Lidl Heidi Klum clothing range out 18th Sept.

Options
Lidl have been making a big deal about a collaboration they have done with Heidi Klum, it will be in stores next Monday 18th September, a preview is on the website now https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?id=336&week=2&ar=11 . Sizing is from 8-18 for some items, XS-L in others, prices range from £4.99 for a CAMI top to £49.99 for suede jacket. I am not an expert but I think some of this might go quick, I've had a few items of clothing from lidl in the past and have been pleased with the quality, so I may treat myself to some jeans and a hoodie.
Booo!!!

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I quite like the look of the poncho. I've got patterns reminiscent of snakeskin, tiger, zebra and leopard in my wardrobe, but nothing reticulate thus far.

Giraffe here I come :D
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Wow, the HK range is vile. It fits every supermodel stereotype with the animal print, tight tube skirts and high heels. I would not be seen dead in any of that. Normally their clothing range is quite nice.

FYI - they have organic maternity and baby clothes this week. The quality is lovely. £7.99 for maternity dresses and £4.99 for maternity leggings.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Other than being present at the publicity shoot, I doubt Ms Klum has been within 10,000 miles of them
  • TeegansNan
    Options
    Sadly it looks like a load of old tat! More for wearing on a street corner me thinks!
    Must stop spending . . . must stop spending . . .
  • flossyann
    Options
    oooh some of these look lovely, i really want the trench coat in black, and the ankle boots, in black and the bishop sleeved dress, probably in black too.

i love the pink/gold little clutch bag so might add that for a bit of colour too.

roll on the 18th..

thanks op good spot x
  • RainbowDrops
    Options
    Cor, no wonder traffic is quiet on Grabbit these days, with most posts having critical comments these days!

The suede / leather items are great value imo. Not a fan of the animal print, but there's loads of choice in the range, and if we all liked the same things, life would be boring!
    I just hope my local has a few things to choose from.

Thanks OP for sharing.
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Cor, no wonder traffic is quiet on Grabbit these days, with most posts having critical comments these days!

The suede / leather items are great value imo. Not a fan of the animal print, but there's loads of choice in the range, and if we all liked the same things, life would be boring!
    I just hope my local has a few things to choose from.

Thanks OP for sharing.

You'd have to have no conscience to buy suede or leather that cheap. It most certainly has not been ethically or sustainably produced at that price. I dread to think of the animal cruelty involved. And all to look that bad....
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• RainbowDrops
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    You'd have to have no conscience to buy suede or leather that cheap. It most certainly has not been ethically or sustainably produced at that price. I dread to think of the animal cruelty involved. And all to look that bad....

I confess that I don't look into the sustainablilty of such products, but I can't imagine it being much different to other high street fashion chains.
  • me4bargains
    Options
    Thank you OP for this. I need that suede clutch in my life!!
    Third time lucky on WW I hope :j
    January: 13st 11lb :eek:, February: 13st 2.5lb, March: 12st 13lb, April: 12st 10.5lb, May: 12st 2lb, June: 12st 1lb, July: 12st 1lb, August: 11st 11lb, September: 11st 10.5lb, October: 11st 12.5lb, Currently 11st 8lb
  • Diane_H
    Diane_H Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »

The price doesn't make any difference to the cruelty involved, there is no such thing as 'ethically produced' suede or leather. The animals that are skinned do not die peacefully in their sleep at a ripe old age. Even in British slaughter houses (which people like to delude themselves are pleasant and humane places) cause unforgiveable pain, fear and suffering. Most people could not witness what is actually involved in the production of suede and leather without feeling revulsion, let alone wearing it afterwards.
    2017 wins: *optimist*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport