Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Yes it's payback because the changes in his hours etc meant changes to benefits and so they have to repay.
    I am not sure if DS is classed as self employed I think that he is employed but on zero hours contract, and money paid was based on three payslips last year, which were in the summer when paintball is more popular.
    Once he gets a p60 we should be able to get any changes sorted for the future.
    Briefly the GF worked last year in the pub but the pub didn't pay her due to money problems and she needs to take them to court to get her money. I suppose that will be something else to tackle later, for now it's keeping the roof over their heads if possible.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • The problem with providing a P60 when it has been received is that if the change is in DS' favour (ie he earned less than they think and will get more benefit) then they only go back 1 month whereas if he earned more than they think (and would have got less benefit) then they can back to April 2016.

If his wages vary weekly/monthly he needs to be taking his payslips in every week/month so it is completely up to date - he could still pay £60 per week and then hopefully they would make a bigger dent in the arrears.

Not sure if his local council allow wage slips to be emailed in or uploaded on their website - my local one does which makes life so much easier for people who cannot make it into their office during their opening hours.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Thanks EE. I will enquire with DS on Monday.
    So basically if he gives them his payslip each month they will make adjustments on his benefits claim each time if it's necessary,
    What about the tax credits would that be similar
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Yes to Housing/Council Tax Benefit.

Tax Credits won't change until after their review which is May/June each year. Hopefully he gave them a realistic figure of what he was going to earn for the year and didn't assume work every weekend.
    If you check what figure Tax Credits are using for last financial year and this financial year and then check against his year to date figure on his payslip and estimate what he will earn between now and 5/4/17 and if significantly different to let Tax Credits know but if only £2,000 difference then not to worry as Tax Credits will be roughly the same.

If you aren't sure give me a PM or text and I can talk you through it once you have figures in front of you.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Yes to Housing/Council Tax Benefit.

Tax Credits won't change until after their review which is May/June each year. Hopefully he gave them a realistic figure of what he was going to earn for the year and didn't assume work every weekend.
    If you check what figure Tax Credits are using for last financial year and this financial year and then check against his year to date figure on his payslip and estimate what he will earn between now and 5/4/17 and if significantly different to let Tax Credits know but if only £2,000 difference then not to worry as Tax Credits will be roughly the
    If you aren't sure give me a PM or text and I can talk you through it once you have figures in front of you.

Thanks EE I will get on the case this week.
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Mooloo,

The disregard is £2500, for increases on income and going down. Has he been averaging 24 hours a week, as he needs to for wtc. He only needs to inform tax credits if his income changes by the above or he's not meeting 24 hours a week as he has a a partner and baby. The 24 hours is over so many weeks I think, it's confusing !!.

He should provide the council with his wage slips as he receives them.

Well done helping and guiding them, you're doing the right thing.

Good vibes for next weeks takings Xx.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Apparently paperwork from the courts have arrived so I am going to try and go to see them sometime tomorrow and sit with them while they call the necessary people
    Sometimes he gets 24 hours sometimes only 10-12
    It definitely is irratic. This week he has had 3 days as had an extra on Thursday I think it was as the guns needed the winter cartridges all changing, what ever that means. All Greek to me.
    Biggest collected him and took him back again today.
    I am not very well and stayed home inbed yesterday evening. I should have been going to two different parties from 2-5 and 7pm-,but I decided my bed was the only place I was going.
    I am not going to go to oxford today either. I am still tucked up in bed, with a cup of tea curtesy of my travel kettle and dgd has just made me some rather soggy toast!
    I am staying at home today and dosing myself on paracetamol as I have to go to work tomorrow and sort out DS etc.
  • How long have DS and GF lived in their property?

If over a year then providing they can convince the court that they can afford to live there and will keep up with payments there is no reason why the judge would not grant a Suspended Possession Order on terms.

Obviously once they have a court order hanging over them they cannot miss any payments otherwise the HA can apply for eviction.

Hope you feel better soon Mooloo, rest and hot drinks are the way forward - good idea not to travel to Oxford today.
    Glad DGD can help look after you!!!
  • Savvy_sewing
    They got the place about March 2015 a few days before the baby was born. He will be 2 in April.
    I will go and see them tomorrow and start making phone calls etc.
    I have a rough idea of their income and outgoings, now so I will draw up a budget and write them a debt plan etc.
    If the housing will listen, and we can stop the court case and it's costs would be better. I have not seen the court papers yet, the Housing letter said 14th March. So I thought we had time to speak to them and explain the problem and to investigate if they are getting the right hb etc etc.
    I can't do anything today and I don't have the energy to either.
    Although I am frustrated with them for letting it go so far my thoughts are with the hundreds of others that probably have the same issues going on in their lives and don't have any clue what to do.
    Not that I can help anyone at the moment, but I wonder what information is out there for them that perhaps people like their housing officer could have pointed them to etc. Although DS said he didn't even know who his housing officer was. Mind you neither do I.
    I have an email from the housing telling us that they have budgeting courses and menu planning etc so I am going to follow up on them myself and see if I can get DS to go
  • Savvy_sewing
    I am hoping that I will be better tomorrow. I haven't done very much today except sniff and sneeze. Dgd wanted noodles for lunch so that helped.
    I tried writing my thoughts and ideas for action in my diary but I was going round in circles and just couldn't come up with any ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure