PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2017 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    @Bugslet Thanks for pointer to YouTube - just had a quick look - that is sooooo empty!!

I've reduced the amount of stuff I own loads over the last few years - but a reading book like "Goodbye Things" reminds me I still have so much more than I need. I don't think I'd like to go as far as him though. :rotfl: I agree, i wouldn't like to go down the super-minimalist route re: clothes - I like a bit of variety. :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Well it just got to that time of the evening where i go and do my teeth, face etc. and i was thinking:

I have decided that i will put all the new avon bits I've acquired plus my current nearly used up products all in the same basket that lives in the bathroom and i shall just use whichever i feel like using each time i go to the bathroom to follow my routine :o

I will most probably go hammer and tongs at the avon stuff for now as it's something shiny and new and exciting :rotfl:
  • KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    A few more bits gone...

736. Sticker sheet
    737.-743 Baby clothes
    744. Cuddly toy
    745. Trousers
    746. DVD box set
    747. dress

Not getting as much done as I had hoped so far, will try to push on tomorrow
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    I used to do a lot of belly dancing, even did a bit professionally, but I didn't have time or energy for a few years when Mr Bugs was ill and I've just cut back my stuff by about a quarter. One professional outfit left and about 15 hip belts. There's a zumba class somewhere that will have a surprise if they visit a charity shop!

I'm also blocking a hat at the minute and think it will be the penultimate one I do, you need so much stuff for millinery, blocks, straw and felt hoods, rolls of sinamay, linings, stiffeners, petersham and trim by the ton; suspect my old millinery teacher will get some freebies.

Is this the polar opposite of the preppers thread:D
  • eandjsmum
    eandjsmum Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    eandjsmum wrote: »
    Have 4 day weekend , have asked oh to sort out his side of the bedroom- Before I do it for him:mad:. He is a hoarder. TO be fair to him This I think is learnt behaviour His parents house is cluttered they are not too big on housework, also another relative f his house is like hoarder next door programme. Sometimes I sneak things of his out when he is not looking.:rotfl:

Hopefully I will have a positive report this weekend.
    So far 1 holey Jumper and 2 pairs of ripped jeans. Oh well that's a start.
  • bugslet
    eandjsmum wrote: »
    So far 1 holey Jumper and 2 pairs of ripped jeans. Oh well that's a start.

Can you not 'lose' things?;)
  • 11 - 14 past their best cosmetics
    15 - 16 hair products, persevered with for a while but not right for me
    17 - 19 old shoes - destined for charity shop
    20 - 25 books
    26 boot scraper, broken.
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2017 at 10:55PM
    somerandom wrote: »
    274. TV
    275. Basket
    276. Radio
    277. Wooden bed frame

278. Watch
    279. shorts
    280 - 298 - various bits of "treasure" from DS' room - with his permission
    299. Bangle
    300-302 - some shiny clothes that I used to wear for a retro disco that I no longer go to
    303 Humungous bag of lego
    304. Tote bag
    305 &6 - 2 x earrings
    307 - computer wires
    308- manuals
    309 - gorgeous kitten heels worn once - over 6 years ago.
    310 - evening bag
    311 - Eve sandals
    312 & 3 - 2 x bolster covers for long gone bolster
    314 Bag
    315 & 6 - 2x shrugs
    317 - earrings
    322 - 5 x brochures

I've found it a bit more of a slog today. I'm constantly surprised by what things are hard to part with - normally has very little to do with value - more to do with emotional associations and accepting that I don't lead that lifestyle anymore (or maybe I never actually did!!).
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • bugslet
    Like the retro disco:D?

Seriously I know what you mean, it's that I will fit in to this, I will do this again and its a loss to know that things are gone. I try to think rationally and ask myself exactly when I will use it/wear it. The answer is I'm not.
  • So I have finally got around to taking a picture of and listing on the fb selling sites the bags of stuff we have for sale that I moved altogether into the shed back along :D

The various car boots in the area started this weekend so hopefully they will sell quickly as from this weekend onwards all the car boots around here are typically on every week :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure