14 years I feel Ive wasted,not sure how to cope

Comments

• Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Think you have made a wise decision.
    We nearly had a divorce when we tried to put our first flat pack together and it didn,t help that the miserable little accompanying leaflet was in a foreign language!
  • Primrose wrote: »
    Think you have made a wise decision.
    We nearly had a divorce when we tried to put our first flat pack together and it didn,t help that the miserable little accompanying leaflet was in a foreign language!

Oh dear Primrose lol
    The only saving grace would be the fact I would only be arguing with myself lol
  • Found myself a Mr Flat Pack Man,yay!!!!
    He,s doing it for me and putting one of the cabinets on the wall.........all for £50 !!
    I consider it a bargain,yes I failed because I didn't try it myself but at least it will be done properly
    I'm happy today,just got a few days to finish off painting and decorating the living room which I know I will manage.
  • Primrose
    Well done on finding the Flat Pack man. I,m sure it's worth paying £50 to eliminate any more stress in your life. I think yiu have to choose your battles and the redecorating is probably quite enough on your plate at the moment. Getting everything done more speedily will allow you to move on with your new regime more quickly too, so count it a double investment.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I am sure it will be £50 well spent. Hope you will be very happy with your new room.
  • Primrose wrote: »
    Well done on finding the Flat Pack man. I,m sure it's worth paying £50 to eliminate any more stress in your life. I think yiu have to choose your battles and the redecorating is probably quite enough on your plate at the moment. Getting everything done more speedily will allow you to move on with your new regime more quickly too, so count it a double investment.
    Thanks Primrose.Its true,the painting and decorating has been a battle but a battle that ive won,once it is finished I,ll be so pleased that I did it.
    Theres still more rooms to do,bedroom especially,I really do need to make that inviting for myself.I have new bedroom furniture so all I now need is decorating it and making it more personal for me.(I can see a tad amount of glitter going in there too) lol
    After that I will be concentrating on myself,not sure if I should of concentrated on it firstly but at the time I felt I had to remove every trace of him in my home,Im pretty sure Ive managed it.
  • my-user-name
    my-user-name Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2017 at 2:42PM
    kelpie35 wrote: »
    I am sure it will be £50 well spent. Hope you will be very happy with your new room.

I was shocked when he offered to do it all for £50 kelpie,I had no clue how much it would be.However that must be the average price because a few more contacted me and quoted the same price.
    For £50 it will mean I have to do some overtime at work this week but I'm happy with that but it means I will be on a countdown in getting my living room painted and decorated in time for the weekend when Mr Flat Pack Man visit
    .I will however watch how he assembles it so that my next flat pack stuff I will have a go myself,I promise!! lol

Oh I cant wait!! I will definatly invite my friends around once its finished!!
  • Primrose
    Well it's nice to have goals where the end is imminently in sight and am sure when you sit back and admire the end result it will be infinitely satisfying.
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    So are you doing the wallpapering yourself MUN ?..or have I missed that bit of info on the thread ?. I'm impressed if you are, that is one thing I would be getting help with or paying for as don't think I would be very good at that. Painting is probably my limit decorating wise . I can't even do gloss painting, what a ruddy chore that is, and I am absolutely pants at it the one time I tried it.

Good job on the flat pack builder finding,it does take the headache out of it, especially if it is something big. I wanted to slit my wrists doing a load of stuff I had bought for one room, I did feel smug after, but to be fair, having someone else do it I would have felt just as happy. :D. The smug bit came from a mates hubby who came to put the doors on the first bit, then assumed he would be asked back to do the rest........ not, as I watched like a hawk.

I totally get the being too independent bit, I am told that by friends hubbys all the time . Sometimes you just have to accept help though, and take it in the way it is meant. Everyone is good at doing different things. It would be a boring world otherwise.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • my-user-name
    my-user-name Posts: 267 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 March 2017 at 8:38PM
    calicocat wrote: »
    So are you doing the wallpapering yourself MUN ?..or have I missed that bit of info on the thread ?. I'm impressed if you are, that is one thing I would be getting help with or paying for as don't think I would be very good at that. Painting is probably my limit decorating wise . I can't even do gloss painting, what a ruddy chore that is, and I am absolutely pants at it the one time I tried it.

Good job on the flat pack builder finding,it does take the headache out of it, especially if it is something big. I wanted to slit my wrists doing a load of stuff I had bought for one room, I did feel smug after, but to be fair, having someone else do it I would have felt just as happy. :D. The smug bit came from a mates hubby who came to put the doors on the first bit, then assumed he would be asked back to do the rest........ not, as I watched like a hawk.

I totally get the being too independent bit, I am told that by friends hubbys all the time . Sometimes you just have to accept help though, and take it in the way it is meant. Everyone is good at doing different things. It would be a boring world otherwise.

Yep I'm doing all the painting and decorating in the living room,Ive already done the hallway!
    Today I did all of the painting,well the undercoat anyway,once I get home from work tomorrow I,ll be able to gloss it all.Im aiming to get it all painted by tomorrow night then on Tuesday I will start the wallpapering
    .I spent years doing my own painting and decorating but when he came into my life we shared this chore.Dont get me wrong I loathe painting and decorating with a passion but I know I can do it so I didn't bother looking for a decorator.
    My wallpaper is ace!! I saw some lovely stuff for half price at The Range so I took a bit away to check in my home.When I went back it had gone :((lesson learned) so I ended up getting a nice one again with sprinkles of glitter and a really expensive one for my main wall.
    He would hate my choice,that I know for sure but it dosent matter because I love it so to hell with him.As for my new furniture,he would hate that too.lol
    How the heck did Edward put that picci on his post??Id love to show my stuff to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure