Timeshare mis-selling claim RSB Legal?

Comments

• EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,110
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    When I first saw this thread I thought I recognised the company involved. But I didn't, it's name is just very similar to a company I have heard of. Coincidence I expect.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • I am with jonesMUFC on this, the number of Companies opening up to help you relinquish your Timeshare ownership is increasing all the time, the reality is that certainly if the Timeshare is based in Spain or the Canaries there is a very good chance that you could handle the exit process yourself with obviously potential costs but probably nothing like the costs that these Companies charge.

There is a wealth of information on the Internet concerning exiting Spanish Timeshare Contacts so for anybody wishing to do this just be prepared to do a lot of homework and look at some of the success stories of people being awarded quite large sums of money in compensation and legal costs. The question you have to ask yourself is "do I want to try and get some of my money back at a cost or do I just walk away with a good chance of not paying anything"
  • We are trying to find out as well- having got to a meeting for a consultation on no win no fee and ending up by putting money upfront for the cost of getting out...All supposedly secure under section 75. RSB legal in Redditch. Any advice welcomed....
  • Can I ask if you had to put any money upfront? The way we were presented with things is that the no win no fee is one thing and the getting out of the Timeshare is a different one. We actually signed some money for the "getting us out of the Timeshare" on the basis that it was today or not and that we would get this money back as part of the no win no fee. Except that we have paper work for the money to pay but I can't see paperwork for the no win no fee application. What did you have in writing? Were things settled separately for you too?
    I would really appreciate any comments as so worried to be in another con (as the Timeshare turned out to be...)
  • Can I ask if you had to put any money upfront? The way we were presented with things is that the no win no fee is one thing and the getting out of the Timeshare is a different one. We actually signed some money for the "getting us out of the Timeshare" on the basis that it was today or not and that we would get this money back as part of the no win no fee. Except that we have paper work for the money to pay but I can't see paperwork for the no win no fee application. What did you have in writing? Were things settled separately for you too?
    I would really appreciate any comments as so worried to be in another con (as the Timeshare turned out to be...)

Are you referring your question to the OP or to anyone else? I personally have not paid anything to exit my Timeshare and have taken the view that as I didn't pay a lot for it in the first place I am quite happy to walk away having used the Timeshare on a few occasions and banked weeks with an Exchange Company which allowed me to travel to other resorts over the years. My reason in walking away was that the resort wasn't keeping up the refurbishment that was needed and ever increasing maintenance fees and not a lot to show for it. When I offered to give back my 2 weeks they didn't want them but offered different schemes that meant paying a lot more money when all I wanted was out. As I stated before if your Resort is either in Spain or the Canary Islands then you could very easily do the exit process yourself.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,194
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We are trying to find out as well- having got to a meeting for a consultation on no win no fee and ending up by putting money upfront for the cost of getting out...All supposedly secure under section 75. RSB legal in Redditch. Any advice welcomed....
    How can it be secure under section 75? You have presumably paid them to do some preliminary work. If they do this but they don't manage to get any money back from Spain I can't see how a S75 claim would succeed.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2016 at 5:45PM
    Why would you approach a company that offers " no win, no fee" , then pay them a fee?

http://www.timeshareconsumerassociation.org.uk/2016/06/22/rbs-legal/
    See post below
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2016 at 8:11PM
    The TCA received calls back in May regarding a company called warwickshire Consultants who were cold calling timeshare owners offering their compensation services. The company claimed to be working with RBS Legal.
    We have now received further calls from worried Timeshare owners who have received calls directly from RBS Legal and were sceptical of their services due to the lack of knowledge they seemed to have over their own working practices. !The timeshare owners felt like they didn’t want to answer any of the simple questions a real legal company should know about their own processes and past cases, instead they just wanted to discuss money and gain payment upfront for cancelling their contract.
    Another couple called with a very similar story and worryingly had contracted RSB Legally a nd paid them money upfront to help with their timeshare exit.
    The couple were subsequently contracted by another company called
    Taylor Marshall Associates who would apparently be taking on their case.

**The website of Taylor Marshall Associates looks like they are a section 75 claims company, mainly dealing with solar panels ( I've removed the address but this address is actually a company formations office and Mail forwarding service see address in this link
    https://www.companyformations247.co.uk/corporate-services/registered-office/#start
    and the address given on the website is ( address removed but it actually a Devere hotel)
    The registered director for this company is shown in these links;

http://www.endole.co.uk/company/09458294/taylor-marshall-associates-limited
    ( he was also associated with a company called Marsha Consultants Ltd, According to an entry on company check, there was a proposal to strike off this company, it was dissolved after a shortish period( like all their companies coincidentally)
    !
    Going back to RSB International Ltd, their website give RSB legal’s address as

They also show addresses for other companies that are part of this group, all under the same Director RW see this link
    RSB Property
    RSB Property ( Dublin)
    RSB Event Management London
  • hollydays
    Forumite
    edited 18 December 2016 at 11:15PM
    They also are linked to a string of claims companies and seem to like to get anything damning removed from the web.think one man band.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Yup I agree they get anything negative removed, hollydays I expect your post will get removed, one of mine did and I just gave the company date of inception so show it is a new company with no history.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure