"Complete Savings" scheme

Options

Comments

• Gary_Kelly_2
    Options
    On 14/11/2017 My wife discovered a strange £10 transaction from her account made contact with Bank and was told that this was monthly subscription to completesave.co.uk on closer inspection discovered that this £10 had been taken from the account from January 2014!! and we had no idea what it was for. Cancelled via bank who are investigating further just to confirm like other contributors we have not signed up for anything to do with this company and have certainly never received any emails notifications etc like the company state. Complete rip off stay well clear We are now contacting trading standards as bank Halifax will only refund 13 months payment. I know we should have noticed earlier but we are not savvy with internet banking etc.
  • Miketheguide
    Options
    Yes, it seems to be legitimate sharp practice.
  • MandyNewtown
    Options
    As someone else, only just discovered that I have been paying 10 pounds monthly with my credit card for the past 11 months!!! I feel conned as was offered My time rewards and Complete savings when I opted for the Family and Friends Railcard. I rang and cancelled Complete Savings but not realised My time rewards was separate. I will have to call the credit card company to see what they will say. Further, Trainline emails me to say how much I have saved on my travel in the last year - 49 pounds, when I have lost 110 pounds!! Any tips on how to proceed will be appreciated.
  • GG007
    Options
    Completesavings is great when it works. You can get your £15 monthly subscription back by buying something from your linked retailer (in my case Debenhams, however in the last few days they seem to have allowed you to make the purchase from any of their retailers).

However recently only a few of my cashbacks are automatically being creditted to me. When you ask customer sevices to deal with this they seem to be incapable of doing so. They ask for details that you cannot supply as the retailer has not given them to you. As if that isn't bad enough, recently they have been reclaiming legitimately paid cashbacks and again you have to turn cartwheels to get customer services to deal with it. They blame some other company who apparently deal with the cashbacks even though the responsibility is theirs. Their conduct is becoming dubious and is leaving them open to accusations of dishonesty.

I am now going to cancel my membership as it really isn't worth the bother.
  • Roberte
    Options
    They got £500+ out of me. They claimed they sent me monthly updates which is a lie. There are 1000's who have been scammed. Is there not a case forva class action?
  • GG007
    Options
    Since my previous post I have now managed to get Completesavings to manually pay my missing automatic cashback claims. They now seem to be doing this much more efficiently.
    Since joining a year ago my cashbacks have now totalled more than £400. I even got £100 cashback on a new TV even though the price was the cheapest in the UK.
    I get my monthly £15 fee cancelled out by my £15 monthly bonus. All I have to do is to buy something that I need anyway, like a shirt, from Debenham's using the free Click and Collect service.
    So it works well but you have to be vigilant and be prepared to hassle them when things go wrong. Try it, it works.
  • daisycat01
    Options
    I am thinking of joining this as I stay overnight in a hotel 1-2 time per week and so I can claim through Hotels.com anyone else do this?
  • BarbsL
    Options
    I purchased a train ticket and at some point while filling in my payment details etc I ticked a box which meant I was agreeing to PAY £15 every MONTH to get saving on my online purchases (the only box I remember ticking was at the end and I assumed it was agreeing to the terms and conditions of purchasing a train ticket!).... Why would I expect to be asked to sign up to paying £15 every month while purchasing a train ticket? It was completely hidden within the process of filling in my details and paying for the ticket (you obviously have to put in your card details to purchase it). The only reference to this company was right at the end where it flashed up something like, "thank you for signing up to complete savings, you could save every month on your online purchases". I received an email a little later with my "membership number" (What membership number? I thought).... I had to go onto their website to find out what the hell had I signed up for! I looked into it only to find that they would be taking £15 from my bank account EVERY month, so I then had to cancel my membership.... What a scam... I had no idea I'd signed up for anything, I just wouldn't , I cannot afford to pay £15 a month for anything.
  • Woolco
    Woolco Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    I am a member of this scheme and I can't really fault it to be honest. I pay £15 per month and as long as I make a purchase from one of their merchants, eBay, Debenhams, Asda, Tesco etc I get the £15 back. I get 10% back on my online shopping and can buy gift vouchers with 20% off. The gift vouchers available just now is Argos, One4All multi voucher and Burton group/Arcadia. Some others I forget. I don't understand why people say they are not aware of what they signed up to, unless you have been drinking alcohol whilst browing online.
  • stemcgoo
    stemcgoo Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    daisycat01 wrote: »
    I am thinking of joining this as I stay overnight in a hotel 1-2 time per week and so I can claim through Hotels.com anyone else do this?

Yup, although not specifically for hotel bookings, i do use the scheme. As long as you can guarantee one purchase each month from their list of retailers you will get your member fee back, plus (usually) 10% cashback.

And dont forget the 20% off giftcards each month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure