Project Solar panels quote.

Comments

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Congrats, looks like you've got a proper quote this time.

Their gen figure looks to be 3,619kWh, and now that PVGIS is working again (or was it just me!) I got 3,670 for the centre of Gosforth and due south orientation.

Leccy savings of £195 may be possible, it all depends on the size of your consumption, and when you consume it. My E/W system saves me around £180pa, but I'd still suggest a more sensible £120 until you get actual savings (after install), so as not to overstate your income, which might wrongly influence your decision.

Also, the 13.39p might be possible, but you'd have to rush, and I don't like rushing.

£7,250 for 2.5kWp to £4,850 for 4kWp in 2 days ...... not bad, not bad! :cool2:

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    MrHockallz wrote: »
    Morning all,

I had my TP Solar quote this AM based on 16 panels which she said may or may not fit - and on the surface seems a lot more competitive than the Project Solar deal:

16 x 250w QCell panels – total price £4850
    OR
    16 x 250w 833 black on black panels – total price £545........
    Either of them would be a huge improvement on the original quote ! No doubt the latest rep fell about laughing when you told her about the first one ? But from what I've read here, there may be other companies who can improve on that price.

But not very impressed with "16 panels which she said may or may not fit" " :D That rather calls into question how thoroughly the rest of the quote has been calculated ! It also seems an awfully precise forecast for how much cash you'd save on your present electricity bills and looks suspiciously like an assumption of you using 50% of generation which is certainly possible but usually needs a lot of work to achieve.

I'd still be looking for other quotes
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • MrHockallz
    MrHockallz Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2015 at 10:15AM
    If I was being picky I guess my only concern would be a 10 year warranty where the others I have looked at offers 25 years.

As for the panel numbers that's more my poor wording. I have given her my requirements and what I believe may fit, she has said that one or two panels may need to be removed which obviously will affect the quote - but I requested the 4kWp system as preferable if that makes sense.

I'm also looking at CTS Renewables but have not requested a quote yet - is that one of the others that may improve on that price?
    MFW: £65,421 to go!
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2015 at 10:23AM
    As I said yesterday, I'd be getting other quotes too!

Saw this in the paper over the weekend (saw it last weekend too, so seems to be a regular feature?), not endorsing the company, they have been mentioned on here in the past , and didn't cover themselves in glory then - may have changed since?!

IMG_20150610_100622.jpg

Edit*: Although saying that, looking at their suitability checker on their website, not found a house yet that isn't suitable!
    4kWp, SSE, SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
    Now with added Sunsynk 5kw hybrid ecco inverter & 15kWh Fogstar batteries. Oh Octopus Energy too.
  • EricMears
    As for the panel numbers that's more my poor wording.
    No ! Anyone who gives you a quote without first checking what size roof you've got is just plain sloppy. Don't take my word for that; ask your next SP quoter.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • MrHockallz
    EricMears wrote: »
    No ! Anyone who gives you a quote without first checking what size roof you've got is just plain sloppy. Don't take my word for that; ask your next SP quoter.

Will bear that in mind thanks!

To be fair to the lady from TP Solar this was a phone estimate and would still require a survey for someone to measure up and give me an exact quote.
  • EricMears
    Will bear that in mind thanks!

To be fair to the lady from TP Solar this was a phone estimate and would still require a survey for someone to measure up and give me an exact quote.
    In which case, this wasn't a 'real' quote at all. Be very careful that when they send out a surveyor to give a firm quote they don't decide to add on a few thou. I've no knowledge of the company at all but would still be wary of any company that give out 'quotes' without any prior investigation.
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    EricMears wrote: »
    but would still be wary of any company that give out 'quotes' without any prior investigation.
    It's how a lot of the larger companies work now Eric, you tell them how big a system you want and they'll quote you on that, once you register an interest they'll then come out to do a survey to make sure that that system will indeed fit on the roof, it's only when the survey is done and they know the quoted system won't fit that the fun and games begin and we get lots of posters looking for some sort of advice
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • JimLad
    JimLad Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    For £5500 can you try and get something like an iboost thrown in too? Ours cost that for a 16 panel 4kw installation in gloucestershire and had it along with your geo monitor thingy.
    Mortgage Free 22/03/17
    MissWillow is my OH!
  • MrHockallz
    JimLad wrote: »
    For £5500 can you try and get something like an iboost thrown in too? Ours cost that for a 16 panel 4kw installation in gloucestershire and had it along with your geo monitor thingy.

Unfortunately I have a combi boiler so I don't think that will work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport