PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2012 Grocery Challenge!!!!! REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comments

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi, My aim is for £350 this month. I have increased it on last months as I will have five adults to feed and I am building up my stocks again in case of being snowed in again :D.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • morning all :)
    had my tesco shop delivered on monday so my new total is £166.79 so far this month leaving £133.21 for small shops til the new year.

In case anyone doesnt know there is supposed to be a £5 off voucher for aldi tomorrow in the mirror newspaper so this will help with a few festive treats.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    we dont have aldi over here i really want one!!!!!!!!
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Well it's been a bad start to my first GC! I need to get organised tonight. OH hasn't been here this week as he is working away so I haven't done my usual meal plan and haven't yet been and done a proper shop! Spent £19.19 last night on bits and pieces which don't really result in me having anything for meals because I didn't work out a list. Which I knew was a bad idea but I popped in on the way home...

Anyway onwards and upwards. Meal planning tonight, will do a proper shop tomorrow and be organised for the rest of the month (that's the plan anyway!)
    Kitchen Debt - 2820/260
    Save £12k in 2013 #060: 1293.24/3000
    MFW: 88760.00/85000.00 (4.24% paid)
  • morning all :)
    had my tesco shop delivered on monday so my new total is £166.79 so far this month leaving £133.21 for small shops til the new year.

In case anyone doesnt know there is supposed to be a £5 off voucher for aldi tomorrow in the mirror newspaper so this will help with a few festive treats.
    thank you will have to give it a go
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • RevolvingDoor
    RevolvingDoor Posts: 1,108 Forumite
    edited 28 November 2012 at 1:27PM
    I'm so happy that my shopping is being delivered today. My fridge is virtually empty and I don't remember it looking like that since we first bought it!:rotfl:

I'm going dive into the bananas and yoghurt first. Yum.:)

My shopping spend for first week of Dec is now £80 as I forgot to add a few things.
  • Pernicious
    Pernicious Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Hi everyone,

Can my target of £200 this month be added to the list please?

I have decided that £150 was too ambitious to start with, I am failing each time & then feeling bad about it, which is silly. I need to start off slow! I think since it is Christmas as well it would be daft to try & cut it down to something I can't stick to in a normal month, so £200 is my aim.

I am also setting myself a mini challenge of no more than one takeaway a month! Sounds easy but it's actually pretty difficult for us :o Even having oven pizzas in started off well until I found myself eating that & then still ordering a takeaway a day or 2 later, not very good for my waistline at all! So if you'd like to join me in the mini challenge please feel free :) It would be good to get some other people on board as then I might be embarrassed into sticking to it! :j
    :idea:Debt at July 2012: £12,862.57 :eek:
    :dance:Current Debt: £0 :j
    100% paid off!
    :think: Savings Goal for November 2016: £5000 :cool:
    :D Current Savings: £1176.24 _party_
    23.52% Saved!
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 November 2012 at 3:32PM
    Sorry about your family's loss armchairexpert.

Hope your budget and repayments get back on track quickly....don't give up it will work itself out....chin up buttercup! ;)

Bought a completely unnecessary takeaway last night. :o DH (knowing that I was feeling tired and weak willed) mentioned he fancied a takeaway as we drove past it on the way home from work and that's what we ended up getting. It didn't take much persuasion and he did go away again on the second part of a mini tour this morning until Sunday so I let him get one.

Little bit cross with myself because I'm trying to loose weight, we are working our way through the budget at a pretty impressive speed and I refuse to go over it because we desperately need to save up to buy our own place again. :( Anyway, what's done is done!

On the plus side did use a 20% discount code because they have a new app out so every cloud has a silver lining!! :D
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • Eeek not having too great a start to my December Grocery challenge.

Have run out of alot of the basics today - Coffee, loo roll, sugar, washing powder etc.

So I did a Tesco online order for delivery Friday morning, but this was my budgeted amount for the first week of December :o.

It has now got to last me until the 10th December. Fingers Crossed.

I did not take part in the November challenge as had not had my LBM until last week. So have no budgeted amount and was hoping my last shop would last till December but no......

Will have to be VERY careful with what I cook and what we use.
    Have got a freezer full of meat, and have lots of veg and basics on this shop I have done today so hopefully we will be ok.

Guess i'm the only loser that has had to start december on the 28th November :o:mad::o:mad::o:mad::o
  • A few spends over the last few days but have lost track of exactly what. Will have to update when I check online banking, but its only a couple of pounds here and there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure