IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco to get blue badge info from dvla

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    ANNOYED1 wrote: »
    Thanks, I will write a complaint when I have time. Everyone should write a complaint and maybe they will get the message.

There is no time like .... NOW ... not when you have time ?

Right now, the Tesco problem is Cat Parkinson
    Car Park Operations Executive

Tesco employ known scammers like Horizon but it appears that Tesco do not trust Horizon to manage their car parks ?

Horizon offer self ticketing which means someone gets paid a commission.
    Will the staff get paid commission for each picture they send to Horizon ..... ???? would stink of a scam

Who then gets the bounty ?? THE CEO ... doubt it, so any guesses who that might be ???
    Something for the CEO to find out before Tesco drag themselves into the gutter
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    There is no time like .... NOW ... not when you have time ?

Right now, the Tesco problem is Cat Parkinson
    Car Park Operations Executive

Tesco employ known scammers like Horizon but it appears that Tesco do not trust Horizon to manage their car parks ?

Horizon offer self ticketing which means someone gets paid a commission.
    Will the staff get paid commission for each picture they send to Horizon ..... ???? would stink of a scam

Who then gets the bounty ?? THE CEO ... doubt it, so any guesses who that might be ???
    Something for the CEO to find out before Tesco drag themselves into the gutter

I think with the self ticketing scam, the ticketer doesn't get their bounty unless the PCN is paid. There is still an incentive to issue as many tickets as possible though.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Could they be sneaky and not call them "disabled bays" but blue badge bays, that way they would fall under terms and conditions.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • ANNOYED1
    ANNOYED1 Posts: 69
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What if we made our own blue badges and used them in the car parks? The notices don't say what constitutes a blue badge. We could make a blue badge that states for private land only and therefore it wouldn't be breaking any terms?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What if we made our own blue badges and used them in the car parks? The notices don't say what constitutes a blue badge. We could make a blue badge that states for private land only and therefore it wouldn't be breaking any terms?

A Blue Peter Badge should do the trick.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 October 2016 at 10:52PM
    I forgot to add, I was asked if my disability means that it is appropriate for me to take the parking space over a wheelchair user. Was they wrong in asking this?
    Not wrong in asking but if your answer is YES, because you have that need, then they are IMHO breaching the Equality Act because they then 'knew or should have known' about your disability need.

They have then been very clearly informed but are unreasonably denying you the provision that would make the store more accessible.

This sounds like the views of people who think ''disabled = wheelchair.''

I am not saying that everyone with a protected characteristic NEEDS a disabled bay (far from it, and we've never said that) but I am saying if a person with a characteristic DOES have that need then a Service Provider cannot restrict nor deny a provision that would assist that person to access the store. It cannot just be people with mobility issues AND a particular badge. This is about need, not a 'permit'.

You could try asking the EHRC for help to fight this unfairness. They know that it is not a case of 'mental health issue v wheelchair'!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Not wrong in asking but if your answer is YES, because you have that need, then they are IMHO breaching the Equality Act because they then 'knew or should have known' about your disability need. THey have been told but are unreasonably denying you the provision that would make the store more accessible.

This sounds like the views of people who think ''disabled = wheelchair.''

I am not saying that everyone with a protected characteristic NEEDS a disabled bay (far from it, and we've never said that) but I am saying if a person with a characteristic DOES have that need then a Service Provider cannot restrict nor deny a provision that would assist that person to access the store. It cannot just be people with mobility issues AND a particular badge. This is about need, not a 'permit'.

You could try asking the EHRC for help to fight this unfairness. They know that it is not a case of 'mental health issue v wheelchair'!

I didn't answer the question as the person was antagonising me. But I do need a disabled bay and haven't had many problems in the past. But this new system seems to be where i wont know whether i receive a PCN or not because it wont be attached to the car and that causes me worry. Normally i leave a note on dashboard stating i have a disability and need the space.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So seek the help of the EHRC I suggest. You may need to spell it out how this is discriminatory although one would hope not, with the EHRC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I wonder what would the position be if you sent a formal letter to Tesco advising them that you require adjustments to be made under the equality act for you to be able to access their stores. That you do not hold a blue badge but have a need for a disabled bay.

If a PCN was acquired they could simply say "we didn't know they had a disability" hence possibly discrimination could be difficult to prove. However if they knew about your disability needs it would be hard to defend.

Under their terms I could lend my blue badge to Joe Bloggs and he could go to Tesco and park in a disabled bay, their terms state a blue badge must be displayed, and they cant check if the user is the holder of the badge.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,980
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I forgot to add, I was asked if my disability means that it is appropriate for me to take the parking space over a wheelchair user. Was they wrong in asking this?

You should have asked if it is appropriate for them to take up disabled bay space by allocating silly parent and child bays (which have no legal significance), and what badge do they look for with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure