Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• damo5134 wrote: »
    Oh that's hilarious! I think I'll try that one. At least I can't burn it!

It is the type of baking I rather like!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    damo5134 wrote: »
    TS I definitely agree with Wendy. Naproxen are amazing.
    I was diagnosed with Osteoathritis in my knees about 6 weeks ago and was in so much pain. The Naproxen relieved the pain for me, much more than ibuprofen and paracetamol were doing.
    Make sure you go to the doctors, especially as the weather is turning colder the pain will probably get worse, I'm afraid to say.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thank you. :)

Sorry damo, you are suffering too. I was diagnosed in my early 30s had a bone scan as GP thought I was too young. :o

Was told then my wrist was that of a 60 year old so nearly 20 years later I dread to think what they would say now. :eek:

This has been the worse flare up for me in years...
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Right signing off, off to bed with a hottie. ;)
  • Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thank you. :)

Sorry damo, you are suffering too. I was diagnosed in my early 30s had a bone scan as GP thought I was too young. :o

Was told then my wrist was that of a 60 year old so nearly 20 years later I dread to think what they would say now. :eek:

This has been the worse flare up for me in years...

I've always had dodgy knees but the dr told me I was still quite young to be diagnosed with it, at 44. I'm just glad I've got a diagnosis and that I'm not imagining it. I've lost quite a bit of weight recently which is certainly helping with the pain situation, and touch wood I've been pain free for the last couple of weeks without the need of painkillers.

I do feel for you and hope the dr can help you. There's nothing worse than being in constant pain. It must be awful having it in your hands.:(
  • damo5134
    damo5134 Posts: 448 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 November 2016 at 10:59PM
    It is the type of baking I rather like!

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Haha, me too. Do you think we could have a Prosecco cake instead, as I would much rather have that than vodka:rotfl:
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    With all the talk of Christmas cakes, I decided to make an old family recipe...before you all ask for the recipe I thought I would share.......my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes.

1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1...bottle Vodka,2 cups dried fruit.
    Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now !!!! shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.

Sounds like a good recipe for frequent. Nothing there to burn. :p
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Right signing off, off to bed with a hottie. ;)

Would that be Mr TS? :D
    Tell him to be careful with your hands. ;)
    x
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    With all the talk of Christmas cakes, I decided to make an old family recipe...before you all ask for the recipe I thought I would share.......my Vodka Christmas Cake recipe so here goes.

1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 cup water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 cup brown sugar, Lemon juice, 4 large eggs, Nuts, 1...bottle Vodka,2 cups dried fruit.
    Sample a cup of Vodka to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Vodka again to be sure it is of the highest quality then Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the Vodka is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver Sample the Vodka to test for tonsisticity. Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something. Check the Vodka. Now !!!! shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the Vodka and wipe the counter with the cat.

Sounds wonderful, do you think I could substitute vodka for Bacardi?
    I could always do a test run tomorrow!
  • damo5134 wrote: »
    Haha, me too. Do you think we could have a Prosecco cake instead, as I would much rather have that than vodka:rotfl:
    MKS wrote: »
    Sounds like a good recipe for frequent. Nothing there to burn. :p
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Sounds wonderful, do you think I could substitute vodka for Bacardi?
    I could always do a test run tomorrow!

I think my next one will use Gin, then I will try bacardi and then prosecco..... it is one of those cakes that you could bake every day!!
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    I did, i wouldnt mind if they wasnt there coupons but they bloody well were!:mad:

Hipp are 1 per transaction. How many of them were you using. Cs may think you were abusing the coupon if you had quite a few. Work your story out well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure