• newtothis999
    Options
    Sorry, I shouldn't have said court. I do mean Tribunal
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    john240870 wrote: »
    And whats the % of losing everything.:rotfl:

The PIP stats don't say. They just have a number for 'New Decision - Award Changed' . Up or down isn't disclosed as far as I can see.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What evidence did the OP (and others) supply - which was ignored ?
    I will have a letter from my surgeon, my Physio and my GP - When the time comes - will DWP ignore them all ?
    We will have to wait and see .
  • kingfisherblue
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    What evidence did the OP (and others) supply - which was ignored ?
    I will have a letter from my surgeon, my Physio and my GP - When the time comes - will DWP ignore them all ?
    We will have to wait and see .

Unfortunately not everyone has letters to support their claim. My son was diagnosed with hypermobility at age three. Despite being referred to physio on numerous occasions, they always say that there is nothing that they can do, and discharge him - so no physio for us.

My son's surgeon last operated on him several years ago, and none of the operations have been for mobility issues. Another couple of consultants have nothing to do with his mobility either - one actually asked why he was in a wheelchair.

Our GP tends to see my son mainly for chest infections. He sees the wheelchair but has never mentioned it.

I think that part of the problem we may face is that my son can and does walk - but he struggles to keep up, has to stop frequently because of pain, and becomes breathless very easily. He has been struggling recently because he has to walk some distance from the car park into his new college, so he is in a lot of pain and is exhausted. Fortunately, SEN transport have now agreed that his wheelchair can be taken in each day on the special needs bus that takes him/brings him home. This will make a big difference to his health and wellbeing.

So for some people who struggle with mobility issues, there isn't necessarily any additional evidence to send in.
  • newtothis999
    Options
    Just an update

The MR was usuccessful so I am now waiting to go to tribunal.

Unfortunately regarding evidence, as I am suffering from chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia these are basically problems with the nervous system. All x rays show as 'normal' apart from things such as scoliosis, general wear and tear etc.. There are no actual xrays, scans etc which highlight this problem. So all I have to go on is my word!!!

My doc has written, I have my prescriptions, appointment letters etc. I have a detailed letter from an orthapaedic surgeon outlining all abnormalities but this is from 1998!!!

Its all very frustrating.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just an update

The MR was usuccessful so I am now waiting to go to tribunal.

Unfortunately regarding evidence, as I am suffering from chronic pain syndrome and fibromyalgia these are basically problems with the nervous system. All x rays show as 'normal' apart from things such as scoliosis, general wear and tear etc.. There are no actual xrays, scans etc which highlight this problem. So all I have to go on is my word!!!

My doc has written, I have my prescriptions, appointment letters etc. I have a detailed letter from an orthapaedic surgeon outlining all abnormalities but this is from 1998!!!

Its all very frustrating.
    Future appointment letters are not classed as evidence. A letter from someone that knows you well, a diary written by yourself, Consutlant letters, such as pain clinics, Occupational Therpist letters confirming all aids and adaptions, anything like this.

I have fibro, along with other conditions. For my PIP i gave all of the above plus medication print out list. You can ask your GP if he/she has anything in your medical records you can use. There maybe a charge for this.

You can use the letter from 1998 BUT you'll need other evidence to prove that those conditions in the letter still exist.

You don't have to send the evidence to the Tribunal straight away. As long as it arrives there at least 1 week before the hearing then that's fine. Tribunal backlogs are huge right accross the country, with some people waiting as long as 10 months for a date. So, you have plenty of time to gather the evidence you need. Good luck.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Future appointment letters are not classed as evidence. A letter from someone that knows you well, a diary written by yourself, Consutlant letters, such as pain clinics, Occupational Therpist letters confirming all aids and adaptions, anything like this.

I have fibro, along with other conditions. For my PIP i gave all of the above plus medication print out list. You can ask your GP if he/she has anything in your medical records you can use. There maybe a charge for this.

You can use the letter from 1998 BUT you'll need other evidence to prove that those conditions in the letter still exist.

You don't have to send the evidence to the Tribunal straight away. As long as it arrives there at least 1 week before the hearing then that's fine. Tribunal backlogs are huge right accross the country, with some people waiting as long as 10 months for a date. So, you have plenty of time to gather the evidence you need. Good luck.
    I would also mention that in completing a diary and/or a letter from someone that knows you well the weight given to them as evidence is less than if it was a GP writing a comprehensive report. OT statements confirming what aids are being used may suggest that there were difficulties. The report would be better if not withstanding those aids, the difficulties still exist. Otherwise it could be assumed that with those aids being used the problems have been largely resolved. Thankfully you qualify the fact that a report more than 24 months old should be sent with a current report stating that the old report is as valid today as it was when it was written. Without that additional supporting information the Tribunal could well assume that over the time the difficulties could well have been resolved.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    I would also mention that in completing a diary and/or a letter from someone that knows you well the weight given to them as evidence is less than if it was a GP writing a comprehensive report. OT statements confirming what aids are being used may suggest that there were difficulties. The report would be better if not withstanding those aids, the difficulties still exist. Otherwise it could be assumed that with those aids being used the problems have been largely resolved. Thankfully you qualify the fact that a report more than 24 months old should be sent with a current report stating that the old report is as valid today as it was when it was written. Without that additional supporting information the Tribunal could well assume that over the time the difficulties could well have been resolved.
    This goes to prove that you have no idea what you're taliking about. If a person uses aids in the home and they have proof of this, this would score the person points.

If you can't give the correct advice i suggest you stop advicing, as we all suggested this to you many months ago......
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck at tribunal. I had lots of letters from gp, reports from MS nurse and Neuro and evidence to say i couldn't walk more than 20 metres... i lost at tribunal :(
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2018 at 8:51PM
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    This goes to prove that you have no idea what you're taliking about. If a person uses aids in the home and they have proof of this, this would score the person points.

If you can't give the correct advice i suggest you stop advicing, as we all suggested this to you many months ago......

Nobody has ever suggested that I do not post. Where When??
    Anyhow to answer your post, I am amazed that you say that if there is evidence of aids being used then points would be scored.
    I am deaf in both ears and sometimes don't use the aids because they irritate me. does that mean I would not get the points? Likewise someone who has a zimmer frame, two hearing aids etc etc with photos of them in use should get them on the basis that they have them?
    Points do not come your way because you have them (if that was the case Ebay would be doing a roaring trade).
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-ZIMMER-FRAME-WALKING-AID-WITH-FRONT-WHEELS/282851034569?hash=item41db3c45c9:g:whQAAOSwzRpaMR2I

Points are awarded if the aids have been properly prescribed AND there is evidence to show (maybe an OT assessment) that they are required. The important point is that having them means nothing, having to have them together with proper evidence is the key.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure