Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Below is the MSE article on it. I've never heard of a Regular Saver ISA where you're unable to fully subscribe the maximum amount to!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/savings/2017/05/car-giant-ford-gears-up-to-launch-market-leading-regular-savings?_ga=2.5136506.812056964.1495125671-1616544961.1482739725
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I've never heard of a Regular Saver ISA where you're unable to fully subscribe the maximum amount to!
    Arguably that's how HTB ISAs work (albeit the monthly contribution cap is HMRC-imposed), but Ford do have a home for the rest:
    It's also worth noting Ford's ISAs are 'split ISAs', meaning you can split your cash ISA allowance (£20,000 for 2017/18) between multiple ISAs with the provider, bypassing the usual rule that you can only pay into one cash ISA each tax year. Ford Money's easy-access ISA currently pays 0.9% AER, just behind the top rate of 1.01% AER from the Post Office.
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've set up one of their other accounts with them.

They appear to use the Newcastle Strategic Solutions platform (the outsourcing arm of Newcastle Building Society) for their online service. One of the good things about this platform is the ability to set up a recurring transaction so you should be able to set up a recurring monthly transfer from either the flexible saver or the cash isa to the regular savers should you wish to use these as a holding account to feed the regular saver.

I also spoke to them on the phone and the person I spoke to was very friendly and answered my query without any problem.

All seems very promising.
  • B_G_B
    B_G_B Posts: 502 Forumite
    isasmurf wrote: »
    I've set up one of their other accounts with them.

Likewise. Easiest and quickest setup I have ever done. Online access, Phone access and account all up and running in about 20 mins.
  • arsenalboy
    arsenalboy Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just rang Ford Money and asked about the ISA, the contribution will be restricted to £250 per month, the same as the normal regular saver.

On Monday an "apply now" button will appear on their website.

So that is 6K per person i.e., 12K for me and the wife at a good rate, better than a kick in the teeth!
  • ChaskhaChaia
    ChaskhaChaia Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Does anyone know if it's possible to hold both the ISA and the non ISA version of the Ford Money Regular Saver (assuming that I haven't already subscribed to a cash ISA for the tax year 2017/18). Therefore I could have 4 accounts (two for me and two for my husband)? Or is this wishful thinking?!
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Does anyone know if it's possible to hold both the ISA and the non ISA version of the Ford Money Regular Saver (assuming that I haven't already subscribed to a cash ISA for the tax year 2017/18). Therefore I could have 4 accounts (two for me and two for my husband)? Or is this wishful thinking?!

I don't know for sure but I think it will be likely that you can hold both.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It doesn't launch until Monday. There is also a large banner saying so on their web page.
  • arsenalboy
    arsenalboy Posts: 448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    adindas wrote: »
    I browsed a few minutes ago, I could not see any regular savers product. Any info / link on this will be very much appreciated.

See my post on 5486!
  • Nationwide8
    Nationwide8 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Hung up my suit!
    edited 20 May 2017 at 9:56AM
    Am assuming you will only be able to have one Reg Saver ISA paying 4% and not multiples paying 4% ( thinking about the split element )

*obs would be too good to be true*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport