Plusnet broadband top pick, we want your feedback

Options

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I suspect this is the line that jeb is talking about. Not the line you have highlighted. So it's a pity you didn't read jeb's post thoroughly.:)
    "you move to a provider who uses their own equipment in your exchange (often called Local Loop Unbundling)"

e.g., Sky LLU, TalkTalk LLU.

Obviously jeb didn`t read the T&C before he joined so who`s fault is that.
    There is probably a box somewhere when you sign up that you have to confirm that you HAVE read the T&C.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 August 2016 at 1:06PM
    Options
    And if they did charge that then I would complain and take it all the way to the ombudsman. The only time there is a charge is if the line is ceased not moved, even to an LLU supplier. They did charge but dropped that fee in 2007.

From an old doc I have saved
    Cease charges will apply when a BT Wholesale ADSL End User service is terminated or replaced by a non-BT Wholesale ADSL End User service (cease and re-provide).
    A cease charge will be raised under the following circumstances:
    · The Service Provider raises a cease order.
    · The Service Provider asks BT Wholesale to raise a cease order on their behalf.
    · Openreach issue an unsolicited cease because the PSTN service has been terminated.
    A cease charge will not be raised in the following circumstances:
    · The End User line has been migrated to another ADSL service provider using the published migration process.
    · The End User line has been migrated to an LLU operator (either SMPF or MPF) using the published migration process.
    ·
    When End User service is migrated to another BT Wholesale ADSL service and / or to another Communications Provider (CP) where a MAC code is used.
    Options
    I hope people realise that Plusnet is owned by BT.
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 7 September 2023 at 6:35PM
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    It`s a pity you didn`t read the "legal blurb" I`ve hightlighted before your rant.

It's a pity that you didn't actually read Deleted User's post about this sly and underhand charge that has recently been introduced by Plusnet.

Existing customers were notified in an email informing them about the price rise in July 16, if they read all of the small print which you obviously didn't.

Please post details of any other ISP that charges a cease fee if:
    you move to a provider who uses their own equipment in your exchange (often called Local Loop Unbundling)
  • MCVague
    Options
    I have the same problem as Huddsta - on following the MSE link for Unlimited BB deal, and entering my post code and phone number, the web page tells me I have Fibre BB (I don't!) and restricts available options to only their Fibre BB range - much more expensive! There is no way on the web form at that point to choose anything other than their Fibre packages.

I did a live chat with them, outlined the problem, the suggested calling the sales team. When I pointed out that then I wouldn't get the cashback the suggested I change my telephone number! When I said that wasn't an option, and as a result they wouldn't be getting my business, they didn't seem that bothered, and said they'd provided feedback.

I've no problem with a company pointing out that a different service is available, but to deny the option of selecting my original choice over their more expensive offerings is just bad business. Or in Plusnet's case - no business from me.
    Options
    Rubidium wrote: »

if they read all of the small print which you obviously didn't.
    :

Why should I read the small print or legal blurb when I`m not with them or joining them?
  • Lisacarmo
    Options
    I signed up for the £75 cash back deal and paid for 12 months up front. My router was delivered early and the activation date was set for Monday 22nd August. However, my old Internet router stopped working on Mon 22nd but I had not received an activation email from Plusnet yet. I rang them the following day and they said that for some reason the broadband had not automatically activated so the lady on the phone did it there and then. I received the activation email, went home a few hours later and the broadband was not working when I plugged in the router. I phoned plusnet again (waited for 30 minutes) and the customer service guy took me through some steps to check the connection and said he would have to raise the fault with BT and if BT couldn't fix it then they would send out an engineer.

It is now 3 days later (5 days without broadband) and I had to contact plusnet again (20 min wait). The customer service guy didn't have a clue what was going on with our account due to the previous operators unclear notes and said that it was human error that this hadn't been sorted yet so he has to log it with BT (again!) and they will get back to me this evening! Overall, a very very messy experience which I had to constantly keep on top of them and received no updates from Plusnet in between calls.

What's the point in having a cheap broadband deal without the broadband??

I'm so annoyed by the whole situation as I'm trying to finish the last week of my Master's degree with no Internet!!! Off to the public libraries I go.

The only compensation thay Plusnet gave me (they didn't offer, I had to ask) was the delivery fee refunded for the router.

When I asked about cancelling they said I was in contract until August 2017....is this correct as they are not holding up their end of the contract (to provide broadband service)???

Any advice for me on this situation please?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Signing up to plusnet...

Broadband & phone switchover scheduled for end of June.

Phone was transferred a week later than scheduled.

Broadband/new router was forgotten about so no broadband until third week July.

At least they paid the £110 cashback very promptly :) And about £16pm cheaper than BT (yes I know they are owned by BT).

No to bothered as I was away on hols for two weeks during the outage and still have the wireless community broadband link :)

Not getting rid of my 6Mbps ADSL line until I know the rural wireless community BB link is reliable during a Scottish winter :)
  • JStuart
    JStuart Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Why is it that these companies can change their contracts on a whim? I signed up for 12 months with Plusnet at £16.99. So that's what I expect to get... not three months in, receive an email, yes EMAIL, to say the price was going up to £17.99. Or I could terminate my contract with them, and have all the hassle of no internet while I scrabble to get a new provider.

When I spoke to a rep on the phone, he was rude. He ignored my question which was WHY is it going up, and asked me sarcastically, do you want to terminate your contract? Poor attitude, poor tone, poor service... on top of being miffed about the price increase.:mad:
    Options
    JStuart wrote: »
    Why is it that these companies can change their contracts on a whim? I signed up for 12 months with Plusnet at £16.99. So that's what I expect to get... not three months in, receive an email, yes EMAIL, to say the price was going up to £17.99. Or I could terminate my contract with them, and have all the hassle of no internet while I scrabble to get a new provider.

When I spoke to a rep on the phone, he was rude. He ignored my question which was WHY is it going up, and asked me sarcastically, do you want to terminate your contract? Poor attitude, poor tone, poor service... on top of being miffed about the price increase.:mad:

Tell them to shove it and switch to TalkTalk.

£22-95 a month includes line rental(which you can pay upfront and get it even cheaper),free set up,unlimited downloads and no cutting back on speeds.
    Over the 18 months it will work out cheaper than your Plusnet deal and more reliable.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/broadband
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport