PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done on letting go of the dress Kitkatmum - how about you turn keeping the necklace into a success by wearing it whether the occasion warrants it or not OR arrange to do something that does warrant it? :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • somerandom
    somerandom wrote: »
    160. Old worn out purse

All to CS

161. Onesie
    162. hat
    163. T.shirt
    164. scarf
    165. hoodie
    166. Children's binoculars
    167. Filing box full of bits & bobs
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    This afternoon I did a quick gather-up of stuff for charity (mostly left sitting around after sorting out airing cupboard yesterday.).I didn't manage to get to the charity shop before it closed,but I will still list everything that is nearly out of my life :D:
    396-397: 2 jumpers
    398:mattress protector
    399-400:2 pillow protectors
    401:Peppa Pig blanket
    402:dog paw design blanket
    403:fitted sheet
    404-407:double duvet covers
    408-410:duvet cover and matching pillow cases
    411:double fleece sheet

And for the rag bag:
    412:double duvet cover
    413:towel
    414:fitted double sheet
    415-416:2 pairs underpants
    417-421.5 :D five-and-a-half pairs of worn out socks.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Where has everybody gone???
    While I was sitting at the kitchen table,planning my day and chatting with 2 of my kids,I thought I would have a quick sort through my cookbooks,which are very visible,but rarely used:

Recycled:
    422:weaning booklet that came free with a parenting magazine when my nearly15yo was a baby :eek:.
    423-430:8 more recipe books,donated to charity shop

I also found another slow cooker recipe book which I must have missed when a lady bought a SC from me a couple of weeks ago.I gave her what I thought were all the SC recipe books I had,so I will PM her lter and ask if she would like this one to go with the others.Apparently she doesn't live far from here,so I could drop it in for her.

Just writing this post has inspired me to find something else to declutte.Off to see what I can find...........
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• somerandom
    somerandom wrote: »
    All to CS
    166. Children's binoculars
    167. Filing box full of bits & bobs

168. dead tights - bin
    169. hoodie
    170. nightie

I had a day off today and thought I would do so much. Unfortunately the combination of accumulated tiredness and reduction of caffeine intake meant i spent most of the afternoon in a deep sleep. My big achievement of the day was that all things destined for charity shop have now been taken there :A
  • I'm still here :hello:

I did a whoopsie and pulled a pair of black skinny jeans back out from the charity shop bags :rotfl: They will do me for work :o

Found a fajita kit in the back of the cupboard and a small 2 pack of chicken breasts in the freezer so that's the bf and i sorted for dinner tonight and used some supplies that were seemingly forgotten about!

Also got some chopped bacon out of the freezer and we have one block of pastry left over from the homemade pasties mum made the other day so we are going to use those 2 items(along with eggs) for mum to make her signature egg and bacon pie :D

Got a box of trifle sponges leftover from something my brothers gf attempted a few months ago(NOT a trifle!) but just need jelly and angel delight(got some loose change somewhere so will nip out for said items in the morning) and will make a 'proper' trifle for dessert after our roast pork tomorrow :o
  • Seaotter
    Seaotter Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My half hour of decluttering on Thursday led to a whole load of stuff going out, all paperwork. I didn't count it, but I'll call it 10 which is a very low estimate! I failed to declutter on Friday (there was genuinely no spare time until 11.30 and I was feeling really run down with my cold) but I did do a lot of tidying today. Some of it was invisible really - I kondo'd a few things off my to do list - but this is what I wrote down.

155 old expense receipts
    156 c15 bits of paperwork
    171 three pairs of socks to CS

New total 173
    Declutter our home in 2024
    Lose weight in 2024
  • skint_chick
    skint_chick Posts: 872 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Out: pack of nori seaweed that went out of date last June (after I'd eaten 2 sheets without realising!)
    6 storage boxes with nothing in them - CS
    coat with sleeve that rabbit chewed - bin
    3 old king sized fitted sheets - replaced with 2 new ones on sale in Ikea for £4 each
    4 pictures from my cupboard of 'spares' that I never really liked and didn't want to hang up - CS
    spare piece of kitchen kick board - not needed in 10yrs - recycling skip
    2 old filing folders - my new Ikea desk has hanging files for paperwork - bin
    3 old painting tops - I painted the bathroom floor with chalk paint this morning and decided I only need one painting top and one DIY top - bin

The house is really starting to look different, the massive pile of stuff to eBay will be getting more attention later, 4 bin liners of photos for my GCSE photography, old papers, old stationery items like broken pens also went to the skip. One of the bin liners broke and the men who work there came to my rescue. They were looking at the photos as they picked them up and asked if they could keep them as they were too good for the skip (they were framed in cardboard frames) so I said OK. They were mostly photos of graves that I took for my GCSE project and I really liked them but thought it was a bit weird putting them up in the house. So now my photos will be decorating the recycling centre hut!
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better." Paul Theroux
  • purplevamp
    purplevamp Posts: 10,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 March 2017 at 3:28PM
    Where has everybody gone???

I'm still here but haven't done much decluttering :o Everyone else seems to be doing really well. Keep it up :T

[STRIKE]I've sold something on Amazon but will add that later when I've got more things to write about...:cool:[/STRIKE]

I did manage to put up an old kitchen worktop in my tumble dryer corner (well, DH did most of it!). When we moved into our house this was where an undercounter fridge was meant to go but as we have a huge American fridge freezer, we took this off and popped it in the shed. That was 13 years ago!! It's taken us that long to put it to good use. Now the recycling boxes are on top of the unit rather than directly on the tumble dryer.

I put some things on ebay yesterday but I've still got lots of boxes to go through and photograph and write up.

I promise I will try harder.

Actually, I'll add it now incase I forget:-
    purplevamp wrote: »
    54-57) 4 large cardboard boxes/packaging
    48-49) ebay sales
    49) big bag of recycling from DD's room
    50) plastic packaging from DS2's room
    51) Amazon sale :rotfl:
    Mortgage: Was: £154,495 Oct 2039
    Now: £92,275.21 Jul 2037
    Swagbucks ~ £100 (2023 ~ £355)
    Surveys ~ £79.56 (2023 ~ £344.20)
    Make £2024 in 2024 #35 ~ £246.61 ~ (2023 ~ £2,224.70)
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just thought I'd bob in before I tackle the to do list and my allotted declutter time. I am hoping to put things on ebay later.

I am loving the light airy feel that i am starting to get in the house and that by having an achievable and realistic time dedicated to decluttering that I am actually sticking to it. Long may it last!
    Go get it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport