My first home &I want to OWN it!

Options

Comments

• Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I found out last week that our DDs for energy will be dropping by £13pm. Have toyed a little bit with where that should go as my current goal is savings not OPs, but then I thought that it's such a small amount that it won't make much difference to savings totals. With that in mind I put it into the mortgage OP calculator and found that, coupled with the £19.40 from rounding our payments up, it would take 1 year 5 months off the term and £6000 in interest!

To do tomorrow- call mortgage company and set that up!
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Can anyone tell me why my monthly payments as calculated by the mortgage company are less than the mortgage calculator on here, and than the mortgage spreadsheet, suggest they should be. I'm down to pay about £3 per month less than calculators think I should be?
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Possibly because the calculator only deals with full years, so you will always be underestimating or overestimating the time left, which will throw out the other calculations?
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Calfuray wrote: »
    Possibly because the calculator only deals with full years, so you will always be underestimating or overestimating the time left, which will throw out the other calculations?

Thank you for your reply! It's a Good point but the payments only started last week so it's not really 'off' yet and the complicated spreadsheet I've downloaded from somewhere here says the same...Baffled!
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Katzen wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why my monthly payments as calculated by the mortgage company are less than the mortgage calculator on here, and than the mortgage spreadsheet, suggest they should be. I'm down to pay about £3 per month less than calculators think I should be?

small percentage differences maybe?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    edited 10 July 2013 at 10:05PM
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    small percentage differences maybe?

That's the only thing I could come up with, that the figure on our paperwork is a rounded number and the actual number has many more decimals. Shouldnt worry as its in our favour but it upsets me that my spreadsheet is wrong!

Oh and I hate that the pub after hockey training charged £4.20 for two soft drinks and I think she short changed me! :(
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Having a little word with myself, please excuse me:

One irritating Child in lesson 5 today and I've totally forgotten that I had a wonderful lesson 1 taking yr7 for a little walk to the stream and found loads of good creepy swimmy things (freshwater shrimp for those in the know) and then after school with STEM club playing with non-newtonian liquids. Overall a totally fab day and yet I can't ignore irritating child! What an idiot!

Gym and now red wine. Sounds daft but there is logic- having a tv night with nachos, popcorn and wine with Mr Katz tomorrow so I need to drink some wine to stop myself drinking the whole bottle tomorrow night-I've got stuff to do Saturday! :rotfl
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a student come to see me today and say " sorry for being a little !!!! yesterday Miss.
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    I had a student come to see me today and say " sorry for being a little !!!! yesterday Miss.

I hope he doesn't do that, I think the shock might just kill me! More likely to get some of the nice ones saying thank you and that's always nice :)
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    What a busy weekend!? A 60mile round trip to a wedding plus hotel bar prices was not cheap but worth it for a lovely day. Also spend £30 on material and the remains of a how to sew a skirt workshop. Again, not very MSE but if I continue to make my own skirts it will be worth it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    New house has started to eat money. DH has spent the weekend putting up plasterboard to square off a previous bodge job courtesy of previous owners. I love being up there at this time of year as its so quiet and peacful. Not such a fan of steaming wallpaper but will all be worth it in the end!
    GC Feb 0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills