DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,848 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Sadsecret wrote: »
    Thank you so much, that's reassuring, I have read it 10 times with phone in hand wondering whether to call them! I guess I just await the default now :(

Yes its a standard letter, if you call them, they will tell you much the same thing as i have.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • MK-4
    MK-4 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Finally getting letters out to creditors and direct debits cancelled.

What happens with creating an emergency fund - can this be put into a savings account and will the savings account be visible to any creditors?
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MK-4 wrote: »
    Finally getting letters out to creditors and direct debits cancelled.

What happens with creating an emergency fund - can this be put into a savings account and will the savings account be visible to any creditors?

Savings accounts do not show on credit reports..... feel free to save away :T
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • MK-4
    MK-4 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Savings accounts do not show on credit reports..... feel free to save away :T

Thanks January, have just created a savings account, online, with my new bank.
    It's a little embarrassing at my age not to have any savings.
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

I never had savings until after I started my DMP. Well, I had odd bits now and again - but never for long, so they couldn't really be called savings.

I had lots of credit accounts though :o
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • selinek
    selinek Posts: 71 Forumite
    sourcrates wrote: »
    If they issue a claim form you have a defense if its unenforceable.

Have you told them you consider it to be unenforceable, if not you maybe should do so.

Sound advice as usual, thanks sourcrates
  • I never had savings until after I started my DMP. Well, I had odd bits now and again - but never for long, so they couldn't really be called savings.

Snap! That could be me talking, January:o
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I never had savings until after I started my DMP. Well, I had odd bits now and again - but never for long, so they couldn't really be called savings.

Snap! That could be me talking, January:o

Ditto :o
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

We were the same....I was 57 when we started DMP....OH is younger though.....and we never had savings at all.:o
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Arrow global marking DM since 2016.
    Forgot which step change this dmp account is for.
    Of all my dmp debts,this is only one call credit are marking as DM.
    Is it true that this will be marked DM after the debt has been paid(2-3yrs from now then +6 yrs)
    Just wondered as it would have been nice if DM markers dropped soon after debt is re paid.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure