The All NEW Countdown To Christmas 2016 Thread

Comments

• 171 days to go!

:xmastree:

So how is everyone getting on with the Christmas shopping?

I have started last month, bought in 4 gifts so far. All are for my DH & my Mum.

My plan is this year to get everything from websites like Groupon, Itison, Living Social Deals etc etc or on the sale.

Also trying to buy in 1 or 2 things every month so that hopefully all I have to pick up in December is stuff for the kids, I don't want to buy them just now because they change their minds that often on what toys they like :rotfl:

Bought my friends wee boy his favourite toy the other day which was Shopkins only to be told that he now doens't like them & he is back in with Thomas the tank engine, cue me running back to the shop to see if I could exchange or get a refund. Thankfully they just refunded me no bother :p

Dxxx
  • I have to join in this thread. It's Christmas and cats. Two of my favourite things. If only i could work out how to attach a photo i'd dig out my kitty in her Santa outfit.
    We are now nearer to Christmas than we are the beginning of this year. i think i'm allowed to feel a bit festive. I'll be watching the QVC Christmas stuff on friday and Saturday on the US channel. Can't order it, but can feel in the mood. Our one isn't til the 25th. Ages off!
    I just went for a play in the present cupboard and added a few things, it's looking nice and healthy. Seems to have more smellies and boots gift sets than anything else, but they always get used. Not picked anything up in the sales for it, but i keep looking.

I have a god start on my christmas food cupboard too. Getting a few bits a week to save money later, anything that won't go out of date. Got lots of chutneys (because it's always antipasti and cheeses and crackers here), boxes of chocolates and biscuits. Ooh, got some lovely Anthon Berg cocktail selection chocolates on thursday. Should have been £12, got them for £2.50! Plus i got several boxes of crackers, napkins, new christmassy place mats and things like that that i forgot about in the sales last year and found under the stairs while having a sort out.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • I have to join in this thread. It's Christmas and cats. Two of my favourite things. If only i could work out how to attach a photo i'd dig out my kitty in her Santa outfit.
    We are now nearer to Christmas than we are the beginning of this year. i think i'm allowed to feel a bit festive. I'll be watching the QVC Christmas stuff on friday and Saturday on the US channel. Can't order it, but can feel in the mood. Our one isn't til the 25th. Ages off!
    I just went for a play in the present cupboard and added a few things, it's looking nice and healthy. Seems to have more smellies and boots gift sets than anything else, but they always get used. Not picked anything up in the sales for it, but i keep looking.

I have a god start on my christmas food cupboard too. Getting a few bits a week to save money later, anything that won't go out of date. Got lots of chutneys (because it's always antipasti and cheeses and crackers here), boxes of chocolates and biscuits. Ooh, got some lovely Anthon Berg cocktail selection chocolates on thursday. Should have been £12, got them for £2.50! Plus i got several boxes of crackers, napkins, new christmassy place mats and things like that that i forgot about in the sales last year and found under the stairs while having a sort out.

Excellent, you are already so much more organised than me!

I only think about presents never food & all that other stuff you have. It always ends up so expensive aswell so might start buying wee bits & bobs in.

We usually go out for Christmas dinner but its handy to take to my Mums on boxing day too.

Dxxx
  • Happy_One
    Happy_One Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I started buying bits and pieces last week end at a church summer fair, picked up some nice games and books for the Granndies Christmas parcels, I don't buy 'junk' they were all new looking.Also got things for adults gifts,like to make up a basket or bag with things that I know each person will like.Later in the year I make jams and chutneys and knit things like gloves and scarves,fingerless mittens and tea cosies were a big hit last year Very nice diaries and calendars at all the pound shops, not many people wouldn't like one of these
  • Hi,
    I am so pleased to find this thrread as no-one here will talk about Chritmas yet :eek: and i,d talk about it all year round lol,

I have quite a lot in already but need to check as i,ve not looked at them for over a month and you forget what you have lol.

I do a few Hampers and i think i may have the about finished as i pick things up for them as they are on offer and got lots in the sale, also got my niece a Pandora neclace on ebay which was a real bargain--as i say i need to check as i,m sure to have forgot about stuff i have in,

I have a 15 year old Nephew who loves Games of Thrones so looking into stuff on that for him at the moment.

Oh! so nice to be able to talk about it all and know i won,t get dirty looks or comments at me lol,
  • No dirty looks from me. I could do Christmas and Christmas music right now! All year!
    Ordered a new tree yesterday. Should be here soon. I'll have to build it and check the lights before taking it down. I thought now was the best time to order a new one. Cheapest time as nobody else is bothering. So I got a really nice 7 foot pre lit tree for £33 :)
  • There was some Trees in BHS yesterday--no prices on just amongst the fixtures they were selling--i got a new tree last year so did,nt ask prices,
  • OMG everyone is so organised! I felt like a weirdo buying little bits for my daughter last month cos I was getting a bargain.

She likes those little live pets but at 2yrs old I think she wont appreciate them but someone was selling a £30 set for a tenner! It would have been rude not to!

And argos just reduced a £45 buggy set down to £30 so that's in the cupboard too!

But you guys have well & truly put me to shame.....I bow down to your greatness!!
  • You're probably the normal one and I'm one of the OTT people. So don't worry.
    Been buying presents to put away for my daughter. AND SHE ISN'T BORN TIL NEXT MONTH! She has loads of toys and presents and clothes waiting for her now, but I got extras to put away for Christmas. And I'm sure in the boots Christmas sale I'll get 1 year + toys for next year and add them to the present cupboard.
  • Ah I'm so happy that we can have a wee chit chat in here without the judgement :rotfl:

I'm usually in the DFW boards & haven't really spoke about Christmas much over there other than in my own diary.

I paid for breakfast with Santa at Dobbies for my 2 nephews & my niece this morning. It always sells out so quickly & managed to get it booked for Christmas Eve, I am sooooooo happy!!!

Trying to think of what else I have in........
    DH - Harris Tweed washbag & belt (itison deal)

Mum - Harris Tweed handbag (itison deal) handbag (sale in Matalan) top (sale in Wallis)

Neice age 15 - purse (regift) victorias secret spray & moisturiser (regift)

Nephew age 3 - Mario toy set (BM bargains) Breakfast with Santa at Dobbies

Niece age 2 - shopping basket filled with groceries (sale in Sainsburys) Breakfast with Santa at Dobbies

Nephew age 4 - Breakfast with Santa at Dobbies

Think that is all I have in so far, hoping to pick up bits & bobs when I see them in the sale over the next few months :money:

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport