Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Bristol_Energy
    Bristol_Energy Posts: 4 Organisation Representative
    Fialle wrote: »
    I echo the warning - AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID Bristol Energy! Submitted a switch (gas) to Bristol Energy over 3 weeks ago but have not had any contact from them - no idea what is happening and when the supply will transfer. Chased this a week ago and was promised a response within 5 days and lo and behold those 5 days are now up and still no contact from them. I have no idea if the switch is going through or not. If this is how they treat customers during the important honeymoon period when they take their new business, then I fear what the next 12 months will hold. If I knew how bad they are I would not have gone near them with a barge pole. Totally unacceptable service - they don't deserve our business.

Hi Fialle

Sorry to hear you had such an unsatisfactory first impression of us. It looks as though you submitted to switch just as we were setting up the business, when it was challenging for us to keep up with the rapid influx in customer demand. We have employed numerous measures since March ’16 to improve our customer service and ensure we offer all customers the service they deserve. We entirely agree that all customers should receive exceptional service from the moment they first make contact with us, as well as throughout their time with us. We’re sorry this is not the experience you initially received from us, and we trust your issues have now been resolved and that you are satisfied with the customer service you have since received from us.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Bristol Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Bristol_Energy
    glider3560 wrote: »
    I've been with them for about 6 weeks now.

Been locked out of my online account twice. First time was unlocked easily. This time, there's been no reply to my email.

Definitely not got the password wrong and the error messages are useless.

Phoned them up, but apparently they can only access accounts between 9am and 5pm on Monday-Friday. It seems as though they employ a telephone answering service to pick up calls outside these times.

Not a very good company for those who work 9-5 and want to adminster their account during the evenings and weekends.

Hi glider3560,

We’re sorry you’ve been having some problems with your online account and for the inconvenience this will have caused. Unfortunately, we did encounter a few initial issues with our online systems, all of which we believe have now been resolved by our web developers. We are also sorry to hear you’ve had trouble contacting our customer service and that you never received a reply to our email. We agree that this is unacceptable and we are continuously recruiting more Customer Service Advisors to keep up with customer demand and ensure all emails are responded to swiftly. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to extend our Contact Centre opening hours outside 9-5 weekdays, but this is something we hope to be in a position to address very soon. If you are still experiencing issues with your online account please do not hesitate to email our customer care team at customercare@Bristol-Energy.co.uk who will only be too happy to help resolve the issue.
    I am the official company representative of Bristol Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi glider3560,

We’re sorry you’ve been having some problems with your online account and for the inconvenience this will have caused. Unfortunately, we did encounter a few initial issues with our online systems, all of which we believe have now been resolved by our web developers. We are also sorry to hear you’ve had trouble contacting our customer service and that you never received a reply to our email. We agree that this is unacceptable and we are continuously recruiting more Customer Service Advisors to keep up with customer demand and ensure all emails are responded to swiftly. Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to extend our Contact Centre opening hours outside 9-5 weekdays, but this is something we hope to be in a position to address very soon. If you are still experiencing issues with your online account please do not hesitate to email our customer care team at [EMAIL="customercare@Bristol-Energy.co.uk"]customercare@Bristol-Energy.co.uk[/EMAIL] who will only be too happy to help resolve the issue.
    Thanks for the reply. A few hours after posting here (late in the evening), someone (presumably from home) sent me an email to get it all resolved. Presumably they read my post here and tied it up to my account. All is good now and the teething issues seem to have disappeared.
  • Bristol_Energy
    glider3560 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. A few hours after posting here (late in the evening), someone (presumably from home) sent me an email to get it all resolved. Presumably they read my post here and tied it up to my account. All is good now and the teething issues seem to have disappeared.

Great! Glad to hear everything was sorted.
  • Switching both Gas and Electricity to Bristol Energy from British Gas.

The Electricity switched fine took approx 3 weeks 18th July signed up switched 8th August.

Gas we are still waiting for Bristol Energy to get hold of the supply from British Gas. British Gas initially denied the transfer, then transferred the wrong supply (erroneous transfer), now Bristol Energy have put the switching date back 3 more weeks and told me the tariff I signed upto is no longer available. I will be put on a tariff which is over 10% higher.

The process has been a nightmare, I have been shafted by British Gas because I have been left on their highest tariff for 4.5 months and Bristol Energy, who are no longer offering the tariff I signed upto.

The switch has already cost many emails, telephone calls and probably about £70 in lost energy savings.

Now you know why people are afraid to switch!
  • Magenta
    Magenta Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ailin wrote: »
    Hey Magenta, do you have any update?

So far so good! I will let you know how things go.
    :smileyheaMagenta
  • chiny
    chiny Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Eons ago, well decades anyway up to 1947, there were 100s of individual electricity companies, often at city/town level. These used to generate electricity, distribute it and bill customers, called "vertical integration" in management-speak today. Perhaps we are reverting.

Bristol Energy are cheapest for my annual switch next month. I hope they don't want to supply me with pre-1947 lack-of-standards electricity, perhaps at 110 volts DC :cool:
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,564 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am still very satisfied with my Bristol Energy supply, no problems. I am often away overseas and unable to make regular readings when requested but it seems not to matter. Last month I again had to submit a reading that was lower than the previous estimated reading, because of low use while away, but this time it was accepted online and I had no need to call. I sent an email to notify them of the reason in case it was queried, they replied a few days later that there was no problem. Let's see if I can get a good enough deal to stay with them when my fixed tariff ends late February...
    Evolution, not revolution
  • chiny
    chiny Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Switch done, on the date originally estimated. Meter readings were requested 5 days previously, had to be sent by email and were ignored. A second set of readings was requested today and entered on the web site so perhaps accepted.

I notice the tariff I signed up to, is cheapest but is no longer available.

So far, so good.
  • Huge dissapointment!
    Never answered my letters on delayed gas switch. It's been 2 months already...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback