PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long on average for offers

Options

Comments

• Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    He drags discussions off topic on a daily basis and has no respect for the subject, for getting the OP helpful answers, or for listening to anyone's advice. He doesn't give advice and regularly tells lies on the forum, evades questions and he's very aware of it too! He's not rude to people, but absolutely hinders a lot of chat on here. It's a real shame. I'm sure he's got potential. But how can someone with no house buying/selling experience offer advice on the house buying/selling forum every single day?

How would you know if someone on an internet forum was lying, if you didn`t know them in real life? Surely you are not denying that low interest rates are the only thing keeping UK property prices from correcting, or that buyers have disappeared from the market? Thought you guys were paid to know this stuff?
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How would you know if someone on an internet forum was lying, if you didn`t know them in real life? Surely you are not denying that low interest rates are the only thing keeping UK property prices from correcting, or that buyers have disappeared from the market? Thought you guys were paid to know this stuff?

You're showing how little you know about real life property markets. Stop reading the HPC times.

I don't know if this link works, but it's a search of properties between 170k and 450k in my county. I have ticked 'show under offer/stc'. Note how many of them are being bought after 1-4 weeks of being on the market.
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION%5E61463&minBedrooms=3&maxPrice=450000&minPrice=170000&sortType=6&index=24&propertyTypes=bungalow%2Cdetached%2Csemi-detached&includeSSTC=true&dontShow=newHome%2CsharedOwnership

Have you any evidence that buyers have disappeared from the market? If not...then it's an example of one of your forum lies. An optimistic opinion of yours that's being expressed as a fact. Do stop and think before you type, it's going to take a hell of a lot of work on your part to regain any confidence from fellow forum members!
  • samsam89
    samsam89 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 May 2017 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Just to say. 2 more viewings booked in today. Only managed to gain one bit of feedback so far and that it was a perfect house but that the viewers current furniture wouldn't fit right in the second bedroom and that he has a large work van that he didn't think he would be able to get on the drive too easily along with his car. Feel like those things are personal to them and leaves me feeling positive that he thought the house was otherwise perfect as it's got to suit someone eventually. Or my EA could just be trying to make me feel better :)
  • chile_paul
    chile_paul Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like a really nice property. Spending £30 on some pot plants to go near the front door / hide what looks like slight dodgy path up to the front door probably wouldn't go amiss :)
  • samsam89
    Options
    chile_paul wrote: »
    Looks like a really nice property. Spending £30 on some pot plants to go near the front door / hide what looks like slight dodgy path up to the front door probably wouldn't go amiss :)

Thank you! The pathway to the door really isn't that dodgy, though you're not the first to mention that! We had some nice pot plants at the front door, but due to my ineptness at gardening, they died :rotfl:
  • samsam89
    Options
    Had another viewing today and another booked in for tomorrow. The one today is extremely keen and is going to book in a second viewing with his father (a builder). His father told him to ask 3 questions:

1. Is it a suspended floor? Something to do with slats?

I have no idea on the answer...

2. Does it have any new build guarantees?

We weren't aware of any, but I have been told all new builds have some form of workmanship guarantee?

3. Does it have any Japanese knotweed?

We already told EA there was none but they still wanted us to answer again.

Bizarre questions or just me?
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    samsam89 wrote: »
    Had another viewing today and another booked in for tomorrow. The one today is extremely keen and is going to book in a second viewing with his father (a builder). His father told him to ask 3 questions:

1. Is it a suspended floor? Something to do with slats?

I have no idea on the answer...

Then say so. And ask the so-called builder why the hell he can't figure it out himself....
    2. Does it have any new build guarantees?

We weren't aware of any, but I have been told all new builds have some form of workmanship guarantee?

They generally come with 10 year guarantees. Is it less than 10 years old? If not then the question's irrelevant.
    3. Does it have any Japanese knotweed?

We already told EA there was none but they still wanted us to answer again.

Then answer again. They should be looking for it themselves rather than relying on your horticultural expertise anyway.
  • samsam89
    Options
    davidmcn wrote: »
    Then say so. And ask the so-called builder why the hell he can't figure it out himself....

They generally come with 10 year guarantees. Is it less than 10 years old? If not then the question's irrelevant.

Then answer again. They should be looking for it themselves rather than relying on your horticultural expertise anyway.

Many thanks! I told the EA exactly what I put above. Have no idea what on earth he wants to know about the floor for. House was built 2-3 years ago.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    samsam89 wrote: »
    House was built 2-3 years ago.
    Ok, then you ought to have a guarantee. NHBC is the most common one. Check your paperwork from the purchase, it's probably mentioned there. If not then it'll have been stuffed away with the titles at your lender or your solicitors.
  • samsam89
    Options
    First offer is in at £180,000. Have cash buyers viewing on Wednesday, is it best to hold off on their offer and wait to see what the cash buyers are like or reject offer straight away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure