Next Step Beauty Academy Complaints Thread

Comments

• Hi
    I am having the same problem with this company I have paid them 390 ponds last August for a completer beauty course. they have cancelled 7 times and are refusing to give me my money back.Could you please offer any advice of what i should do next
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Meehane1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am having the same problem with this company I have paid them 390 ponds last August for a completer beauty course. they have cancelled 7 times and are refusing to give me my money back.Could you please offer any advice of what i should do next

How did you pay ? You could do a chargeback but I guess you are out of time.

Why did you think it would be a good idea to go with this firm ?

Why not a college course ?
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    hollydays wrote: »
    Some more howlers from Gandi.digital

SEO and Marketing
    Energistically benchmark focused growth strategies via superior supply chains. Compellingly reintermediate mission-critical potentialities whereas cross functional scenarios. The re-engineer distributed processes without standardized supply chains.
    Sounds like something from a cracked version of Dilbert's mission statement generator...
  • Whatever you do, do not part with any money to this company.

They are absolute con artists. They take your money, confirm your course. Then cancel your course and refuse to refund your money. They claim you have accessed the course material, which I have not. I wish I had read the awful reviews before I parted with £234! They have been doing this for years and no-one is stopping it!! Rest assured I will not give up and am already going down the credit card route and if that fails, I will carry on so no more innocent people part with their hard earned cash!!!
  • Thanks I am in the process of trying to get my money back too and appreciate you managed to get yours back. I will carry on fighting as what they are doing to innocent victims is appalling and should be stopped!!
  • Hi there,

Back in may i was supposed to attend a course with this company, they cancelled, I have paid £178 (half) of the value of the course and they refuse to give me my money back.

They claim I accessed the portal and therefore wont receive anything back. My argument is I can't even access the portal to see the 80% I completed of the 'anatomy' booklets. They are saying I would need to pay another £178 to see these! so I am literally paying them £178 for nothing!

Can anyone who has been successful at getting there money back from them please advise on what to do next. I have gone to paypal who i paid through and they have given them so called 'evidence' of delivery (which must be my access to the online portal) and will not decide it in my case. I then went back to Next step beauty and the director emailed me to say they wont be answering as theyve shown me 'evidence' of this and the man I spoke to on the phone - the so called 'manager' was incredibly rude saying he will teminate the call as he has already explained why i wont be getting my money back.

How do I take them to court or file a claim? Someone please help, I just dont want them to get away with this AGAIN!

Thanks! xx
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ntrea wrote: »
    Hi there,

Back in may i was supposed to attend a course with this company, they cancelled, I have paid £178 (half) of the value of the course and they refuse to give me my money back.

They claim I accessed the portal and therefore wont receive anything back. My argument is I can't even access the portal to see the 80% I completed of the 'anatomy' booklets. They are saying I would need to pay another £178 to see these! so I am literally paying them £178 for nothing!

Can anyone who has been successful at getting there money back from them please advise on what to do next. I have gone to paypal who i paid through and they have given them so called 'evidence' of delivery (which must be my access to the online portal) and will not decide it in my case. I then went back to Next step beauty and the director emailed me to say they wont be answering as theyve shown me 'evidence' of this and the man I spoke to on the phone - the so called 'manager' was incredibly rude saying he will teminate the call as he has already explained why i wont be getting my money back.

How do I take them to court or file a claim? Someone please help, I just dont want them to get away with this AGAIN!

Thanks! xx

Have you read the whole thread?
  • I am also in dispute with NSB. Paid for a full nail technician course for £354 to be held in August which suited me as I was on summer holidays. Got a call a few weeks before the course saying they’d switched me to a venue an hour away which I told them wasn’t convenient. They told me I could accept this, change to the sept course in my chosen venue of Southsea, or switch to online training. The staff are rude and pushy when I told them none of that is what I paid for and I work in a school so any dates after Aug didn’t suit. To cut a long long story short, even though I haven’t accessed the portal, they have refused to refund me. I paid through Monzo and they are attempting to reclaim my money and as soon as NSB knew my bank were involved they told me in an email that they are now refusing to speak to me!!! I have also found out this week that the Southsea course has been cancelled again for Sept! I have sent a letter to the director, Scott Mardon, recorded delivery to ask for my money back and he has ignored me. If Monzo are not successful, I will take them to court without a doubt. The most shoddiest company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am also in dispute with NSB. Paid for a full nail technician course for £354 to be held in August which suited me as I was on summer holidays. Got a call a few weeks before the course saying they’d switched me to a venue an hour away which I told them wasn’t convenient. They told me I could accept this, change to the sept course in my chosen venue of Southsea, or switch to online training. The staff are rude and pushy when I told them none of that is what I paid for and I work in a school so any dates after Aug didn’t suit. To cut a long long story short, even though I haven’t accessed the portal, they have refused to refund me. I paid through Monzo and they are attempting to reclaim my money and as soon as NSB knew my bank were involved they told me in an email that they are now refusing to speak to me!!! I have also found out this week that the Southsea course has been cancelled again for Sept! I have sent a letter to the director, Scott Mardon, recorded delivery to ask for my money back and he has ignored me. If Monzo are not successful, I will take them to court without a doubt. The most shoddiest company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.
    Please do return and let the thread know about your day at court.
  • How can I go to court regarding this? Can anyone please give me some advice, I have no idea where to start! they have said the exact same things to me- when I phoned them I said I will not stop calling until they return my money, the manager said to me we are going to block your calls and wont reply to your emails or phone calls! When I explained how why am I paying £178 for something I dont even have access for he said, we keep going round in circles, I'm no explaining this to you again! I cannot believe that so many people have been ripped off like this and they are just getting away with it!! Anyone who has managed to get their money back, how have you done it please help me!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback