Revolut pre-paid Mastercard

Comments

• new fair usage policy from feb 5th

£200 or eqiu. per month out of the atm
    then 2% fee after that

down from £500

as per the website - which i can't link to!

disappointing!
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    new fair usage policy from feb 5th

then 2% fee after that

down from £500

disappointing!

It was good while it lasted, maybe back to the Halifax clarity card perhaps
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    new fair usage policy from feb 5th

then 2% fee after that

down from £500

disappointing!

Thats rubbish, I will ditch it and go back to Clarity and PO CC
  • csgohan4
    photome wrote: »
    Thats rubbish, I will ditch it and go back to Clarity and PO CC

What's PO CC?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Elahidavid wrote: »
    When revolut will return money from the account?
    In a chat promised to make refund after November, 30th, there has passed a week, but money is not present.
    Are you a non-European user, service terminated? And you did not withdraw your money by the deadline?

If so, what did Revolut chat say, how are they going to refund you, to bank or what?

(If not, what are you talking about?)
    Evolution, not revolution
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    What's PO CC?

Post office credit card.

very similar to the clarity card
  • csgohan4
    photome wrote: »
    Post office credit card.

very similar to the clarity card

2.5% Handling fee for cash withdrawal overseas for post office CC.

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • eDicky wrote: »
    Are you a non-European user, service terminated? And you did not withdraw your money by the deadline?

If so, what did Revolut chat say, how are they going to refund you, to bank or what?

(If not, what are you talking about?)
    Yes, I am a non-European user and thought, that money after November, 30th will return automatically.
    But have not returned yet, can it is necessary wait still?
  • I just want to write a quick post with my experience using Revolut.
    I am based in the U.K. and have used the card for a few weeks. I have made a purchase in US$ on Amazon's US site and paid using Revolut with no fees added. I even had to return the defective item to Amazon and I received a refund to my Revolut US$ wallet with no fees taken (I was amazed!). On a few occasions when the value of Sterling has spiked I have taken the opportunity to transfer funds from my Revolut GBP wallet to the US$ one - this means I'm able to lock in the exchange rate ahead of any purchase (although Sterling could have strengthened further meaning I might miss out a little).
    Alternatively you could just leave the money in your GBP wallet and let Revolut convert to the local currency at the time of the purchase - if it's a major currency your spending in you'll get the spot rate (although take a look at my comment below about transactions on a weekend).
    I have found that I get an EXCELLENT exchange rate when I make a transfer during the working week - the rate is almost exactly the same as the 'spot' FX rate... AMAZING! When I have transferred money from GBP to US$ on a weekend (when markets are basically closed) I don't quite get the spot rate, but it has still been far better than the rate I would have gotten with my bank which charges close to a 3% fee.
    While is Costa Rica I have paid a number of bills in US$ and this has simply been taken from the funds I already transferred to my US$ wallet - with no fees taken - this compares to a 2.75% fee I would have had to pay if I used my normal bank credit or debit card.
    I have also withdrawn local Costa Rican currency (Collon) from a local ATM. As this is not a major currency Revolut isn't able to give me a 'spot' rate but it was still far better than what I would have gotten by using my bank's card and paid their normal fees.
    All in all I have found this to be an excellent addition to my wallet and has already saved my plenty of money. All card have issues from time to time so I suggest you always have a backup card available (e.g. your normal bank credit or debit card) just in case... but I will always use my Revolut card first.
    I realise there is currently a £5000 limit on the amount of cash you can convert each month but this is more than enough for any normal user (if you happen to need to convert £10k into US$ just split it across 2 months!). There is also a £200 limit on the amount of local currency you can withdraw from an ATM without paying the 2% fee. I suggest you withdraw £200 worth of local currency and use this for tips and small purchases and pay all other bills using the Revolut card. Even if you have to withdraw more than £200 worth of local currency a 2% fee is still better than what you'd pay if you used almost any UK bank card.
  • I used a Revolut card last time I was in Canada and had some trouble withdrawing cash at ATMs. Assuming that the ATMs that I visited were simply not supported, does anyone know which bank's ATMs are supported (in Canada specifically)? Thanks kindly for your help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure