Leading Hotels of The World - Rooms for 19.28USD - 1st October ONLY!

Comments

• jobie30
    jobie30 Posts: 10 Forumite
    just phoned the langham hotel in london, they only have 2 rooms per day from 16th-30th nov on this promotion...so chances r very slim of getting a room

i'm giving up!
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 406 Forumite
    Anyone else on a prperty page (Gleneagles) but just get a server error page titled "Server Error in '/' Application."
  • magpiejay
    magpiejay Posts: 190 Forumite
    use the direct link to your chosen hotel with the id number in it, thats the one to keep refreshing (you can get links from the google cache page)

eg: http://www.lhw.com/property.aspx?id=xxxxxx&ext=1928

i get that page one in every 25 refreshes....but then it cant access the actual booking server to retrieve dates.
  • nelster
    nelster Posts: 406 Forumite
    Lefs wrote: »
    Every so often it goes from taking a second to load to taking 30 seconds to load - I get excited, then nothing.

So not amused - has anyone had any luck at all?

Each of the 2 occassions I've made a property page it's sat for 30 seconds loading.
  • JR19
    JR19 Posts: 106 Forumite
    You'd think that the leading hotels of the world would at least have a website that worked. Regardless of whether it's a scam or not, it is incredibly bad customer service that they didn't increase their capacity and the very suggestion of foul play brings some incredibly high profile hotels into disrepute.

What's this £10 Lastminute.com sale that got a mention?

Starts at 10 am Thursday (have just received an email from them):j
    :icotbaske
  • Any promotion is good promotion?

Well done lhw, but could of made it more pleasant by providing a counter of rooms remaining on the error page, and maybe offering those that didn't make it a great discount?
  • joewa
    joewa Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i am gonna give up,
  • lauraza
    lauraza Posts: 126 Forumite
    A promotion meant to raise LHW's profile, is really going to lower it in the long run due to everyone's frustration!
  • feesh
    feesh Posts: 328 Forumite
    I think I'm nearly in, well something is loading VERY slowly anyway......

Edit - I spoke to soon :(
  • lisyloo wrote: »
    Why do you say that?
    I would have thought that surely they have to get back to work after spending nearly an hour trying to get a room.

Assumptions and accusations of dishonestly are appauling (not that you said that but others did).

I don't think these people have any "secrets" to share, they just got lucky.
    I don't think there is any special sequence.
    You just have to be the one that's next in the queue when a space becomes available.

I never accused anybody of anything I just said if they could tell how the process went it might be nice as some of us would like to know.

I am sure not all of those who booked rooms are at work and if they have got time to wait an hour to book surely another 5 mins is not going to hurt....

Some people are soooo touchy on here I'd appreciate if you'd direct your post at somebody who was actually accusing.... and furthermore when I last checked I didn't see a rule about asking people about how they came across there good fortune I thought that was what this site was about.......
    and seen as you haven't been successful then my question was not direted at you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure