Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 35Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 13
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 13th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 3,380 Posts
    • 1,784 Thanks
    MABLE
    Have now got everything set up online, including the app. Also very easy to order the card reader. Just waiting now for the switch to complete and this on the 18 Feb.

I will then pay in the 1500 and will leave in the account for a few days before redrawing it.
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 14th Jan 18, 12:51 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    It really does seem to be a bit hit & miss whether an account is opened immediately or not, whether you're asked to upload ID, or not, whether you get email or not etc etc.
    Originally posted by badger09
    I found opening an account was possibly the most pain free I've known to do, so far. Very nice having my account number and sort code immediately.

Easiest switch application for an incentive that I've done
    Originally posted by The Boss
    Halifax is certainly the quickest I've had a bonus pay out from initial application. This rates highly on getting an account set up and a switch in progress, but until I have the bonus, I couldn't say how good it is for the complete process.

Marks and Spencer's rate the worse. Applied on 2nd Jan. Today I got paperwork asking for a signature to send back, before my account would be opened. In this day and age that's actually ridiculous.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 14th Jan 18, 8:04 AM
    • 8,745 Posts
    • 7,553 Thanks
    colsten
    I found opening an account was possibly the most pain free I've known to do, so far. Very nice having my account number and sort code immediately.
    Originally posted by binaryuniverse
    Does the new account show online for you? Mine doesn't yet. I opened it on Friday evening. I got my account number but no emails or secure messages. No confirmation for my switch request, either, as of yet.
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 14th Jan 18, 8:09 AM
    • 1,686 Posts
    • 1,030 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    I just tried to apply and received a message saying the service is temporarily unavailable please try later.
    • wizzywig27
    • By wizzywig27 14th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 998 Posts
    • 693 Thanks
    wizzywig27
    After uploading my ID at approx 4pm on Friday Iíve heard nothing since. I know itís a weekend so didnít expect much but I at least expected something to say they are fine and have been accepted.

Last time I opened an account with them it was instant!
    • Nationwide8
    • By Nationwide8 14th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 282 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    Nationwide8
    Yes, you get straight to step 2 of login
    Originally posted by retrieverjc
    Thank you.Still nervous of the whole set up.

Can't imagine this incentive will last much longer They must have been inundated.
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 3,806 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Marks and Spencer's rate the worse. Applied on 2nd Jan. Today I got paperwork asking for a signature to send back, before my account would be opened. In this day and age that's actually ridiculous.
    At the moment that is my experience of NatWest - although I've not had to wait 12 days for the paperwork (yet).

As an existing customer applying via online banking I've been told my signature is required to confirm that I do actually want to open a current account with them, and yes, they kindly confirmed they do already have my signature on file from when I opened a savings account with them.

As others have said, the process is a bit hit and miss. The same can be said for most banks, I found M&S to be one of the quickest.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • binaryuniverse
    • By binaryuniverse 14th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 295 Thanks
    binaryuniverse
    Does the new account show online for you? Mine doesn't yet. I opened it on Friday evening. I got my account number but no emails or secure messages. No confirmation for my switch request, either, as of yet.
    Originally posted by colsten

Yes. I've had customer number, which was displayed at time of applying, and can login with the pin I set up, again at time of application. Can see the test payment I made in. Switch should be done on 19th.
    • PerfectMess
    • By PerfectMess 14th Jan 18, 12:19 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PerfectMess
    Just wondered if anyone knows what would happen if I switch a sole account for this reward then switched a joint account?
    Would I get the reward for the sole switch then my partner still be eligible for a reward when switching the joint? If not does anyone know if hsbc, first direct or m&s would honour both.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 14th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 29,654 Posts
    • 17,612 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    Just wondered if anyone knows what would happen if I switch a sole account for this reward then switched a joint account?
    Would I get the reward for the sole switch then my partner still be eligible for a reward when switching the joint? If not does anyone know if hsbc, first direct or m&s would honour both.
    Originally posted by PerfectMess
    You could be lucky if she was first named on the joint (remember, she'd also need to be first named on the account being switched).

But why risk it? Much safer to get them to switch a sole too. Or at the very least, ask NatWest...not random strangers on the internet.

Can't answer for the other banks from experience, but I'd suggest the same approach as above.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 14th Jan 18, 1:07 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 5,008 Thanks
    badger09
    I'm glad its been so easy for some, but definitely not for others - me included

I got another email, well 2 exactly the same actually 30 minutes apart, telling me about my customer number, despite all the previous emails bearing a different customer number

I'm still a little concerned over the 'your address & mobile number have been changed' messages
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 14th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 3,806 Posts
    • 7,749 Thanks
    EachPenny
    I'm still a little concerned over the 'your address & mobile number have been changed' messages
    I changed my mobile number a while back, I'm still getting messages about it, so this might just be one of those 'system' things.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 14th Jan 18, 2:16 PM
    • 4,721 Posts
    • 2,345 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . I'm still a little concerned over the 'your address & mobile number have been changed' messages
    Quite right to be concerned, if you ask me. I'm sure you'll be on to that one asap.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 14th Jan 18, 3:06 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 438 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    Well, so far, so good for me; Iíve just applied for a Select account for my husband, received a sort code, a/c number, customer number and can login to the internet banking and mobile app. Not too bad for a Sunday afternoon and hasnít necessitated my having to ring them and kick up the obligatory stink to get what I want!! Just waiting for them to set the account up on line (two working days). I havenít bothered with the card reader at present as weíve got a draw full of them from various banks and I would imagine they will all work with NatWest.

How refreshing!!
    It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 14th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 29,654 Posts
    • 17,612 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    How refreshing!!
    Originally posted by Missus Hyde
    We just need RBS to come up with the same offer, swiftly followed by a Barclays offer, and then for Halifax to move their "since January 2012" clause forward a few years!

But I'm not holding my breath (although I am holding 3 donor accounts ).
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 14th Jan 18, 4:29 PM
    • 3,989 Posts
    • 38,238 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Ha, I don't have a customer number or anything else.... but I'm patient!

Don't have any donor accounts left!
    Maybe ought to open another ? just incase something else comes along for which I qualify (or perhaps FD will remove their clause excluding all previous customers!!)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!

If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling .... Entrant 8 ... £.00!
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 14th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Switched one my many Nationwide accounts

Thanks Natwest!! Amazed they have an offer AND they've even included existing customers!
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/15
    Capital One - Jul 16, £3,750 Never ending 0%....
    Aqua Reward (£1,950), Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (£1,000) & Asda Start (£600) + Car (£15k)
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
    • badger09
    • By badger09 14th Jan 18, 4:51 PM
    • 5,561 Posts
    • 5,008 Thanks
    badger09
    I changed my mobile number a while back, I'm still getting messages about it, so this might just be one of those 'system' things.
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    That's what I'm assuming at the moment.

Quite right to be concerned, if you ask me. I'm sure you'll be on to that one asap.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    When I get everything set up, I'll investigate further. I've already received some paperwork and texts so am not too worried.

At the moment no-one, including me, can do anything with this account anyway
    • harz99
    • By harz99 14th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 2,536 Posts
    • 2,477 Thanks
    harz99
    After getting the ID request message and email Friday, finally managed to upload passport page photo after 4 different photos and numerous attempts. Ticked box for e-signature now just have to wait 3-5 working days for confirmation or further details request.

Still prefer going into branch!

Reading some of the previous posts set me thinking about security/identity - anybody else think this electronic uploading malarkey really isn't much use to prove identity as anyone could have in their possession your physical passport/driving licence etc. whether temporarily or permanently. Face to face is much safer IMHO.
    • Somerset La La La
    • By Somerset La La La 14th Jan 18, 5:03 PM
    • 461 Posts
    • 144 Thanks
    Somerset La La La
    Very strange wording. Pretty sure they don't have my signature (unless they lifted it off my passport), so if they want a signature they'll presumably send me 1 x signature request and 1 x signature verification!?

If the debit card & DOB were right.... I don't need to sign?? Haven't had an email yet but presuming it's not automated?

What happens next?
    We will process your switch application in accordance with your instructions.

If we are unable to verify your Date of Birth and / or the last 4 digits of your NatWest Debit card, or if you do not have a debit card, we will post you a confirmation letter that details the switching request you have made and include a copy of the Switch Leaflet.

All you need to do is sign and return this letter using the pre-paid envelope provided and the switch request will commence on receipt.
    Ex-Bankrupt, Discharged 09/15
    Capital One - Jul 16, £3,750 Never ending 0%....
    Aqua Reward (£1,950), Vanquis Chrome 24.7% (£1,000) & Asda Start (£600) + Car (£15k)
    Rebuild for Mortgage (10/2018)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

454Posts Today

4,481Users online

Martin's Twitter