iphone insurance - insurance2go

Hi,

I've just bought an iphone 3gs and decided I wasn't particularly up for paying the £10/£15 a month O2 offered. What are the best options for me? Housing insurance doesn't cover it and it'd be good to be covered against accidental loss, damage but particularly theft.

Insurance2go seem to be quite a good company to go with at £6 a month but I can't find a great deal about them and their excess is quite high (£100 in first 3 months, £50 afterwards).

Any other suggestions or is this the best I'll get?

Comments

• Hi my son went with CUSC fonegaurd for the same phone cost was £60 for the year not sure about the exess though but could be worth a google
    cheers
  • tam2oo5
    tam2oo5 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Have you tried your bank?, i got insurance via clydesdale account it covers 3 electronic devices upto 300. Just fone and register them with their insurer and claim when required, its a 25 excess, and the bank account cost 10 a month.

hope this helps
  • Capyboppy
    Capyboppy Posts: 449
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edbarton wrote: »
    Hi,

What are the best options for me? Housing insurance doesn't cover it and it'd be good to be covered against accidental loss, damage but particularly theft.

Any other suggestions or is this the best I'll get?

I am surprised your house insurance won't cover it. Even if you have basic contents cover, you could ask them to cover it under the "all risks" policy which you would pay an extra premium for. Or like me, have it as a specified item outside the home. I have my iphone, macbook and ipod as specified items. In fact I was very lucky as they didn't charge me any extra to have two iphones added. Happy days.
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Think I will hit :spam: Button
  • taomi
    taomi Posts: 11 Forumite
    I already have the insurance with orange, so do not really want to take out additional policies. It was just the wording of the policy I had concerns with. I know they try everything to get out of replacing these days.
  • ganonman
    ganonman Posts: 153
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I believe iprotect does a gadget insurance policy which covers more than one gadget too. But can't remember specifics and I'm off to bed so you'll have to take a look yourself. :)
    "A bank* is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."

(*Unless it's Santander. The branch says they sent you an umbrella 3 times already and don't understand why you don't have it yet and want it back right now!!!)
  • Rufff
    Rufff Posts: 65
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Antispam wrote: »
    Think I will hit :spam: Button
    Stop spamming, why announce your reporting someone? lol :p

But anyway, has anyone got any feedback on Insurance2Go - I'm looking for insurance for my phone but real feedback on these guys seems to be hard to find, I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's tried this cover
    Quote Posts: 8,042 Forumite
    tam2oo5 wrote: »
    Have you tried your bank?, i got insurance via clydesdale account it covers 3 electronic devices upto 300.
    An iPhone costs more than that.
  • I'm with Insurance2go after looking at review centre...

reviewcentre.com/products2772

There is feedback on most of the mobile phone insurance websites on there by the looks of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure