DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Haven't been her for a while. I'm looking for some advice please. I'm near the end of my DMP, 6 months to go. I logged into my Stepchange account this evening and it says they are unable to make payments to one of my creditors and to call them. I will do first thing on Monday but this has never happened before and I'm a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Many thanks
    When it happened to me it was because the creditor had sold the debt on but not bothered to mention it to me. I left it and the other creditors got more until a DCA wrote to me to say that they now owned the debt.
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
  • CP2016
    CP2016 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    Eddieslave wrote: »
    Hi,

I've taken a courage pill to post, I can see you're all lovely, gentle people.

I have been considering a DMP. My simple question is, at the moment I am paying around £400 per month payment to loan, cc.
    If I have a DMP I guess I will pay out less per month, giving me some chance to have more disposable income to live on?

Thanks.....a brief start but I will have more questions soon.
    Hello and welcome Eddieslave. You can use the debt remedy tool on the Stepchange website without either having to identify yourself or committing to anything. That should give you an idea of what they think is affordable in terms of repayments... but before you commit to anything take the time to read this thread. The usual advice is to get an emergency fund together before you start out on a DMP.

Have you read the second post of this thread yet? It's sazzie's great outline of the process and I highly recommend giving it a read.
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Had two letters in the past couple of weeks from DCAs offering reduced settlement figures to clear the debts - Lowell offering a 30% discount and Robinson Way offering a 21% discount with repayments over 3 and 4 months respectively

Unfortunately we are not in a position to take them up on their offers as it is still way more than we have, however it is good to know they are offering reduced payments without us even asking - gives us options to barter to get even lower offers later on in the DMP :)

Take care,

BDFSH x

Good to hear of unsolicited discounts from DCAs:j. Good luck with getting even better ones in the future:beer:

I have a debt with Robinson Way (a Tesco credit card) and so far it's proving to be unenforceable:j. As such they placed repayments on hold and I haven't paid them a penny since about March:j They wrote to me months ago to say Tesco were trying to supply the information I asked for in my CCA request.

Is your debt that they made the discount offer on an unenforceable one? I know some posters advise us to just walk away from unenforceable debts and pay absolutely nothing. Others have negotiated a 10% offer (that's 10% paid not just 10% off:eek:) to see the back of them.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good to hear of unsolicited discounts from DCAs:j. Good luck with getting even better ones in the future:beer:

I have a debt with Robinson Way (a Tesco credit card) and so far it's proving to be unenforceable:j. As such they placed repayments on hold and I haven't paid them a penny since about March:j They wrote to me months ago to say Tesco were trying to supply the information I asked for in my CCA request.

Is your debt that they made the discount offer on an unenforceable one? I know some posters advise us to just walk away from unenforceable debts and pay absolutely nothing. Others have negotiated a 10% offer (that's 10% paid not just 10% off:eek:) to see the back of them.

Morning all,

Carbootcrazy I'm in the same situation with Robinson way (previously with Tesco. Account is on hold since the CCA request on 12th May and havent't paid them a penny.
    Same situation with Cabot(HSBC) by far our largest creditor at £14,000:eek:
    Same situation with Lowell(ASDA) as well.
    Both PRA (Barclaycard) and Idem (Halifax) are unenforceable. Nothing from PRA since they confirmed it's unenforceable. Idem have been in touch saying I still have to pay and to contact them to arrange a repayment plan, which I've ignored
    Nationwide originally said unenforceable but then wrote to say you still have to pay and that they would be sending the reconstituted terms and conditions within 10 days of the letter on 28th July. Nothing as yet.
    In a nutshell since my CCA's on 12th May not one of our 6 creditors have been able to provide them. Until they do I won't be paying anything. I'm managing to get together a decent emergency fund as well for those that do come back with the correct CCA's. We also have a PPI claim going through which I'm hoping will help with this.
    I find it amazing how incompetent they are.
    I keep digging out the paperwork to see if I should be doing anything but at the moment it is just sit and wait.
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi

Haven't been her for a while. I'm looking for some advice please. I'm near the end of my DMP, 6 months to go. I logged into my Stepchange account this evening and it says they are unable to make payments to one of my creditors and to call them. I will do first thing on Monday but this has never happened before and I'm a bit worried. Has this happened to anyone else?

Many thanks

Hi,

You dont need to contact anyone, it most likely means the debt has been sold on, the new owner will be in touch shortly, no point doing anything till then.

Its a very common occurrence, but wont affect you in the slightest, you just pass the new details to SC and they continue with payments as per the original budget.

All quite mundane and normal.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Morning all,

Carbootcrazy I'm in the same situation with Robinson way (previously with Tesco. Account is on hold since the CCA request on 12th May and havent't paid them a penny.
    Same situation with Cabot(HSBC) by far our largest creditor at £14,000:eek:
    Same situation with Lowell(ASDA) as well.
    Both PRA (Barclaycard) and Idem (Halifax) are unenforceable. Nothing from PRA since they confirmed it's unenforceable. Idem have been in touch saying I still have to pay and to contact them to arrange a repayment plan, which I've ignored
    Nationwide originally said unenforceable but then wrote to say you still have to pay and that they would be sending the reconstituted terms and conditions within 10 days of the letter on 28th July. Nothing as yet.
    In a nutshell since my CCA's on 12th May not one of our 6 creditors have been able to provide them. Until they do I won't be paying anything. I'm managing to get together a decent emergency fund as well for those that do come back with the correct CCA's. We also have a PPI claim going through which I'm hoping will help with this.
    I find it amazing how incompetent they are.
    I keep digging out the paperwork to see if I should be doing anything but at the moment it is just sit and wait.

Good Luck with the temporarily 'on hold' accounts becoming really unenforceable. What a lovely position to be in if the £14000 one ends up that way:j. Please keep us posted.

I wish my creditors had all been so incompetent!:(. Some of my debts date from 1998 but they still managed to produce the required paperwork to make the debts enforceable:mad:
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

I wish my creditors had all been so incompetent!:(. Some of my debts date from 1998 but they still managed to produce the required paperwork to make the debts enforceable:mad:

Hi CBC :wave:

Have you had the paperwork from old (pre-2007) debts checked out. Our MBNA debt sent everything that looked compliant but it wasn't. In fact all pre-2007 MBNA credit cards are unenforceable (apparently - according to the all about debt site).

I'm sure you are on top of this, but it's worth getting every single one checked out :)
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 12 August 2017 at 12:38PM
    Options
    Hi CBC :wave:

Have you had the paperwork from old (pre-2007) debts checked out. Our MBNA debt sent everything that looked compliant but it wasn't. In fact all pre-2007 MBNA credit cards are unenforceable (apparently - according to the all about debt site).

I'm sure you are on top of this, but it's worth getting every single one checked out :)

That's brilliant news, January:j. Thanks very much indeed for it:T:T:T. My 2 MBNA debts are now with Link (sold on), so does that make any difference?

One of them is definitely unenforceable according to the letter they sent me and they couldn't supply any paperwork:j! The other one is enforceable according to them and they sent a load of paperwork for that one. I was surprised as they both date from the same year but one was an Affinity credit card and one wasn't which I assumed might make a difference in their record-keeping situation. I haven't checked it out on AAD yet and your faith that I'm on top of the situation is completely misplaced:o.

You've given me a welcome kick up the backside:T. Am just on my way out and will have very little time this weekend because of commitments to help out a friend but I'll get onto it first thing Monday morning. Promise;)

I hope everything's going well with you and yours:beer:
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Carbboot,

Sometimes sending lots of paperwork is intended to mis-lead you in to believing what they tell you is true.

Its the content that matters, never take what a creditor says at face value.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Good to hear of unsolicited discounts from DCAs:j. Good luck with getting even better ones in the future:beer:

Hi cbc,

No the account we have is not unenforceable so I believe you could definitely get a much better deal if you wanted to negotiate to close the debt :)

Good luck!!

BDFSH x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family