Worst Christmas Present

2»

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    cardigan from my MIL 3 sizes too small, cotton, short sleeved and beige! Also it stank to high heaven of smoke like she had stood and smoked 12 packs right over it (urgh!)

Returned it to sainsburys and it had been a total cost £2.28 in the sale
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,147
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I remember as a child some of the awful 'family presents' my maternal grandmother gave us (mum, dad and us three boys). I think the worst year was when she gave us this pressed metal tray and five smoked glass cups (not even wrapped). Each item still had the price sticker on; 15p for the tray and 5p each for the cups. My mother, as usual, had bought her something quite nice but refused to give it to her that year.
  • A four way scart lead.
  • When I was 15 my Aunt bought me lime green knitted stockings which were too long. think she forgot I'm only 5ft tall now.
  • grunnie
    grunnie Posts: 1,789
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I have a severe allergy to almonds and got an expensive box of chocs and a tin of biscuits all you guessed it with almonds clearly marked on the front. ( That was from 2 daughters' in law) maybe they are trying to kill me off. ;)
    Will pass them on to my friends group when we have a swap of the xmas gifts we don't need or like.
  • I'd be quite pleased with slippers - I need new ones - or a 4 way scart lead.

Not sure if it was birthday or christmas but Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories was not what I ever wanted.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Had mentioned to my ex at some point that I used to play piano. So he went and bought a keyboard for me for Xmas. (Not a cheap one either..) I kept the keyboard collecting dust in my cupboard and after we split sold it very cheaply for someone whose 8-yr old daughter was learning to play.

Another ex bought me perfume, or so he thought - it was "for him" version... Gave it to my brother :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure