Tonight with Trevor McDonald - 16th August

Comments

• Pat__3
    Pat__3 Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    That family with the £10000 in their current account and pay £9 a month or whatever didn't seem too eager to change.

BTW Did anyone else find themselves shouting at the people featured telling them what they need to be doing like when you're watching football? I scare myself sometimes.

Yes i agree. ::)
    They did'nt look bothered either way did they,sounded like they had more money than sense.
    To have that much money in the current account ??? to me they must have lots more stashed somewhere, and they were'nt tellin :-X.

;)
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    well i have just watched it and after all that no ads ???

anyway, very good but thought that rich family couldnt really be bothered with it. well its there money at the end of the day, they might just wish they had listened more carefully if thind go wrong. i just hope we read them wrong and they did do something about it. :)
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    And if you have time go into BBC Radio2 and listen to Jeremy Vine today at 12.00 as Martin was on the phone.  I missed the start and only came in as Martin finished.  The next caller called him "intimidating", lol.  It was about buying savings stamps I think.

Ta for the heads-up. I see the BBC Listen Again site has tried to make it even harder for Opera users to use since last week (the JavaScript now checks for Opera and deliberately blocks it), nevertheless I'm downloading it now.

edit: - Astonishing. The number of calls and emails criticising Martin and supporting the PO's 0% account, outnumbered those who would use a proper account by around 2 to 1. Who are these people that refuse to save money when it's handed to them on a plate? Unbelievable.
  • gremlin
    gremlin Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Astonishing. The number of calls and emails criticising Martin and supporting the PO's 0% account, outnumbered those who would use a proper account by around 2 to 1. Who are these people that refuse to save money when it's handed to them on a plate? Unbelievable.
    [/quote]

i suppose thats why sites like this are needed mrtickle - its unbelievable how many peole are so stuck in their ways and believe the tripe theyre fed by companies.

It should be renamed uncommon sense!

xx
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye" - Miss Piggy
  • mini
    mini Posts: 833 Forumite
    BTW Did anyone else find themselves shouting at the people featured telling them what they need to be doing like when you're watching football? I scare myself sometimes.

I found myself shouting NO when he showed the old(er) lady what she could have spent her money on, I could hear Jim Bowen saying "Take a look at what you could have won"

What happened to the Smart car ??? Did I miss the update on Martin's life board, or find Martin a bargain convertible hunt ??? ;)
  • divadee
    divadee Posts: 10,609 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I found myself shouting NO when he showed the old(er) lady what she could have spent her money on, I could hear Jim Bowen saying "Take a look at what you could have won"

What happened to the Smart car ??? Did I miss the update on Martin's life board, or find Martin a bargain convertible hunt ??? ;)

lmao i did think it was a bit mean getting the 'fake' airline tickets out and now youve said that i can hear jim bowen to ;D
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I'm so glad I watched this time...even though I thought I'd sorted everything out I could ,in regards to our finances.
    After watching the show I realised my hubby has an account that his war pension is paid into and we had no clue what rate it was on................turns out it's rubbish.

So off I go to move it ;D ;D
  • mrtickle
    mrtickle Posts: 187 Forumite
    The scene with the aeroplane tickets should really have ended with Martin tearing them up and shrugging his shoulders. It was so leading up to it, but then it didn't happen! Was it filmed but not shown I wonder? :D
  • gremlin
    gremlin Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    just out of curiosity id like to know how was it decided who would receive martins advice on the show. After all the 'rich' family just seemed so uninterested. Martin was sitting giving them the benefit of his advice and they just shrugged their shoulders and said i suppose we should change accounts - to save 600 quid.

It would have been so much better (IMHO) to see a young family who actually valued the advice being given to them and maybe help make a difference to their lives.

thats just my opinion - dunno what you all think ;D

xx
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye" - Miss Piggy
  • Gabs27
    Gabs27 Posts: 64 Forumite
    I found it worrying that a 21 year old could have about £25,000 of debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills