Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Comments

• Astec
    Astec Posts: 515 Forumite
    What's the best thing for faulty old phones? Tesco give 50 points which is worth £2 in deals, is there an alternative with quidco cashback that'll be worth more?

Got 2 SE T68's, working one will go to tesco for 300 points (£12 deals), not sure what to do with other one as worth nothing traded in unless I can topup with quidco.
  • just to let you know, tesco have reduced their points to 200 for working phones ;(
    LBM 14/11/08: Debt £114,626; 31/01/09 £106,800. 28/02/09 £87,047 31/03/09 £86,424, 30/04/09 £84,080, 31/05/09 £82,900, 30/06/09 £82,050, 31/07/09 £80,693, 31/08/09 79,759, 24/2/10 77,014 15/08/11 89,300
    flex loan £42,500; credit cards £35,300; family £11,500;
    Debt free date who knows!
  • 2 days after I called and they said they had not received them I got an e-mail confirming receipt of all 3 so no panic. I doubt it was because it took over two weeks for them to arrive but at least it's sorted now.

By the way, I also got no mention of the £5 bonus, but I will wait and see.
  • vangirl_2
    vangirl_2 Posts: 1,956 Forumite
    Hi, Sent my Nokia N95 to Tesco in the envelope they provided (sent it special delivery) on monday and got an email last night saying they would be sending me a £100 giftcard in the next 14 days and would receive 200 green clubcard points within 28 days.

So pretty pleased with them so far. Could have probably got a bit more for it elsewhere but thought Tesco might be a bit safer to use.

Update; Received my giftcard this morning (Saturday) by special delivery. So all in all it took about 8 days from requesting the envelope. So very pleased with them.
  • jd87
    jd87 Posts: 2,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've got two Samsung Z140v's. Both of them are in working order, but they are both damaged. One has a cracked outer screen, and both of them are missing a little plastic tip on the end of their aerials. Fonebank.com says a working Z140 is worth £6, mobile2cash.co.uk says £5.50 and bananagreen.com says £5. Do you think I will actually get this much for them given the damage? Which one do you think it is best to go for?
  • skellz
    skellz Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    has anybody used fonebank?
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    I have just recycled my LG Viewty on the NOTW website via bank transfer. They send you a puffy envelope in a day or two and you just send your phone fully charged up, they check it's working and then transfer the money within a week of them receiving it.. The thing it doesn't say if you have to send the charger as well, does anyone know?

http://www.notwbuyback.co.uk/
  • Sheli_K
    Sheli_K Posts: 5 Forumite
    skellz wrote: »
    has anybody used fonebank?

Yes, I was just about to mention them... they were paying the most in comparison for 2 samsung phones I had.

Sent both phones last Tuesday 10th March. Thursday 12th March received e-mail stating they had received phones and that cheque will be with me shortly. Friday 13th March (unlucky 4 some) I received a cheque for £140...:T yippeee
  • Sheli_K
    Sheli_K Posts: 5 Forumite
    Sheli_K wrote: »
    Love2recycle v Mopay Both are top Notch:p

Posted both Sony Ericsson and Nokia phone on Thursday 19th Feb.

Saturday 28th, cheque arrived posted 1st class for £40 from Love2recycle. Today 3rd March cheque arrived 2nd class for £45. :beer:

I had 6 Mobile phones to recycle and have managed to sell 4 of them to 3 companies.

Love2recycle provided a jiffy bag, responded with e-mail, but there was some confusion about £5 bonus though. Mopay did not respond with e-mail, just received cheque in the post. Fonebank responded with 2 e-mails as I sent them in 2 seperate jiffy's, yet I received 1 cheque (lol) and were the quickest to pay out.

Did I mention it only cost me £2.88 in postage and 87p for 3 jiffy bags (@29p each). The lady at the post office said that 1st class post would cost £1.45 and recorded is another 72p, but as i used the freepost address the postage would be deducted and i would only be charged for the recorded.

Can I just say that I'm sorry for those whose phones have gone missing and those who have yet to hear a reply. But I would still recommend the 3 companies to anyone.
  • Fastflys
    Fastflys Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi All
    Love2Recycle = Love2Email, Love2DoNothing, Hate2WriteCheques

Not impressed with this company at all!! I traded in 06 mobile phones in February to take advantage of Love2Recycle's extra £5 per mobile promo. Since then all I've received is misleading emails and excuses.

Below I have copied Love2Recycle's latest email sent to me today [19th March]. Below that I have copied my response which explains all.

Many thanks for sending Love2Recycle your old mobile phone. It has now undergone testing with our technical team and we have found the following problem:

You traded a Motorola V3688 as working. However according to our grading the handset is actually faulty (no power, faulty keypad).

Because of this difference, our revised offer is to pay you £1.00.

Please let us know within 7 days if you accept or reject the revised offer. To do so, please reply to this email.

If you reject the offer we will return the handset to you free of charge.

If we do not hear from you by then we will continue to process your handset at the revised offer.

Regards,
    Hi

I cannot believe that you have sent me this email.

The six mobile phones I traded in with your company were all clean and in mint condition. I tested every mobile phone and restored the factory settings on each. I would be amazed if you have ever received six mobile phones in such perfect condition. I bubble wrapped each mobile phone and placed them inside a bubble lined box. I packed them in such a manner that there was no movement within the box and the mobiles were cushioned on all sides. The Motorola V3688 in question was in full working order when it was sent to you. To inform me that this mobile will not power up and has a faulty keyboard is nonsense.

Your company is a joke! You have mismanaged my trade in order from day one. Let me enlighten you:
    • Trade in order actioned on-line in February to take advantage of your £5 extra per mobile promo
    • Welcome pack never received
    • Your company contacted by phone. I was informed that a Welcome pack will be posted to me and your £5 extra per mobile promo will be honoured
    • Welcome pack received and mobile phones posted to you by 1st class Recorded Delivery
    • 03rd March, email from you stating that total value of phones traded in is £18.50
    • 04th March I emailed to inform you that the total value is £48.50. You had not added the extra £5 per phone [x6]. Email response received stating that extra £5 per phone promo not shown in email, apologies and confirmation that an extra £5 per phone will be paid
    • 09th March, email from you stating that a systems problem had resulted in payments being delayed
    • 13th March, emails from you stating that I will receive individual cheques for my phones within a couple of days BUT the value of each cheque does not include an extra £5. Your company contacted by phone. I was informed that extra £5 per phone promo not shown in emails, apologies and confirmation that an extra £5 per phone will be added and cheques received will be for the correct amount
    • 18th March, email from you stating that you have now discovered printing errors on the cheques that I have recently received and instructions on how to cash them. I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY CHEQUES!!
    • 19th March, email from you stating that Motorola V3688 mobile phone has tested faulty
    Please explain how is it possible to have tested the Motorola V3688 and on 19th March sent me an email stating that it is faulty, when on the 18th March you have emailed to inform me of printing errors on your cheque that I should have ALREADY RECEIVED!!

Your original offer for the Motorola V3688 mobile phone was £2 plus £5 extra [promo]. In light of your appalling track record so far, to then inform me that this phone has tested faulty in order to save yourself £1 is pathetic.

I don't want to hear of any more operating problems, get your act together, you owe me £48.50 and I require payment immediately. I am now making time of the essence.

In February I also traded in mobile phones with Mazuma, Mobile Phone Exchange and Mobile Phone Buyer. All three processed my trade in orders without a hitch and the money is in my bank.

I obtained the link to your website from MoneySavingExpert.com. I am a forum member and will certainly inform Martin Lewis and other members and guests of my experience with Love2Recycle.com.

Regards

I would think very carefully before entrusting your unwanted mobys to this company!!

Should I ever receive payment I will of course add an edit to this post.

** Cheques Received - See new post below **
    ;)Do It To Them Before They Do It To You ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure