Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow Cat sounds like the best day ever!!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Bob - I'm so sorry I forgot to thank you for the little pep talk. I was so overtaken by having had a good day... :o When I was in CBT, I was given a handout all about negative thinking patterns, and 'should and must' thinking is on there, along with loads of other things I regularly do (like catastrophizing, or wearing the filters). It's a good reminder not to fall into my own negative thinking.
    I think I'm just about to blow my nsd. I got an email from tcb offering £5 bonus cashback on any purchase over £10 on there. I was going to get dh some purple wrapper chocolate for Valentines and they are on there, so I might as well I think. The offer is only valid today... and I do like a bit of cashback on things I buy anyway.
    I've had a day without any thought of work today :T Got up at 7 to go training - had a good natter with my trainer about confidence etc and worked really hard. So hard that I've been really tired and achey for the rest of the day. Got home and then went out with bestie and our ds's to do a bit of shopping. Just window shopping for me though... Then tutoring this afternoon, and I'm on knitting a blanket for my dad's cat. So a day just for me really.
    We're about to try something new with ds tonight. His room, and me on a chair bed on the floor, him in his bed. Hopefully he'll fall asleep and I will sneak into my own bed. Surely it can't be that simple? Probably not to be honest but we have to try something. Fingers firmly crossed.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just popped upstairs and saw ds on the chairbed, almost asleep. I don't know whether to be excited or not.
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Fingers crossed for ds sleeping!!
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    I really hope tonight is peaceful! Well done on your great training session too!

• Sallyforth
    Options
    Go for the TCB why not. I just bought 3 pairs of M&S knickers @ £6 each but buy 3 for 2 so £13 + the fiver back and a bit of cash back so well chuffed. Needed and not wanted too. Hope the sleeping plans work out.
    Sal x
    Tilly Tidying and
    PADing in 2024 £250.62
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

RIP Mum & Dad - thanks for helping me on my journey to be
    Debt and Mortgage free from 2018

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well. Good points and bad points about last night.
    Good points are that ds stayed in his bed all night last night, but he was restless and I wasn't able to go into my own bed. That means I was on the little chair bed all night. Not as comfy as the sofa but I think for the first night we did ok. Only trouble was that we found something on Netflix that we both enjoyed so not asleep as early as we could have been unfortunately.
    I woke up a bit stiff and with a fuzzy head, which is not the best start to the day. Unfortunately the headache has hung on all day and no painkillers want to touch it. Good news is that it's not a work day.
    DD had asked me if I would take her shopping as she wanted to buy some makeup and a new gymnastics outfit, so me and the kids went into town before we went to my mam's today. Only went to superdrug, primarni and sports direct but were there for a couple of hours in total. I did spend a bit of money (on them, not me) but nothing non-essential (new socks etc). They're both thrilled with the stuff they got which is good enough for me.
    Then we went to my mam's for lunch and a bit of a catch up. Unfortunately with my headache we didn't stay as long as I'd wanted to, but it was nice to see her. She wasn't well last week so I was happy to see her more like her old self.
    Left my mam's at 4 then came home. DH is still in bed. I suspect he's sleeping off an all day hangover :angry::angry: but on the plus side there - I am not stressing that I've done something to upset him, and I've had a day of just pottering round and doing my own thing. All that remains is for me to feed the cats, make dinner and get the kids ready for school tomorrow. Then tv, and an early night (hopefully getting into my own bed at some point).
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning CCL, hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Netflix can be dangerously addictive!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well. Naughty tortie hits the headlines again today... And guess what - that money dh transferred over is well and truly broken into before payday, because once I started spending I figured I might as well go YS shopping and fuel the car up with petrol. Got a text from dh saying that naughty tortie had exited the litter tray with a trail of blood following her. Cue emergency vet trip after work with a £134 bill to be told that she has cystitis. Mind you, some quality treatment for that price, including antibiotics, fluids, steroids AND cat morphine. I remember getting triple antibiotics when I had cystitis due to it being a superbug. Still I suppose this is the difference with private care. The good news is that the money was in the vet fund. The not-so-good news is that the vet fund is just about empty now. So she'd better get better fast and not cost me a load more when she goes back in 10 days.
    On top of that I've had a non-stop day at work with teaching and tests and marking, and tomorrow is big teaching day with after school sessions and everything. Home. Off to the vets. Home. DS to swimming. Home. Bed. Netflix. Sleep.
    Not really much time to get anything done. Basics of housework and cleaning up after the cat. Prepped a packed lunch for tomorrow and that's about it. Not even sure that I have time to fully catch up on here.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh lord. Your cats CCL seem to cost you a fortune. I wish there was something I could say to help. My cat is 11 this May and apart from one liver illness very early on which did cost a lot, has never been ill again. I really hope she is ok now.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport