Barclaycard- no transfer offers?

Comments

• Barclaycard are still giving me BT and MT offers every month.

However I used to be offered BT's with a 0.9% fee. But for the last few months they have been with a 2.9% fee.

I would be interested to know whether others are finding their BT fee has increased, or is it just me?
  • I just wanted a cash transfer and logged on to find that I don't have any offers at the moment. Damn, I thought. I was hoping to use some money for a car. So I rang them up, and hey presto, the lady on the phone suddenly discovered an offer for me which she could sort out over the phone. Problem solved. Previously had no balance on my card, had an offer the previous month (when there was a balance on my card) but nothing this month until I rang them.
  • Javens
    Javens Posts: 49 Forumite
    I just phoned them to cancel my Platinum Travel Card, as I do not use it much and have a £5k limit on my credit rating.

Given 0% on purchases for 12 months and £20 to keep it open...
  • I have noticed that for the first time I can remember that I have no balance transfer offers from Barclaycard
    I could really do with one come the end of the month. Might give them a call as someone has suggested. Will let you know how it goes
  • I have ended up with two Platinum Barclaycards with £25k credit between them and only £750 on one, but no BT offers have been sent in months that I can recall. I used to be deluged with offers...
    Today I checked online and not seeing any offers couldn't quite believe this was true, so phoned to ask and was told there were no offers available for my account - maddening and inexplicable. The person I spoke to said perhaps there would be some next month.
    If I can't occasionally transfer a balance I will definitely think about closing one of the accounts as there seems no point in keeping these cards with higher interest rates than most if there are no interest-free spells.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just checked online and initially thought the same, seems they changed the page a bit.

The main page was blank but is a "straight to your offers" button.

I clicked it and have these offers for BT.

0% interest until 1 June 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    0% interest until 1 July 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    6.9% interest until paid in full - 2.9% fee applies

For money transfer

0% interest until 1 January 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
  • Definitely no offers for my account I've been told by customer services this morning - they phoned me back as I said I wanted to query / complain about not being able to do a balance transfer, but nothing has changed. Apparently there is nothing wrong with the way I run my account, it is paid off in full, I never miss a payment and have had the card over 30 years - but still no BT offers.
    Any thoughts anyone? Feel inclined to cancel the card but as I've just moved and may need the 13k spare capacity for building work etc that feels like shooting myself in the foot.
  • maxximus75
    maxximus75 Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I have the same issue with no offers. I used to get them all of the time but nothing for the past year.

Just keep the account open and apply for a different card with another lender.

Remember to use it to pay for something every couple of months and set up full payment by direct debit to keep it active.
  • flower77g
    flower77g Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I see offers but worse than Chrysalis

For BT

0% interest until 30 April 2019 - 1.9% fee applies
    6.9% interest until paid in full - 2.9% fee applies

No MT
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 April 2018 at 10:01AM
    My card has a balance of £16, but it was only cleared back in January, thats the only insight I can offer into my usage of the card, I have never taken up any of the previous BT offers other than the signup deal. It is used still to pay for my uber taxi journeys as I was too lazy to change the payment card on the uber app. Direct Debit is set to make full payment each month.

I do have other 0% cards and apply for new ones every 12-24 months, if Barclaycard know this they know I have other 0% options which may be a factor as well.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback