PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How long on average for offers

Comments

• Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It is overpriced. Agents can only guess at house prices. They don't actually know what a house will sell for. What they are good at is guessing what an owner would like them to say it is worth in order to get the business.

A house is worth what someone will pay you for it.

I wouldn't view it. For me there are three reasons.

1 The front path looks as if it is propped up on bricks in the photo.

2 You can't sit round the fire and watch the television because of the shape of the living room or placement of your furniture in it suggests this.

3 I can't tell if you can get a bed in the 2nd bedroom. I can see that the main bedroom is small by how much furniture you can get in it.

Forget Zoopla estimates they can be really, really wrong.
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Three agents valued mine at 585 and it's now at 520 and still hasn't sold. It hasn't helped that next door was knocked down and has been a building site for 6 months, which the agent said it putting people off. They're putting the roof on soon so viewers will know how high it is.

Zoopla views can be helpful though. When it's on 90 views in 30 days I know I won't be getting a viewing for a whole. When it goes up to 120-130 I usually get a viewing or two.
  • samsam89
    samsam89 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 May 2017 at 1:35PM
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    Three agents valued mine at 585 and it's now at 520 and still hasn't sold. It hasn't helped that next door was knocked down and has been a building site for 6 months, which the agent said it putting people off. They're putting the roof on soon so viewers will know how high it is.

Zoopla views can be helpful though. When it's on 90 views in 30 days I know I won't be getting a viewing for a whole. When it goes up to 120-130 I usually get a viewing or two.

That's good to know.

I'm an extremely impatient person so although ours has only been on 72 hours, and we're not in a screaming rush to move, I'm keen for there to be interest to satisfy myself that we could sell if needs be.

Does length of time on market correlate to less viewings? For example, properties newly added to Rightmove, Zoopla etc will obviously attract viewers as they're at the top of searches. I assume that excitement fades away after being on the market a little while?
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It's a beautiful house!! If only house prices were that price in Essex, it would be a bargain and I would have put an offer in straight away!
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    samsam89 wrote: »
    That's good to know.

I'm an extremely impatient person so although ours has only been on 72 hours, and we're not in a screaming rush to move, I'm keen for there to be interest to satisfy myself that we could sell if needs be.

Does length of time on market correlate to less viewings? For example, properties newly added to Rightmove, Zoopla etc will obviously attract viewers as they're at the top of searches. I assume that excitement fades away after being on the market a little while?

If something is on the market for a long time it usually means that it is overpriced. So people think either that it is too expensive or that there is something wrong with it.
  • samsam89
    samsam89 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    rjw4 wrote: »
    It's a beautiful house!! If only house prices were that price in Essex, it would be a bargain and I would have put an offer in straight away!

Thanks! Nice to have some positive feedback on the look of the place. :o
  • Lovem
    Lovem Posts: 205 Forumite
    I really like it! However, to make yours stand out personally I would add a large hanging basket and some potted plants. It won't cause someone to view or not but just give it that little extra touch from the outside.
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    120k tops.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The last 2 bed terrace sold for £140 in Jan but yours is in much much nicer condition, so I'd expect 160-165 is reasonable and you should get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure