Job advice

Options
Hi, everyone

Firstly I apologize if this is the wrong section my first time here. I currently claim joint jobseekers for me and my partner and also get child benefits and child tax credits my job centre had put me on a six week training program for cctv operative with the possibility of a 21 hour job at the end of it. I know my jobseekers will be stopped but what about my partners, our sons benefits and our housing benefit will they all be stopped cause we won't be able to afford everything such as rent etc on a 21 hour job.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Post to benefits board, but no, you would still get child benefit and working tax credits. (probably housing and council tax benefit too)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, everyone

Firstly I apologize if this is the wrong section my first time here. I currently claim joint jobseekers for me and my partner and also get child benefits and child tax credits my job centre had put me on a six week training program for cctv operative with the possibility of a 21 hour job at the end of it. I know my jobseekers will be stopped but what about my partners, our sons benefits and our housing benefit will they all be stopped cause we won't be able to afford everything such as rent etc on a 21 hour job.

Yes your joint claim will stop but your sons benefits will continue. You will however be able to claim tax credits, housing benefit and Council tax support or universal credit depending on where you live.
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There is a handy site at https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ - you an put in details showing your (anticipated) income and it will show you what you will be entitled to claim once you start work.
    Child benefit will continue as you can earn up to £50K before you lose it. The Tax Credits, Housing Benefit and Council Tax may reduce depending on your income, but probably won't stop completely.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure