When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Oh good someone else has weighed in with an admission - I can post now then! :rotfl::rotfl: Well done PMO2! I too aim for fortnightly - and bedding/towels are the ONLY things we use the tumble dryer for.

That thread was hilarious. Hang on....I wonder.....Oh yes, HERE YOU GO...

Turns out there's one for Towels too - no idea if that's as funny though >> Towels

The bedding thread turned into essentially a game of oneupmanship from some people, with others taking delight in coming across as as grubby as they possibly could. :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Silver_Queen
    Silver_Queen Posts: 824 Forumite
    Mine gets done every 2-3weeks ish :o

A couple of years back when I was a student it'd be once every two months or so....

One of my housemates didn't do theirs one single time in the entire time that we lived together :eek:
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I aim to wash bedding and towels once a week although sometimes it goes to two if I am very busy. No children though but every day seems massively over the top unless you have any bed wetters.

I don't iron sheets or duvets unless they look very creased. Pillow cases I will iron and T towels. Hubbys shirts are hung on hanger to dry so often don't need ironing and my tops too are not ironed unless they look creased. I can honestly say even when our daughters were living at home I would do the ironing all in one go weekly in maybe one or two hours.

Your soa actually balances more or less HI so that is good. Is it your OH who keeps borrowing from friends etc?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    As I have previously declared that I am a sloven and I don't care I am happy to admit to every 2 - 3 weeks for my own bedding, DD does her every week and DS has to be peeled from his bedding (usually the same as I do mine).

While at Uni DS has taken the stance that there is no need to wash his bedding at all:eek: as mum will do it on his return (or chuck it away if its too bad - he does get the used stuff from our airing cupboard and not the nice stuff)

Hidden - I think you should move to every 2 days to see how you feel about it and then once happy with that move to every 3 days and so on until maybe you are at weekly for the kids and 2 weekly for you???

Hope you are ok today and have antibiotics from the doctor
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,031 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Beginning to think I'm a bit obsessive on this washing and ironing, This is good because I'm looking for an excuse to do it less often!! My son shared a flat with two other lads and I threw their bedding out when they gave the flat up. It was disgusting - I'm sure it hadn't been washed in years.
    Anyway, on a different subject. Hope you're ok, Hidden. Haven't heard from you today.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Anyway, on a different subject. Hope you're ok, Hidden. Haven't heard from you today.

Second that^^^^
    Hope you and the wee yins are ok Hidden
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,275 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes hope you're ok while we're all hi-jacking your diary with laundry tales :) Incidentally I change our sheet once a week and the duvet cover every other week. Can't beat the smell and feel of fresh bed linen though - one of life's simple pleasures :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Oh good someone else has weighed in with an admission - I can post now then! :rotfl::rotfl: Well done PMO2! I too aim for fortnightly - and bedding/towels are the ONLY things we use the tumble dryer for.

That thread was hilarious. Hang on....I wonder.....Oh yes, HERE YOU GO...

Turns out there's one for Towels too - no idea if that's as funny though >> Towels

The bedding thread turned into essentially a game of oneupmanship from some people, with others taking delight in coming across as as grubby as they possibly could. :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: I so remember that, it was hilarious. Don't remember the towels one though :o
  • One of my housemates didn't do theirs one single time in the entire time that we lived together :eek:

:eek::eek: rank!
  • Hope you're ok HI, sorry we've hijacked your diary but hope you've had a giggle xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure