PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone else having problem with Aldi Washing powder?

About to run out in a mo, but wanted to ask before I forget , again!!
I have used Fairy for years because of kids with eczema.
I got some Almat powder from Aldi the other week, but the bloomin stuff just sticks in the washer drawer every time.
I took the drawer out the other day and gave it a good clean, but it is still doing it.
I had a bit of Fairy left, so have just done a couple of washes with that and it works perfectly.
I do find that it's also bothering the kids' skin, so will have to go back to Fairy again, but it doesn't really get the clothes very clean and doesn't have a nice smell.
Any ideas what else I could use instead? Can I make gloop even for kids with sensitive skin?
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lidl bio is good, and I think their non-bio (from what I remember) is pretty decent too.
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Bold powder is the only one I can use (eczema here too) although found recently I can use Stardrops instead.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    sounds like they have changed their forumlation (perhaps they are asda smartprice re-branded - we all know it happens).........see my ASDA smartprice powder thread for my info (sorry gotta go back to work so can't hunt it out at the mo)
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    I've just done a load with the almat non bio powder. Just checked the drawer and there's a tiny bit left that hasn't washed away. I bought this box a few ago though. It's worth a post on the aldi facebook page, the service is excellent.

I used to use fairy too
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sounds like they have changed their forumlation (perhaps they are asda smartprice re-branded - we all know it happens).........see my ASDA smartprice powder thread for my info (sorry gotta go back to work so can't hunt it out at the mo)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4322559

There you go :)
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Surprisingly enough the Waitrose Essentials washing powder doesn't cost much more than the Aldi one and it's really good (I use the one for colours) :)
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    I've just done a load with the almat non bio powder. Just checked the drawer and there's a tiny bit left that hasn't washed away. I bought this box a few ago though. It's worth a post on the aldi facebook page, the service is excellent.

I used to use fairy too

I'm not getting a tiny bit left, I would say at least half is left in a lump in the drawer. I've tried using less, but still get some left.

Will maybe see if I can get a sample of Bold if that seems okay for eczema. Perhaps they would be lovely enough to send me a wee sample to try rather than buying a whole box and finding it's not good for the kids.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • dianasnan
    dianasnan Posts: 584
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    same here, I had so much powder left in the drawer that I started putting it directly into the drum.

this was the 2 in 1 lavender one.

apart from that works well
  • We all suffer here with itchy skin if we use anything other than Fairy which is annoying as it is the only branded powder that rarely have regular offers on, unlike Daz, Persil, Bold etc., However, recently, Sainsbury's have been having offers on it. The last one was a 10 wash box @ £4.20 which was on offer at 2 for £4!.

The offer before that was buy a £12-odd box for £7 which gave me extra money to try Fairy liquitabs for the first time. Have you tried them? They were a revealation for me as they actually have a smell, unlike the powder which is neutral.

I may be mad, but I do have "fresh washing smell envy" when I can smell powder on people that are close up to me :rotfl:

You pop the tabs into the drum as well, so you won't have any build-up in the drawer.

HTH

TMD xx
    Decluttering junk and debt in 2016
    Debts - Vanquis £3500 1/1/16; DFD - when I'm dead with £100,000,000+ interest :eek: UPDATED Feb 2016 £2739.80; DFD June 2016 :j
    Next - £1500 1/1/16 DFD about 10 years time. UPDATED Feb 2016 £1371.16; DFD July 2016 :j
    THE GOAL IS TO HAVE NO DEBT BY THE END OF 2016
  • unixgirluk wrote: »
    found recently I can use Stardrops instead.

Think I must be the only person who's allergic to *drops :( - my Eczema flared up really badly when I used it for cleaning.

Interestingly, I also can't use Fairy (which I know is supposed to be gentle).

I do also find that I have better results - skin wise! - with using washing liquids or gels.

Not sure if this is because they dissolve better & are therefore rinsed out better?
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure