Open Up to Me - A Savings Diary

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Stick to your guns with your mum, remember she loves you but you have to pay ridiculous amounts for those extras and it's a bit daft if you wont enjoy it.

Well done on appraisal and being a bridesmaid! that's really nice. Sorry about shifts - that's difficult.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    I agree - it's YOUR wedding so you do whatever you want to! A bunch of my friends are planning their weddings at the moment and it makes me so mad when they consider going into debt to pay for something they don't want but their family does...
  • Thanks for the moral support :D

I had to get up at 7 to take C to work. On my way to work I practically drive past the door to his workplace so it's not a problem on weekdays but on the weekends I have to get up specially, he could get the bus on weekdays but at weekends they don't start early enough. Typical, right?

At least he has a job. :)

I went shopping at ASDA with my mum, when I eventually crawled out of bed again, she spent £188 :eek: That's for four of us for a week. She did get a few bits for my grandma and a new top but it still seems a lot.

I went to see my grandparents in the afternoon. My grandpa seemed more animated and alert than I've seen him for a while, apparently the speech therapist came on Friday and was amazed at how quickly he'd recovered. My grandma says she can't detect any problem with his speech now. So it looks like he's going to be okay this time. :j

My dad was popping to the pub when I got back so I went with him. I had a pint and a half of a very nice porter. My dad bought the first round but had got himself another before I finished mine so I just paid for the half. £1.70 is slightly more than half what a pint cost but I was given slightly more than half a pint. :beer: It helps when you know the landlord ;)

In the evening I did what I've done most Saturday nights since I was 8, play a fantasy table top RPG with my parents and some family friends. :D This also involves eating far too many crisps and I finished off the beer from New Years Eve.

Today C is working again but has Monday and Tuesday off, he's then working Wednesday and Thursday nights. We're having my Granny over for Sunday Lunch and going to see my cousin, his partner and baby at 3.
    No. 30 on Save 12k in 2018 £20,218.75/£20,000
    No. 90 on Save 12k in 2017 £19,650.21/£15,000
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Nice for your to see the family, enjoy.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Hello!

I've taken lunch into work all week except today when I forgot :(

Monday was a NSD :)

Tuesday I had to fill up the car (116.9p per litre at Sainsbury's in the town I work in) and get birthday presents for C's sister-in-law and niece. Smellies for SIL and a TY dog for niece (she's going to be 3). It came to £12 (the smellies were half price) but I had a £10 voucher. :D

C went into town to play Magic the Gathering with some friends and I joined them in the evening. (£2 for the car park).

Wednesday was quiz night (£2 entry, £3.80 for a pint of cider, 80p for crisps). We came third ( :) ) so we won £12 between the five of us. I also bought a Blu-Ray for my dad's birthday present, his birthday's on Friday. (£8.99)

C had his first night shift of the year on Wednesday and has another tonight. Then he's off until Monday.

Today was a NSD too. (I had cereal bars in my desk.) My parents are out so I'm going to watch Death in Paradise on the big telly :D
  • P.S I got my Tesco's Current Account set up and transferred the money into it from my Club Lloyds. I need to rearrange my Standing Orders to include it. :beer:
  • bobobski
    bobobski Posts: 771 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    P.S I got my Tesco's Current Account set up and transferred the money into it from my Club Lloyds. I need to rearrange my Standing Orders to include it. :beer:

Well done, these accounts are great! If you mean standing orders for minimum monthly pay-ins, don't forget this isn't a requirement with the Tesco current account. If you mean a different standing order, ignore me :)
  • bobobski wrote: »
    Well done, these accounts are great! If you mean standing orders for minimum monthly pay-ins, don't forget this isn't a requirement with the Tesco current account. If you mean a different standing order, ignore me :)

They exist to meet the minimum pay-ins on my other accounts. I'm going to add Tesco's to the list to sweep up the interest.

Plus I like it that they're all linked up in a ring. I'm not mad I promise. :p
  • I've had a busy weekend.

Friday was a NSD, had a nice night in with C as my mum and dad went out. Then my sister turned up to surprise my dad for his birthday.

Saturday C and I went on a pub crawl with my dad and sister. In the evening we played D&D again. Total spend £10.20.

On Sunday we played in a MTG event and ordered pizza, there was a half price offer on so mine was £5.50.

Yesterday I had to fill the car up (118.4p per litre) and today I had to get C some juice for his vaper. I used my 25% off voucher.
  • I haven't got a lot to report today. We've been really busy at work which did mean that I didn't have a chance to go out at all, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were NSDs.

Saturday I took my granny shopping and had to fill the car up. ASDA in my hometown is at 117.7p per litre so it will be interesting what Sainsbury's in the town I work in is at on Monday.

Saw my other grandparents today and it sounds like we're going to the pub for a roast dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family