Caz counts it down

Comments

• DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Hi Caz

The PPH wording is great - really like it. Proffessional and easy to understand. You're doing fabulously and should be really proud of yourself :)

Happy Weekend.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    These Fridays are rolling around rather quickly, ]

I know, it'll soon be that C word :-)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,046
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Up proofreading until gone 11pm last night, because I took time off earlier in the evening to do my workout, eat and have a shower. I've got a shedload of work assigned for tomorrow too, which is great, but none of it has been uploaded yet, which means I can't get started early. Hopefully some of it will be done tonight or tomorrow morning.

Today wasn't too bad in Tesco - under £70 for the first time in a while. We decided not to go to the county show and went for lunch at the Park Hotel instead, which turned out to be a great decision as the skies opened just as we parked! We also thought that the barber might be quiet since it was show day, so we stopped in there and both got our hair cut! First time in 18 months for me and she only charges £9.50 to trim a couple of inches off the bottom. (I know, I'm so high maintenance.... :p)

A gorgeous local(ish) project came up on my Rightmove news feed this morning: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-45189667.html That could well make whoever buys it a lot of money, done right.

Mr Minx and I have been talking about holidays today. We definitely want to go back to Mauritius next year, to our honeymoon hotel, but he's suggested that we take a couple of weeks away and try another country on the way there or back. Since neither of us particularly want to see Dubai, the main candidates are Madagascar or the Seychelles. I'd love to go to Madagascar for the wildlife, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to persuade Mr Minx as you need a LOT more injections for there than you do for the Seychelles! I think we've just mentally spent his next year's bonus anyway.
    Home: 06/08: £145,145.00 Currently: £106,249.36 Amount paid off: £38,895.64 (26.8%)
    Ethel's: 05/18: £99,000.00 Currently: £99,000.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Tor: 05/18: £82,500.00 Currently: £82,500.00 Amount paid off: £0 (0.0%)
    Debt-free: 17/02/2017
  • cazmanian_minx
    Forumite
    I'm mid-proofreading shift and still have about 200 pages of A4 to get through, but I'm waiting for a file to load into the transcription software.

Today's been busy. Mr Minx had to take his mum to hospital this morning for an appointment to have a heart monitor fitted (yes, on a Sunday!) and although I'd really have loved to veg out on the sofa with the PS3 I haven't had a chance to play on for about a month, I went and pulled my neighbour's ragwort (these are the ones who moved away - the field on the other side of them is chocka with it, it had spread into their fields and I didn't want it getting into mine, though I found four plants in ours as well :mad::mad::mad:), did the ironing, packed up 21 orders, did my workout and then got proofreading.

If I get all this done tonight, I'm going to be £84 better off and I have another £72-worth already assigned to me for tomorrow. Could be a good week :D
    Home: 06/08: £145,145.00 Currently: £106,249.36 Amount paid off: £38,895.64 (26.8%)
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    You're going like a rocket lady!

Have a great monday and hope its as productive as you like it to be.

Ragwort is a nuisance.

Well done for pulling it up its backbreaking stuff.

:D
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Oh ragwort is just awful stuff. I have terrible clay soil and buttercups everywhere, but thank god there's no ragwort. Well done for getting it done.

We spent our honeymoon in the Seychelles. It is AMAZING. I've not been to Madagascar so can't compare but I think Seychelles protects their environment better. But of course, no lemurs in the Seychelles. I'd go back in a heartbeat. It's not cheap of course but it's not all 5 star! I can recommend all the places we stayed if you want info? The place we stayed on La Digue is owned by a Scottish guy :p

Only thing to factor into planning is flights. Aren't you an Avios user? You can't get to Seychelles on Avios unless you do as we did and go via the Middle East. Qatar out of Edinburgh to Doha is a new option as well. Sorry, going off topic there.:o
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • cazmanian_minx
    Forumite
    You're going like a rocket lady!

Have a great monday and hope its as productive as you like it to be.

Ragwort is a nuisance.

Well done for pulling it up its backbreaking stuff.

:D

Mr Minx spotted some more in their top field on his way home today, so I'll nip over for that tomorrow. It's also in the ditch over the road now, so I'm going to have to keep a very close eye on my top field next year.
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Oh ragwort is just awful stuff. I have terrible clay soil and buttercups everywhere, but thank god there's no ragwort. Well done for getting it done.

We spent our honeymoon in the Seychelles. It is AMAZING. I've not been to Madagascar so can't compare but I think Seychelles protects their environment better. But of course, no lemurs in the Seychelles. I'd go back in a heartbeat. It's not cheap of course but it's not all 5 star! I can recommend all the places we stayed if you want info? The place we stayed on La Digue is owned by a Scottish guy :p

Only thing to factor into planning is flights. Aren't you an Avios user? You can't get to Seychelles on Avios unless you do as we did and go via the Middle East. Qatar out of Edinburgh to Doha is a new option as well. Sorry, going off topic there.:o

I've got about 42,000 Avios at the moment - I suspect the way to do it would be to use those for a single to Mauritius and then pay for the other two legs. We did Maritius via Dubai from Glasgow last time and, to be honest, I think I prefer the direct all-in-one option, especially now we can fly to Heathrow from Wick - in fact, we can check in our luggage at Wick and not see it again until Mauritius, because it's all BA. I've been told that with Avios long-haul flights, it's not worth using them for economy flights because the amount you have to pay in taxes is about as much as you'd pay for a discounted flight anyway, so we're going to let the Avios build up until we've got enough for at least business class flights.

It's been a monster 24 hours of work. I finished my proofreading at 11.45 last night, except I wasn't really finished, I still had two full files to do (where full means I have to listen to the audio all the way through rather than just spot-checking for accuracy) and I really couldn't face starting them at that time, particularly since they were translator files and had a lot of 'inaudible' marks in them, even though they had a deadline of 8am this morning. They'd come in quite late, so were at the bottom of my queue, even though I was assigned them on Friday. On top of that, the weekend co-ordinator had assigned me a load more work for today, so I got up at half past six and plugged straight into the headphones. Did the first translator file, apologised to the weekday co-ordinator for the delays to everything when she got in (she took one look at my workload and told me not to worry about it!), did the second one, then another file for the same company which was urgent and then had another urgent file dropped into my queue.

At this point it was 1pm, I still had 10 files left in my queue of anything up to 1 hour 45 minutes each and I hadn't done the post. So I threw the remaining few orders into jiffy bags, dashed to the post office, snarfed down a bit of cold meat from the fridge and went back to it. The co-ordinator did offer to reassign some of my queue, but I said I was happy to keep going through it as long as she didn't mind it coming back later than 5pm, which she was fine with. In fact, she even gave me another file with a 6am deadline, even though I'm not technically on shift tonight!

After a quick break to feed the horses and throw their fly rugs back on (Finn was MOST appreciative, bless him), I went back to my final few files and ground to a halt about 20 minutes ago when I found that one had a chunk missing. Of the other two files still in my queue, one is part 2 of the one with a missing bit and the other is the one with the 6am deadline, so I'm going to do that first thing - it'll be done and dusted before the co-ordinator gets in tomorrow, I hope.

I haven't worked out how much I've earned since Friday night, but I suspect it may be over £200!

Unexpected horsey expense coming up, after I hardly needed them at all last summer, I thought I could get away without buying new fly rugs, as my home made fly spray seemed to be doing a great job. Not in this heat :( The flies were so bad yesterday that it sent the boys charging up and down the field in an effort to escape them, so I had to drag out two very tattered fly rugs and put them on. Now on the hunt for cheap replacements - there's no point in spending huge amounts because Merlin is guaranteed to shred the neck on his in under 24 hours and Finn managed to rip two completely to bits last summer (he's wearing one of them with the rip cut open and one surcingle cut off where it pulled away from the rug, so he doesn't catch his foot in it). I found the £20 ones Derby House are doing and thought that would probably be the solution, only to find they wanted as much as that again to send them up to the Highlands :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: So I'm seeing if my tack-shop-owning friend can sort me out with a deal (last time I was in there, she only had £70+ ones) and if not, I guess it's Equestrian Clearance.
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    What a hugely busy time Caz. It'll settle soon (maybe!)
    Poor boys - this heat is crazy and driving them to distraction with the flies. Rather annoying of Derby house there tho!!!
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    Forumite
    Just finished work for the day!

Tack-shop-owning friend only had a Weatherbeeta in 6'0", which she offered me for £48 instead of the RRP of £59.99, but given Finn will usually rip a fly rug within 2 weeks, I really didn't want to spend that much, and she had nothing in a 6'6" at all. So she's ordering me a couple of cheap Rhinegolds which will hopefully get here pretty quickly. Luckily we've got a breeze this evening, so the boys have been able to have them off for the night.

Now, forgive me MSE, for I have sinned :o:o:o:o There's a jacket I've had my eye on at Crew Clothing since last autumn. I've been looking out for a winter coat for a while, because I've been borrowing Mr Minx's walking jacket for the past six years and he's getting slightly fed up with it. (I do have an outdoor casual / country coat, but it's for mucking out in and I think I'd probably be arrested under some kind of public health code violation if I wore it anywhere populated!) Much as I coveted this coat, it was £265 and I thought that was a) too much to spend full stop and b) too much to ask for it for a Christmas present. So I put it out of my mind, had another little drool over it when it dropped to £150 in their spring sale, thought I still couldn't justify spending that much and resigned myself to another winter of wearing Mr Minx's jacket.

And then, today, an email dropped into my inbox. 'FINAL REDUCTIONS!!!!' it said. I thought I'd just have a quick look....and there, in stock in my size, was my lovely coat, reduced by £195 from its original price, at £75. Now, assuming that it lasts me five years, it's going to be £15 a year, so a cost per wear of pennies - Reader, I bought it :o I did go through Quidco and I got free P&P on it (but only by adding a rugby shirt to the basket - down to £30 from £70 :o:o:o:o:o:o)

I wouldn't have done it but for the fact that I totted up my proofreading invoice this morning and realised that even after taking off the 25% for tax, I was over the £500 needed to get rid of the Barclaycard next month. Today's splurge has put me back under again, but I think with the work I've done today and what I have assigned tomorrow, I should be back up there already.
  • Mara_uk7
    Mara_uk7 Posts: 1,219
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Put the guilt away, youve worked hard for it, you deserve it, it will look stunning ! Never ever wear it for horsey stuff tho ! :)
    Its just a bad day, Not a bad life .. :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport