rules for holidaying abroad on income support

Comments

• Larumbelle
    Larumbelle Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    arlybarly wrote: »
    well, after paying full council tax, mortgage, school meals, prescriptions, dentist ect i have to really budget to go on holiday anywhere never mind abroad. im so glad that you can afford foreign holidays on mMY CASH while we will probably go camping in the summer as thats the only time me and oh get time off together.

Oh get over yourself. I'd love to sit and chat about what I can and cannot afford, whose cash it is, who should be given benefits and what they should spend it on, but this isn't the place to do it. Do you know that alwaysskint96 is a benefits scrounger who deserves abuse? Do you know that he/she is holidaying on YOUR CASH? How do you know that people on benefits haven't paid into the system for years and years before suffering a misfortune?

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO COMMENT ON BENEFITS POLICY. It's about helping people to get their entitlement within the rules that are there. Discussion Time is the place for this kind of thing, as well you know.
  • ellymk
    ellymk Posts: 26 Forumite
    why would you want to bother telling IS that you were going on holiday, I dont see why that should affect anything, you still have to run the house. Lucky she can afford it :confused: , being self employed there is no chance of me taking a month off!!!
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    arlybarly wrote: »
    well, after paying full council tax, mortgage, school meals, prescriptions, dentist ect i have to really budget to go on holiday anywhere never mind abroad. im so glad that you can afford foreign holidays on mMY CASH while we will probably go camping in the summer as thats the only time me and oh get time off together.

well said.
  • arlybarly wrote: »

HUH? Im not using your cash thaks very much!!!!

UInless you count the CB and CTC that I get.
    And Im self employed and a single parent so dont need to worry about OH taking time off work LOL
  • And I bet by the time you pay for meals etc your camping may well end up more expensive than £50 odd quid
  • arlybarly
    arlybarly Posts: 985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    oh dear hit a few raw nerves here havent i, if you dont want me posting about hyolidays DONT RUB IN MY FACE YOUR OFF ABROAD ON MY MONEY!!!!!!!

SILVERCHARMING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DOLE SCROUNGERS SO READ BEFORE YOU POST AND IF YOU DID PUT THIS IN DISCUSSION TIME IM SURE THAT YOUD HAVE COMMENTS THE SAME AS I HAVE MADE.

YOU GET OVER YOURSELF
  • arlybarly
    arlybarly Posts: 985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Should Have Also Said If Claiment Is Genuine Then They Are Entitled To Help When Times Are Tough, Just Try Not To Rub It In !!!!!
    oh dear hit a few raw nerves here havent i, if you dont want me posting about hyolidays DONT RUB IN MY FACE YOUR OFF ABROAD ON MY MONEY!!!!!!!

SILVERCHARMING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT DOLE SCROUNGERS SO READ BEFORE YOU POST AND IF YOU DID PUT THIS IN DISCUSSION TIME IM SURE THAT YOUD HAVE COMMENTS THE SAME AS I HAVE MADE.

YOU GET OVER YOURSELF

But you did insinute that my bargain holiday was at your expense!!!!!!
  • sealady
    sealady Posts: 490 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just get rather peeved when you hear about people going on holiday who are claiming benefits which is paying off their mortgage and and council tax when I am not even able to afford to get on the property ladder and when I am working and paying taxes.

Me thinks something is wrong here!

YOU GET OVER YOURSELF

Well I;m still trying to figure out WHO said they were off abroad on your money LOL
    Dont see why you are having a go at Silvercharming as well

Or is it only people who are receiving benefits who are allowed to post on this board??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure