign the settlement form from the Ombudsman and return it.

Happy days and good luck to the rest of you pursuing this :beer:
  • Had a call from the Ombudsman yesterday, apparently Experian have offered to settle at £5.00 per month plus 8% annual interest so totalling just over £90 (for me not to take it any further with the ombudsman).

Not too shabby! Just waiting for the forms to accept.

Thanks MSE!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure