TSB cashback question

I have the classic plus account & in 2016 there was the offer of 5% cashback on contactless payments but i'm sure this was until 31st December 2016 only. As such, any chance i had to pay via contactless i would use that card.

But today i get a letter through from TSB saying how much cashback i had earned on contactless payments (i'm fairly sure the amount they quoted is well under what i've had) but that it was only until February 2017 and i can continue to earn up to £5 cashback "every month until September 2017".

Was it always Sept 2017? Did they extend it? Where have i got 31st Dec 2016 from (in regards to this contactless cashback)?

If it's an offer that has been extended then i'll go back to using it.

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,031
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Was it always Sept 2017? Did they extend it? Where have i got 31st Dec 2016 from (in regards to this contactless cashback)?

It depends when you opened your account. I've had mine since they first launched the Classic Plus and the offer did expire December/January, -I can't remember the exact date. If you only opened your account last summer the deadline is September this year.

I've had a similar letter to you, but mine doesn't say anything about cashback being available up to Sept 2017 on it. It just tells me that I'm still earning 3% interest.
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Cashback on the first £100 of contactless payments was available to 31st December 2016 for accounts opened before 1 June 2016, and until 30 September 2017 for accounts opened between 1 June 2016 and 28 February 2017.
  • I wonder if they've made a mistake then because I have 2 accounts & they were both opened in 2015 I'm sure. At any rate they were well before June 2016.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,146
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I had a TSB letter yesterday, telling me how much I'd earned using contactless and that I was still earning 3% on £1500. My account was opened in March last year and it definitely didn't say anything about continuing to earn using contactless.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have the classic plus account & in 2016 there was the offer of 5% cashback on contactless payments but i'm sure this was until 31st December 2016 only. As such, any chance i had to pay via contactless i would use that card.

But today i get a letter through from TSB saying how much cashback i had earned on contactless payments (i'm fairly sure the amount they quoted is well under what i've had) but that it was only until February 2017 and i can continue to earn up to £5 cashback "every month until September 2017".

Did you get any cashback for January paid in February, or February March for that matter, or didn't you try using it?

Mine stopped in December but i closed and then opened a new account to get the switching bonus in February. The new account is giving contactless cashback which I assume will continue until September.
  • bigadaj wrote: »
    Did you get any cashback for January paid in February, or February March for that matter, or didn't you try using it?

Mine stopped in December but i closed and then opened a new account to get the switching bonus in February. The new account is giving contactless cashback which I assume will continue until September.

I did notice some cash back payment in february which I thought was strange. It's not even my main card & I took it out of my wallet on 1st Jan actually.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure