Rambling on...

Comments

• I'd love to be able to bake bread.

Are you going up and down the Campsies?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I want to be able to bake bread without a bread-maker, until then the bread-maker will have to do...

Planning to do part of the West Highland Way with a mate, if he can borrow his brothers' van to transport the bikes...
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • helsbell
    helsbell Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good to see you back.

I've just started on season 6 of the Walking Dead. It's a great show.

Enjoy the bike riding ☺
    SPC 11, No. 062 DFD November 2020 :(
    Aug 2017 B'card £5006.83 BoS £1086.59 MBNA £0 Total: £6093.42
    Aug 2018 B'Card £995.06 BoS £863.43 MBNA £3,644.98 Total: £5503.47
    9.68% paid off
  • Planning to do part of the West Highland Way with a mate, if he can borrow his brothers' van to transport the bikes

Aw that's brilliant. Such a beautiful journey. Are you planning all the way to Fort William? Probably have to stay over somewhere?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thanks Toni'sfriend
    We're planning on doing from The Devil's Staircase in Glencoe to Fort William...
    Have to leave early morning. Mate couldn't get van from brother as his brother has insisted on driving us himself :D
    He's going to drop us off in Glencoe and pick us up at Fort William. He is going to drive around and enjoy the scenery while we are doing the route. There are parts where we will have to carry or push the bikes as we are not like Danny MacAskill...
    It will be hard going but worth it, think its about 30 miles?

Thanks Helsbell
    I've just started on Season three of Walking Dead. Have already seen the first two seasons as I had borrowed them off a friend. Really enjoying it. I just never managed to catch it on TV before so I'm catching up now. Would like to be up to date for Season 8 starting ;)
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Away to bed now.
    Early rise for a biking adventure
    Will update when I get back
    Have a good one folks
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Thanks Toni'sfriend
    We're planning on doing from The Devil's Staircase in Glencoe to Fort William...
    Have to leave early morning. Mate couldn't get van from brother as his brother has insisted on driving us himself :D
    He's going to drop us off in Glencoe and pick us up at Fort William. He is going to drive around and enjoy the scenery while we are doing the route. There are parts where we will have to carry or push the bikes as we are not like Danny MacAskill...
    It will be hard going but worth it, think its about 30 miles?

Thanks Helsbell
    I've just started on Season three of Walking Dead. Have already seen the first two seasons as I had borrowed them off a friend. Really enjoying it. I just never managed to catch it on TV before so I'm catching up now. Would like to be up to date for Season 8 starting ;)

Glad you got your bike fixed, sounds a right mess on re the bb i have seen similar happen when seat tubes have fused to frames.

re Danny MacAskill what he can do with a bike is not human i watch his vids and shout at the tele

https://youtu.be/K_7k3fnxPq0

Anyone into cycling or bikes give that a look x
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Enjoy your bike ride and the fabulous scenery :beer:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hope you've had a wonderful day US x
  • What a day...
    Up early (for a Sunday) leaving Glasgow at about 8'ish. We arrived in Glencoe for shortly after 10.30 and parked up at Altnafeadh in the wee car park for what is usually a stunning view of the great shepherd of the Glen, Buachaille Etive Mor, unfortunately heavy rain and low cloud meant we couldn't see much.

We quickly got ourselves ready and set off up the Devils' Staircase, not a lot of time on the bikes doing this part as it is a hell of a climb even on foot. We carried and pushed them most of the way.

We reached the top of the climb and stopped for a quick breather and a bite and a drink. Then we were away again. The route to Kinlochleven was a fantastic descent and we had an absolute ball despite the appalling weather, felt sorry for the folks who were hiking it.

We hammered it down the final descent into Kinlochleven and skidded to a halt at the bottom (as you do...) we felt great, like we'd just done a stage of the downhill world cup :D
    Again, a brief stop for a snack n drink and we updated mates brother of progress then off again...

We had another difficult climb up out of Kinlochleven and had to carry and push the bikes quite a bit until we hit the old military road. Riding conditions were not as good as on the descent to Kinlochleven as the path / road was very badly waterlogged and we had to go through a lot of puddles and across streams of water that cut through the road. The rain NEVER stopped...
    We pushed on and came to the fork at the end of the track where you can either continue through Glen Nevis to Fort William or take the road route. We tossed a coin...
    It was the Glen Nevis route...
    Thankfully it wasn't too bad considering the conditions and we didn't meet many hikers on this stretch, think we passed two at most. A couple of bits where we had to get off and push but we made good time. We soon reached the main road for Fort William and thought, "YES, nearly there!" but on our approach into the town we found that the OFFICIAL end of the WHW had been moved :eek:
    It was in town centre near the big new Whetherspoons ;)
    So, we quickly got there and then back to the Mr M's Car Park to meet up with the Man wi the Van and got the bikes and gear into Van.
    We stripped off in back of van and dried ourselves off got into our normal clothes... and went to the pub...
    Couple of pints and Sunday Roast a la Wetherspoons then home.
    Fantastic day despite the weather and poor visibility, we seen nothing of what is usually gorgeous on this route :(
    My muscles are burning and I'm sure I am going to feel it in the morning but it was great and the wee beastie did brilliantly too...

Hope you folks have had a good one too
    :beer:
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure