Trying to get on track

Comments

• well, the counseling sessions are over. i'm not convinced that it was exactly what i needed (the type not the counseling in general) but it absolutely did no harm and since my anti depressants have halved in strength since i started, it appears to have done some good.

things have stabilised between me and oh but there's still work to be done there. he does put up with a lot between my work hours, the fallout from these, my moods and the relationship with his holier than thou parents. things with my mother are as always. she's 86 and won't be changing just for me so i'm trying to just accept that.

i've realised that being around my family isn't always good for me and yet i tend to be pushed into their company when times are stressful. now, i try to deal with the situations while minimising time with them. not ideal but better than me getting twice as stressed and sabotaging my health by hitting the sugar.

incrementally (v small increments), things health and activity wise are improving. small mindset changes and hopefully I'll be around for long enough, for these to have big benefits.

i'm still going on with the couch to 5k but think i've missed too much for the grand finale on 19th November. i'm gonna stick at it for now and see what happens.

yesterday i did a drop off at the charity shop, today OH listed 2 items on ebay and 1 already has a bid. today i discovered my ability to redeem soup is still in place. i made a vegetable broth so lacking in favour, it could have featured on a set christmas dinner menu in any down at heel pub. still, it's now edible and veg that was on the turn has been used.

so, this evening i am grateful for
    nourishing soup
    general wellbeing for me and mine
    being able to see that even when thing look (or taste) disastrous, there can be something good to be redeemed
    the inventor of worcester sauce!
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good & positive :)
    & not smug at all.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Boundaries are good. Set them and expect people to respect them. You know that it'll be beneficial for all in the long term. It's good to know where you stand with people, because their boundaries are clearly defined. Even children inately recognise that.

You have a handle on your finances. Your hand is firmly on the tiller, charting your course. You have granted yourself capacity through your endeavours. This is a long way towards granting peace of mind, and you have the tools at hand to cope with inevitable blips. Bravo :T

Incremental improvement is good. Incremental improvement is sustainable. Incremental improvement is living your life.

You're not coming across as smug at all. You're taking the time to celebrate the small wins and showing graciousness to boot. All good :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Thanks to all who visited, commented and endured. Yesterday was a spendy day. I was off work as dd had a hospital appointment. A good outcome as she is to get the surgery she needs. We celebrated by going for brunch and I spent the afternoon with a friend with a new baby. She looks sleep deprived but incredibly happy and baby is doing well.

Also my overseas sis phoned yesterday evening which was good. She's coming home in a month's time. And, I went to jog club. I can't keep up with the jogging interval but I walked for 40 mins so I'm not beating myself up about it.
    Today I'm in the office but in dublin wed and Thursday. I've lots of admin to get on top of including expenses claims though it'll be the end of November before I see those. Still, it's not a bad time to have a bit of extra cash.
    Anyhow, need to get a wiggle on. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • You're doing really well.

Glad the counselling did help.
  • Thanks purplemum, isn't it so easy to lose sight of progress when it's your own. Today I have meetings in dublin and all I want to do is remain under the covers where it's snug and warm. We had a really wintery night last night and the trees in the street now only have token leaves clinging to them. Am due at jog club tonight and am determined to get there irrespective of the weather. We're at week seven of. Ten week program and while I'm lagging behind, I'm still trying for the 5k by 19th nov. It'd be great to have one positive achievement this year. However, my dodgey knee is making itself felt but fingers crossed it holds up.
    Anyhow, must go check the euro rate to see which side of the border I should fill up on. Happy hump day.
  • And so a whole week has passed. I find it more interesting to nosey and comment on other people's progress than to update my own diary. I missed last wed jog club as I was late back from dublin but managed both mon and wed this week and quite possibly covered the 5k. Two more weeks left and I've a new lease of life and am determined.
    Used a £9 sainsbugs voucher yesterday and made a £89 op to the mortgage to get me into a lower thousand. Sig isn't updated though as I forgot to make a note of the amount. My memory is shot. Last week I twice attended meetings having forgotten the relevant files. Fingers crossed I bluffed well enough.
    On other news, I'm trying to coerce dd into decorating the dining room using my sister's holiday home as a target. Fingers crossed that works. Renewed my insurance, not with t3sco not due to the failure to show individual items but due to the snotty attitude when I called about it. Still, I got £26 cashback. I just wonder when firms are going to stop excluding ni due to the troubles history. You'd think living near a flood plain would be higher risk nowadays.
    I am pleased to report a 35p gain from tcb treat or treat game plus a £1 win from gfk. Now all we need is OH's switching pay out. Oh, and the 2 ebay items cleared just over £30 so things are looking positive.

Today I am grateful for
    Encouragement
    Help from a colleague
    Positive feedback.
  • TGIF
    So relieved to be heading towards the weekend and today we have a charity dress down day. I so much prefer to work in my jeans.
    I ordered new underwear by click and collect while it was 30% off at HoF so there will be a visit there at lunchtime. Yesterday I went for lunch with a friend and the service was incredibly slow. We queried this and we had our lunch and drinks comped.
    Went to the cinema to see I Daniel Blake last night. While some of it was exaggerated, the lesson is there for all. The welfare state will no longer automatically provide.

Today I am grateful for
    Generally good health
    My OH
    A reasonably weathertight and secure home.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Haven't seen I Daniel Blake yet.
    Happy Friday. :).
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • it can be a bit of a grim watch Beanie. having worked in social security for too many years, i can assess which bits are overstated and which aren't but i still left the cinema in tears. you need to be in the right form to watch it but not dwell too much but a definite cautionary tale.

PS have updated the sig. need to get emergency fund back to 6.3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure