MSE News: Apple announces iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus – here's what they'll cost

Comments

• Unfortunately I'll be buying one! Although not decided whether to buy it outright or to do the iPhone purchase plan
  • Yeah I'm getting one too but unsure about payment plan vs paying outright. From what i can tell there are 2 options if paying with instalments:

1) Upgrade programme
    2) iPhone Payments

Both are 0% interest, both split the price over 20 months. The only difference so far as I can tell is that Upgrade programme REQUIRES you to buy AppleCare+ (which I don't really want)

The upside is that after 11 repayments you can upgrade tot he latest iPhone and the plan resets (I assume you return the phone?). If you choose not to, you just continue to the end of the plan (20 months) and keep the phone.

The 'iPhone Payments' plan to me seems like a no-brainer - 0% over 20 months - why not?
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    the_gaffa wrote: »
    Yeah I'm getting one too but unsure about payment plan vs paying outright. From what i can tell there are 2 options if paying with instalments:

1) Upgrade programme
    2) iPhone Payments

Both are 0% interest, both split the price over 20 months. The only difference so far as I can tell is that Upgrade programme REQUIRES you to buy AppleCare+ (which I don't really want)

The upside is that after 11 repayments you can upgrade tot he latest iPhone and the plan resets (I assume you return the phone?). If you choose not to, you just continue to the end of the plan (20 months) and keep the phone.

The 'iPhone Payments' plan to me seems like a no-brainer - 0% over 20 months - why not?

You can opt out of purchasing Apple Care with the Upgrade Program but your payment plan runs for the full 20 months then (unless you settle the loan early).

You are right in assuming to upgrade in month 11 that the handset needs to be returned to Apple.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    The new Lightning connected earphones are included.

The adaptor is also included with every iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. No separate purchase necessary.

Until the adaptor breaks or is misplaced, when you will be forking out some extra money for a 'licensed' replacement. As Apple will probably make sure any unlicensed products won't work properly with their lightning socket

But then again Uncle Apple knows best, such as the 'quality' of the standard earphones on a regular model being worse than the quality from a £1 pair of earphones from Poundland, leaking more than a block of Swiss Cheese used as flood defence :rotfl:
  • applepad
    applepad Posts: 383
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Ok so it's ready to pre order at the Apple Store, but when do you think John Lewis or Giff Gaff will get some stock?

I have a 4s which I have had for 5 years and it's not happy, so need to get a new phone soon.
  • Has anyone successfully been approved for the loan through the Apple store? The MSE article indicated that they would update it when they understood what the lending criteria is....but haven't seen an update on this mater yet.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    applepad wrote: »
    Ok so it's ready to pre order at the Apple Store, but when do you think John Lewis or Giff Gaff will get some stock?

I have a 4s which I have had for 5 years and it's not happy, so need to get a new phone soon.

Have a look an the SE
  • I got my 7 from JL no probs. It depends what model you want but I've found JL have better stocks.
  • iPhone lovers look very satisfied and happy with new features in iPhone 7 but still few people in different countries facing issue of overheating in latest models. Hope Apple ready to take new challenges and try to sort out this problem soon.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,922
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ryanflynn wrote: »
    iPhone lovers look very satisfied and happy with new features in iPhone 7 but still few people in different countries facing issue of overheating in latest models. Hope Apple ready to take new challenges and try to sort out this problem soon.

You might want to remove your full home address from your profile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure