Christmas Advents 2016 - release dates, price etc

Comments

• iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    boots one is out.

Don't want to take credit as I found out about it via grab it board

link to original thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5546058
  • iammumtoone
    Coxy11 wrote: »
    Also just seen the Mattel Megablocks Minions Movie advent on Amazon £13.85 with free delivery over £20. . Might be a good alternative to Lego:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mattel-Mega-Bloks-CPC57-Calendar/dp/B00V82MFR0/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_cp_4?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00V82MFR0&pd_rd_r=Z30P5DQ7BB775J7B9A2A&pd_rd_w=rxhPX&pd_rd_wg=taVyn&psc=1&refRID=Z30P5DQ7BB775J7B9A2A

son has that one as well as lego :o I manged to get him both for just over his budget of £25 :T

It looks ok. can't comment on quality (mega blocks is never as good as lego) but there seems to be a good selection of different pieces.
  • Alidolly
    Alidolly Posts: 791 Forumite
    For Harry Potter fans (who also like beauty products), Fortune Cookie Soap in the US have a countdown to Christmas suitcase with HP themed items. There are 12 in the box but does cost $90 including shipping and may attract duty (last year's calendar didn't so fingers crossed)
  • I saw an advent calendar of tart style candles in B&M this morning. I think it was Airpure. Cost was £2.99. Externally, nothing much to look at (just red and white), but it smelled amazing!
  • Today I have bought the Aldi advent calendar. It has charms from 1st - 23rd December, and a bracelet onto which you can attach them for 24th December. Cost £9.99. It's a change from make up and skincare. It's quite small, about A5 size. For a tenner, the quality isn't going to be great, but I reckon it's still worth the money.
  • I haven't got the Yankee one this year. Bought it last year and didn't really think it was worth the money. 4 tealight in a few Christmas scents and one votive. I bought a large jar candle instead.

I have however got two lovely treats this year. Husband bought me the liberty calendar. And it's been torture not having a peep inside. It looks lovely.
    Mother in law bought me the l'occitane. Got the you beauty one from her last year but didn't like the look of the items this year.

I have to get the cats a calendar. They have one every year. No clue what to get this year, as they don't like the catnip chocolate that you get in most cat calendars.
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • iammumtoone
    I haven't got the Yankee one this year. Bought it last year and didn't really think it was worth the money. 4 tealight in a few Christmas scents and one votive. I bought a large jar candle instead.

I have however got two lovely treats this year. Husband bought me the liberty calendar. And it's been torture not having a peep inside. It looks lovely.
    Mother in law bought me the l'occitane. Got the you beauty one from her last year but didn't like the look of the items this year.

I have to get the cats a calendar. They have one every year. No clue what to get this year, as they don't like the catnip chocolate that you get in most cat calendars.

Lucky you, hopefully someone will be starting a thread for people to post each day what they get, it will be nice to see whats in all the various ones.

I haven't found a suitable cat one this year either, previous years I had one with a toy for Christmas day but all I can find is just treats.
  • Lucky you, hopefully someone will be starting a thread for people to post each day what they get, it will be nice to see whats in all the various ones.

I haven't found a suitable cat one this year either, previous years I had one with a toy for Christmas day but all I can find is just treats.

Found lots of good cat crackers. And I have treats for their stocking. I might have to settle for giving them a few little biscuits or treat each day myself. I know it wouldn't make ANY difference to them. They're happy with just the paper and boxes on Christmas Day!
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • Arran aromatics have their advent online. There's 2 (red and purple design but same items inside!?). Costs £45 and includes candles, shampoo, conditioner and body lotions from their various ranges.

And Lego online shop has an offer on at the mo where if you spend over £60 you get a countdown calendar thing plus a nutcracker decoration. They also include a voucher for a free Lego paper calender but need to redeem that in store so might be difficult if you don't have one nearby.
  • I saw a Pork Scratching advent calendar on the Ocado website the other day- it's £12.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure