Opticians

2»

Comments

• Shame on me, few days ago I was trying to buy new frames, but all the frames which opticians showed me were awful.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Urvasi wrote: »
    I recently used a company to get my frames reglazed cost £40 and was done within a week. Excellent service and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to avoid being ripped off by opticians trying to charge for new frames search for ciliary blue and you will find them - excellent.

This firm seems to be in Administration. Hmmm....?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07689992
  • MariaJP
    MariaJP Posts: 14 Forumite
    Opticians, a Health Care Professionals, not working for the benefit of people but running for-profit-only businesses! Is this what we really want in the 21st century - our civilisation to take a big step Backwards! Are you actually looking forward to being mercilessly exploited by the people who are trained to care, and should be dedicated to caring?
    Kind regards,
    Maria
  • Why didn't you shop around? You aren't forced to buy them from one place?
  • Should've shopped around I'm afraid. Perhaps it depends on the company, but I used to work in admin for a well known high street optician and whenever a customer mentioned on the phone that they wanted existing frames reglazed we were always to advise them that a whole new pair of specs would be cheaper. It always pays to look at all the frames instore before choosing too, as they usually start from £25 in the cheapest range and some, particularly men's, are virtually identical to the pricier ones, just without the label/brand name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure