What's the view from your window at work?

This is mine:

WWi3Tvq.jpg?1
Just gorgeous :rotfl:

What's it like for you? Wonderful green pastures? A busy city street?
Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Does your employer allow you to post pictures of your workplace?
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • ReadingTim
    ReadingTim Posts: 3,970
    Forumite
    nicechap wrote: »
    Does your employer allow you to post pictures of your workplace?

Well, you're a barrel of laughs aren't you? With lines like that, I bet everyone wants to be near you at the office Christmas party. :rotfl:

I'm looking at Shakespeare's Globe theatre, the River Thames, Tate Modern and (behind me), the Millennium Bridge.
  • Well for most people, out the window will be outside and so not actually a picture of your workplace. But for me specifically, as long as I don't name them, they don't mind :)
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,517
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    The BT Tower, University College Hospital London and a lot of cranes.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,543
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Sat at many differently positioned desks and in several different offices at the place where I last worked and most views were of one of two car parks plus the rear of some unattractive buildings opposite. The one time I had an office with a window overlooking a street I had my back to it, but again just a view of an unattractive building opposite.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,857
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    15ogsgy.jpg

My room overlooks an overgrown courtyard but the greenery makes me smile. I have thought of hanging some fake fish on the outside so it would look like an aquarium :D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • No longer working as I am a carer, but my previous job was in a shop. It was on a one way street, busy with buses. When there was no traffic, the view was of a small scruffy pub.

My son has just started his first paid job (part time, while he is at college). It's in a retirement village, so his view is quite a pleasant one, of gardens that are neatly.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,543
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    What's the view from your window at work?

Which reminds me that having visited hundreds (possibly over a thousand) various types of workplace during my working life that many don't have windows or ones you can see out of.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Security Manager looking after an ex government research insitute...so my window looks out at a Grade II listed mansion,Muntjac dear..rabbits...foxes..squirrels to name a few all running around.

Cant complain really..:D
  • nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852
    Forumite
    ReadingTim wrote: »
    Well, you're a barrel of laughs aren't you? With lines like that, I bet everyone wants to be near you at the office Christmas party. :rotfl:

I'm looking at Shakespeare's Globe theatre, the River Thames, Tate Modern and (behind me), the Millennium Bridge.

You'd be having a very bad Christmas party if I was there.

Maybe see the trouble others have got into by posting pictures of their workplaces before jumping to conclusions.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5694664
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure