Microsoft Office 2010 Discount for UK Armed Forces

Options
I hope someone on here may be able to help. There was a discount available for Microsoft Office Software for members of the UK Armed Forces but I can't seem to find it. Is there one running currently as it appears to be only for US Forces.
Many thanks!

Comments

• Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is a version for UK Forces, it is £8.95, but you need to access it from the intra-net first.

I don't have link at the moment, as I am at home.

It came out in a DIN or RNTM earlier this year.
  • Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    It's through the intranet, so long as you've a DII account, I think. It's called SABS-online Home Use, but I can't remember what that stands for...
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I believe the SABS deal ended in November 2010.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The original thread with the web address is here. Don't know whether it's still running though. If it is still running then it will now be Office 2010 as that's what I got at the end of last year.

As said, you can only get to it from DII or whatever other system you use to access the Defence Intranet.
  • Fergie76
    Options
    I posted the link in post 4. You need to get your Service's Programme code and use your @mod.uk email address.

A link to download Office 10/Mac 11 and your product key will be sent to that address, which you then need to forward to your home computer and download from there.
  • tocsin
    tocsin Posts: 186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 June 2011 at 5:31PM
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    The original thread with the web address is here. Don't know whether it's still running though. If it is still running then it will now be Office 2010 as that's what I got at the end of last year.

As said, you can only get to it from DII or whatever other system you use to access the Defence Intranet.

I'll go with !!!!!! - this link (the one in the linked thread) has been advertised on Service sites in the last few days, and needs to be accessed from a MoD PC. Once registered, everything else can be done from your own PC.

Forgot to add, as well as Office, you can get Project and Visio.
  • System
    Options
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    I posted the link in post 4. You need to get your Service's Programme code and use your @mod.uk email address.

You can't do that because the MoD scheme is contracted through SBL who do not use the home user scheme that you pointed to.

SBL are such a large suppliers of MS products to the Defence and Government markets that they manage the licensing of MS products themselves and provide the downloads
  • Fergie76
    Options
    !!!!!! wrote: »
    You can't do that because the MoD scheme is contracted through SBL who do not use the home user scheme that you pointed to.

SBL are such a large suppliers of MS products to the Defence and Government markets that they manage the licensing of MS products themselves and provide the downloads

You can do it and I done this very thing in December.

As I said in my original post it either came out in an RNTM or DIN, I thought it was the beginning of this year, but in actual fact it must have been the end of last year.

I'm at home at the moment but when I get back to work tomorrow I will post tell you exactly which DIN/RNTM it was.
  • System
    Options
    OK. I don't get to see DINs etc. Not based at an MoD site and only use DII on a needs must basis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure