Would the CSA take my heavy goods?

13»

Comments

• Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Thanks for the clarification. My point about saving up for legal fees was, in this case, solely aimed at the OP, who reckons he pays around £1000 a month on tax - by my calculations meaning he earns around £60k per year. That's a nice chunk of money to find savings to pay for a solicitor. I reckon he could ask a reasonable solicitor to allow him to pay as the case develops - that is what mine did, and when money was tight we just slowed down a bit.

To be honest, by his attitude I think there's a lot more going on in the background - it's very easy to say I'm not paying because I don't see the child, but if he hasn't shown any demonstrable interest for a while then a court won't particularly be interested in his protest of 'my child'.

Most reasonable mothers wouldn't stop their ex's from seeing the children unless there are issues, such as failing to turn up, being abusive, etc etc. In fact it's a bit of a nice little rest if the children go to dad's for the weekend!
  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417
    I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    This is an area where an NRP should have the right to find out this information I think as it stops fraudulent payments.

Perhaps try writing to child benefit offices stating why you think it may have stopped , the child working or not in full time education perhaps. Whilst they may not supply you with the information they may investigate. You could also ask them to inform CMS if it has indeed stopped.

I don't know how and when CB informs CMS of child benefit ceasing and how quickly CMS act on this information.
  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417
    I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Whoops. Read two posts answered wrong one lol!

Sorry.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite

3 kids 3 dads

It sounds like you've got 3 kids with 2 mums. Double standard?

The fact that you've got all irate and started swearing just here on an anonymous forum makes me wonder what your temper is like in real life.

Pay for your children, you owe them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport